Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultrafire 6810 Samsung LED High-lights White Light 3Modes 500LM Flashlight Black

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

What kind of battery does it take .. says on the site 1 x 18650 Battery :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

3 modes: on, off and...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Barr wrote: »
    What kind of battery does it take .. says on the site 1 x 18650 Battery :confused:

Its a special type of rechargeable battery I think
    3 modes: on, off and...?

S.O.S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

wiz569 wrote: »
    Its a special type of rechargeable battery I think/QUOTE]

Size wise is it AA , AAA etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Ah, S.O.S. mode. :mad:

Piss off. Seriously do we need it? Do we need it so bad that we have to flick through the mode EVERY time we turn the torch on?

Who buys these internet bargain torches from China? Fat people. Fat, lazy, internet bargain hunting nerds. We won't be stuck up a mountain at night or trapped in some dark cave. We'll use these torches to make it to the kitchen when the electricity is gone.
    S.O.S. mode me arse!

• Advertisement

It's a bigger fella altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

wiz569 wrote: »
    Its a special type of rechargeable battery I think

Longer and thicker lol

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

AstraOwner wrote: »

Piss off. Seriously do we need it? Do we need it so bad that we have to flick through the mode EVERY time we turn the torch on?

Who buys these internet bargain torches from China? Fat people. Fat, lazy, internet bargain hunting nerds. We won't be stuck up a mountain at night or trapped in some dark cave. We'll use these torches to make it to the kitchen when the electricity is gone.
    S.O.S. mode me arse!

Charming your mother must be sooo proud.

Why dont you take your own advice and P1ss off.

Thanks op I appreciate the alert and I am not any of yje above.

Charming your mother must be sooo proud.

Why dont you take your own advice and P1ss off.

Thanks op I appreciate the alert and I am not any of yje above.

Attack the post and not the poster as they say. Or the product in my case, certainly not the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭Soarer

AstraOwner wrote: »

S.O.S. mode me arse!

I understand the need to vent when somebody dares to post a bargain that you have no interest in. But.....

19b4ee45e08536bfa8f9b640310c8f781e293386f80d2a540ededb19d4cb1255.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Should be a decent bike light with one of the tmart swivel adapters: http://www.tmart.com/360-Degree-Rotatable-Multifunctional-Bike-Headlight-Holder_p100745.html

I've been using one of the previous bargain alerts tmart leds Q5? and its brighter than the €60 cateye ones and only cost $2.47. The local gun club have been using them as rifle lamps too they're dead chuffed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I cant believe I've had to do moderation for people being uncivil on a post about flash lights...

Bans and warning have been handed out.

Please be civil to other posters, if you are not interested in a bargain please do not post

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

I cant believe I've had to do moderation for people being uncivil on a post about flash lights...

Bans and warning have been handed out.

Please be civil to other posters, if you are not interested in a bargain please do not post

Ah don't be so harsh WMN. If you owned an Astra, you'd have a gripe with the world too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

dodzy wrote: »
    Ah don't be so harsh WMN. If you owned an Astra, you'd have a gripe with the world too;)

I do (Astra H estate), and its currently broken with the mechanic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

I just PMSL. What were the chances😄 hope it ends well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

This is not possible according to Claudia Schiffer?

This is not possible according to Claudia Schiffer?

Lol I think the H stands for headgasket.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The cheap CREE units going will probably trump this, and they arent much more. I use them daily on the bike, they REALLY work (can see signs flashing at me 150m down the road).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 lonkaz

good deal . ordered one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Great torches -

..but be wary of fake 18650 batteries for it. They are very high power, far from AA - and the fake batteries sold on many china websites/ebay have less protection in them.

Zip forward to 3:25 secs for the good part.

Anything with high values like 4000mAh are fake.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    but be wary of fake 18650 batteries for it. They are very high power, far from AA - and the fake batteries sold on many china websites/ebay have less protection in

Do you know where to get decent ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I just use my phone as a light beside my bed if i have to get up...Mighty job*!!!

*Saving you folks even more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

moodrater wrote: »

Got Ultrafire BRC 18650 3000mAh with Re/Discharging protection circuit off eBay few years ago, working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

moodrater wrote: »

I've ripped a rake of them out of old laptop batteries. No protection circuit, but I transport them securely. Works just fine.

Advertisement