Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boylesports Website Issues

Options
  • 02-07-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

I'm interested to know if other people are finding the Boylesports website appalling?
    I find it absolutely awful for the types of bets I place, which are normally football or golf based and may mean deviating away from the main markets. There are massive hang times navigating around the site and then trying to place a bet takes forever. It seems to have been getting worse recently.

I have attempted accessing the site via chrome and explorer, using XP, Windows 7 and even Server 2012 and from numerous different machines and locations, but the performance is consistently terrible, in saying that, it is slightly better via their android mobile platform, although again, it can take its time moving between different areas.

I mentioned this to customer service a few times, but they didn't acknowledge that there are any issues and told me that chrome was the optimum browser if I was experiencing difficulties.

As a result, I rarely use them anymore, although I do like some of their football markets, I am posting this now, because I have just spent 20 odd mins placing two football bets and want to know if this is just confined to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

It can get pretty laggy alright.

Their mobile software is top notch though.

re : website : Design is decent and easier to navigate compared to other bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Though it was just me, can be very very laggy placing bets. And has many small, but still problematic issues e.g. prices not updating on betslip, selected race track full day reverts to single next race only after just 10secs, sometimes it decides to jump from decimals to fractional, and some menus get in the way, the design overall is a bit weak/bland/wishy-washy with fonts too small and in light greyish italics or something. The previous versions were better along the lines of powers current layout, simple, clear, not much bells n whistles but fast to bet and get around when not busy.

One thing can't stand on many sites is not being able to toggle bets on/off - as I only do accumulators (as per the name), so having to go back to golf, horses, tennis, 1stGS etc to mix up selection slightly is a real pain, Powers and very few others do have this function though.

Luckily have accounts with most of the big 20, though many with restrictions/limits, Coral locked me out after just 2 weeks, pity that was fairly clear, simple looking site. 365 is probably the fastest of all, but bit text heavy, uses flash only I think.

Imagine its pretty competitive market with eurozone folks like Betway, Unibet, Bwin etc.

On the plus side there is plenty of options on Boyles to pick from on the main page, even if it looks like an excel spreadsheet.
    And the ipad app actually works great (don't like the Powers one, bit slow and the placed bets statement thing is just a muddled unsorted list dump).

Guess the solution is: clear not too busy and less is more (well except maybe for the grey pc boxes that run stuff behind the scenes :)

Ah sure in 5yrs it'll all be outlawed by the eu, like smoking and wolf whistling at pretty ladies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

it's a pile of ****e alright , ok from a phone though

Advertisement