Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Are Israelis fears of Palestinian violence justified?
Yes 117 55.19%
No 95 44.81%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

02-10-2015, 17:48   #46
MakeEmLaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Norman View Post
A few days the Israelis killed an 18 year old for being, well, not Jewish.
Quote:
They killed an 18 year old Palestinian girl. She did nothing.
You are referring to Hadeel al-Hashlamun.

She set off a metal detector because she was carrying a knife.

The Israeli soldiers told her not to move, and shot at her feet.

She then pulled the knife out and advanced towards the Israeli soldiers, after which they shot her.

A photograph of the knife can be seen here.

Am I sorry a young woman was shot dead? Absolutely.

Was she shot because she was not Jewish? No.

The fact that you would say that speaks volumes about your ignorance of the situation.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-10-2015, 18:12   #47
Eugene Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeEmLaugh View Post
You are referring to Hadeel al-Hashlamun.

She set off a metal detector because she was carrying a knife.

The Israeli soldiers told her not to move, and shot at her feet.

She then pulled the knife out and advanced towards the Israeli soldiers, after which they shot her.

A photograph of the knife can be seen here.

Am I sorry a young woman was shot dead? Absolutely.

Was she shot because she was not Jewish? No.

The fact that you would say that speaks volumes about your ignorance of the situation.
Of course she was shot for being non Jewish because if she set off an alarm (if she did) and was Jewish she wouldn't have been killed. She didn't advance with the knife either. She stood still

I love the photograph of the knife by the way. That's conclusive. A knife on the ground.

Here the photography of the incident via the daily mail.

No knife until it appears after the shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...heckpoint.html

Last edited by Eugene Norman; 02-10-2015 at 18:26.
02-10-2015, 18:38   #48
Nodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumSteve View Post
Can I ask you, as an isolated act, do you think it was okay that these people were killed?
I'm not comfortable with it happening in front of the children, but after that, no, I'm not pushed. They're colonists, they're in an occupied zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plisken
Well if you bothered to read the first post it stated that a Hamas spokesman was delighted with their death and that's what I was referring to, anyway you have been found out on the other thread regarding immigration to be an Islamic apologist.
Bit of a laugh. I'm against all acts of colonialism and imperialism, whether its in West Papua or the west bank. Others seem to look at certain things and say "o, they're muslim, screw them". I think its fairly clear what the modern view is.
02-10-2015, 19:48   #49
Snake Plisken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodin View Post
I'm not comfortable with it happening in front of the children, but after that, no, I'm not pushed. They're colonists, they're in an occupied zone.

Bit of a laugh. I'm against all acts of colonialism and imperialism, whether its in West Papua or the west bank. Others seem to look at certain things and say "o, they're muslim, screw them". I think its fairly clear what the modern view is.
Ah that clears up a good for things regarding your political loyalties, I would say you would have been a strong supporter of the republican movement who had a decent weapon and bomb making business with their buddies in Palestine. A signed up member of Gerry's army.
All is fair if it's a war against so called colonialism in Nodins world view!
02-10-2015, 20:00   #50
hatrickpatrick

I don't condone killings of any kind, military or otherwise. Never have.

But for those who take the view that military killing is acceptable while civilian killing is not, then I have to ask - how exactly do you differentiate between a military occupation and a civilian one? Is the view that choosing to move in to someone else's land as part of a military occupation makes you a de facto member of the invading army not a perfectly valid one?

If I choose to take part in a military operation actively, on its front line (in this case, the military driven colonisation of the west bank), then surely just because I don't wear a uniform it doesn't mean that I'm not effectively part of the invading army. Just as Hamas militants who launch rockets are still regarded as military targets despite not wearing a uniform.

If you condone the killing of the latter, then the only logical way you can fail to condone the killing of the former is if you try to argue that a military occupation of someone else's land does not count as an act of aggression. In which case you're going to have to explain that opinion, because it makes little sense to me.

Obviously children are an exception to this since they weren't offered a choice about living in a settlement, but adults who chose to move to land as part of a military occupation should be regarded on the same level as civilians who lob rockets into Israeli land as part of a military occupation.
Advertisement
02-10-2015, 20:04   #51
hatrickpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plisken View Post
Ah that clears up a good for things regarding your political loyalties, I would say you would have been a strong supporter of the republican movement who had a decent weapon and bomb making business with their buddies in Palestine. A signed up member of Gerry's army.
....so called?
(2) thanks from:
02-10-2015, 20:32   #52
Nodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plisken View Post
"Nodin in Republican Shock!!!!!!"
02-10-2015, 20:55   #53
Conor74

Quote:
They killed an 18 year old Palestinian girl. She did nothing.

If you can find a record of the Israeli army killing 18 year old Jewish girls for no reason please do share.
She was a terrorist.

The only sad aspect is that they shot her. Far too quick.
02-10-2015, 21:01   #54
pmasterson95

Good old boards. Palestinians are heros. Israelis scum. Some bandwagons never change
Advertisement
02-10-2015, 21:06   #55
Amirani

Anyone who defends the murder of 2 civilians in front of their kids is a scumbag, regardless of your position on the Israel/Palestine situation.
02-10-2015, 21:47   #56
hatrickpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmasterson95 View Post
Good old boards. Palestinians are heros. Israelis scum. Some bandwagons never change
Israelis aren't scum. Settlers are. If you disagree, by all means explain why - so far I've never seen a convincing reason not to regard people who steal others' property based on a religious myth as scum.

I still don't condone killing them because I don't condone killing, end of story. But I do regard them as scum. What specifically separates them from people who decide to move into my house and threaten me with guns when I tell them to f*ck off? That's exactly what the military backed settler movement has done. Palestinians lived on the land beyond Israel's 1967 border before they were driven out to make room for settlements. That's theft - there's no other word for it.

As I said before, the only settlers I feel empathy for are the children of people who moved to them. They didn't choose their situation and they didn't choose to be brought into the world in the middle of a war zone. But it's the parents who should regarded even more as scumbags for putting kids in that situation to begin with.
(5) thanks from:
02-10-2015, 21:49   #57
Nodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmasterson95

Good old boards. Palestinians are heros. Israelis scum. Some bandwagons never
change
If Palestinians were colonising Israel you'd have a point. They are not, however, so its hard to know what you're on about.
Thanks from:
02-10-2015, 22:11   #58
IngazZagni

I feel sorry for the vast majority of innocent Israelis who are demonised for simply being, well an Israeli Jew. That is more than evident here on boards. These same people are supporting an Islamic terrorist Government that support the murder of innocent civilians. Can you imagine the field day the same people would have if an Israeli Government official said something similar? Pure hypocrisy.
(2) thanks from:
02-10-2015, 22:16   #59
Nodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngazZagni View Post
I feel sorry for the vast majority of innocent Israelis who are demonised for simply being, well an Israeli Jew. That is more than evident here on boards................
That sounds like anti-Semitism to me. Could you link to the posts where this occurred?
(2) thanks from:
02-10-2015, 22:25   #60
IngazZagni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodin View Post
That sounds like anti-Semitism to me. Could you link to the posts where this occurred?
It was actually a response to Eugene Normans post.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion