Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snides Knock off goods

• 10-07-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Whats your take on them clothes and shoes and handbags?
    Or Drink Drugs Fags

To me the first ones are personal choices the latter scares me as we dont know when we are sold them.

Yay or Nay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Knock off smokes are the worst. Absolutely disgusting, makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hootanany wrote: »
    To me the first ones are personal choices the latter scares me as we dont know when we are sold them.
    Would you not remember handing over the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

cloud493 wrote: »
    Knock off smokes are the worst. Absolutely disgusting, makes me sick.

Yeah, stick to the healthy genuine cigarettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Hootanany wrote: »
    Whats your take on them clothes and shoes and handbags?
    Or Drink Drugs Fags

Drugs are the worst, hard to find a daycent bit of Heroin these days without paying extortionate prices.

Custardpi wrote: »
    Yeah, stick to the healthy genuine cigarettes.

Big difference between normal smokes and the kind they sell on moore street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Nay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Would you not remember handing over the money?

In a packed Pub how would uou know buying a dodgy pair of trouser is different.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If People didnt buy knocked off goods, People would be less inclined to knock off goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Can't beat the good old 942p Sorny TVs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Never EVER smoke knock off cigarettes.

I got some fake John Player Blue in 2009 and started to feel a little light headed. So I got up and washed some dishes in the kitchen sink. Then, which can only be described as "the lights being turned off" I proceeded to sail backwards, with no control of my body, to hit the kitchen floor hard. I came to a second later. Started to sweat really heavy but I managed to get myself up the stairs and into bed. I was ok after 5 minutes.

I got knocked out by a fake cigarette. Now what was in that thing!?!?
    Like we all know smoking is bad in general. But if you are going to smoke. Never buy knock-offs.

• Advertisement

If anything they sound like fantastic value for money. You'd probably have to smoke at least a full pack of normal cigarettes in quick succession before you'd feel even close to that dodgy. They're probably made with a tougher breed of smoker in mind.

Can't believe it's taken me 5 years to google "Fake John Player Blue" - Would have seen this gem much quicker.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/huge-haul-of-lethal-cigarettes-impounded-26517417.html

Tests on the counterfeit cigarettes, including fake packets of the popular John Player Blue, have shown that they can contain dangerously high levels of poisons including arsenic. The cigarettes are manufactured in clandestine factories in China and north Africa and have been found to contain floor sweepings, sawdust and toxic chemicals
    If anything they sound like fantastic value for money. You'd probably have to smoke at least a full pack of normal cigarettes in quick succession before you'd feel even close to that dodgy. They're probably made with a tougher breed of smoker in mind.

Who? The Grim Reaper? :pac:

But seriously... I think I may have had a close call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Snides wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Panaphonic make great tellys!

Can't believe it's taken me 5 years to google "Fake John Player Blue" - Would have seen this gem much quicker.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/huge-haul-of-lethal-cigarettes-impounded-26517417.html

Who? The Grim Reaper? :pac:

But seriously... I think I may have had a close call.

Meh, tbh that reminds me of this sort of thing in relation to "piracy" - buy our product or horror will ensue. While I'm sure the quality control departments of the knock-off manufacurers could probably be better, these warnings are probably mostly PR spin by the big brands & their allies, which pliant media outlets are happy to regurgitate for the masses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

131spanner wrote: »
    Panaphonic make great tellys!
    Prefer Sorny myself.
    And you can't beat a pair of Aninas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

I recently got an iPear.

I'm delighted with it.

Meh, tbh that reminds me of this sort of thing in relation to "piracy" - buy our product or horror will ensue. While I'm sure the quality control departments of the knock-off manufacurers could probably be better, these warnings are probably mostly PR spin by the big brands & their allies, which pliant media outlets are happy to regurgitate for the masses.

Dude,
    I had a couple of knock off smokes. I hit the ground like a ton of bricks.
    FFS there aint no quality control for knock offs :pac: it's a knock off. Only requirement is that they look the part.

"quality control for knock off smokes" - you.... you need to get out more :pac:

Dude,

Next time just have one then. You'll be saving money & the pack will last longer. Just a question of adapting.

No knock off smokes are just awful. I had some a little while ago, tasted awful, so I ripped one open just out of interest, don't know what it was inside, it was black, like tar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Tried knock off smoke before and they taste like I was sucking on a piece of poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gotr

Hello guys, i just create acc here. I'm often finding myself on
    Boards.ie so why not create acc here, mind you i didnt read whole
    Forum Rules etc. so hopefully i wont beak any of them accidentally.
    If People didnt buy knocked off goods, People would be less inclined to knock off goods.
    ppl buy Knock-Off bc they are either Cheaper or they dont even realise it.
    I Myself paid idk where, somewhere in Clondalkin, 60e for Knockoff Wrangler shoes (partNeedled was just hoax, glued not sewed all way thru)
    Dude,
    FFS there aint no quality control for knock offs it's a knock off. Only requirement is that they look the part.

"quality control for knock off smokes" - you.... you need to get out more
    ...after how many Pints/Shots you did that ? :D
    but hes Right about "Quality Control" there is non, after all its mostly sold under orginal brand name knowinglly by this manufacturer under no afiliation to orginal brand.

Im Polish, and back in "the old Country" we used to buy smokes by
    10pck (whole Wagon as we call it, Depend from brand 200-300 single cigarettes P.S. I don't know how you guys call it ) from not exactly certified Sales person in Market, but hey they was mostly ~3/5 of original Price

My Experience with knock-off Cigarettes include:
    -That slim line of foil around, don't work, tear up either whole or at all (not like it was much problem)
    -After pulling paper for the first time, which guarantee "freshness of smokes" was holding entire interior with 20 smokes in it (**** just didn't rip)
    -Taste was comparable to "recycled Tabbaco" (when there is no place where you can buy Smokes in 2-5km radius around place you party atm *shamed*)

But I'm really surprised of you guys, as Irish ppl have experienced cig knock-offs here, Central/Eastern Europe of other hand...
    My Tip would b to have your source somewhat trusted then from so called "Ants".
    Thank god i switch to AmberLeaf Tabbaco few years ago, pack cost less, last 2x if not 3x longer and there is no hussle.

Off-Topic
    The reason i came here was diff then OP, i was looking for "Shoe/Boot Online Shop" Which DONT sell knock offs, as ...Winter is Coming!
    While browsing and browsing i end up here, and "..That went South sooo Fast!"
    So im asking you guys, do you know good and reliable and, mostly important cheap, Shoe/boots sites, which dont sell Knock-off stuff like IMHO w-onlineshoes-c DOES ?

P.S. I don't know how you guys call manufacturer Bundle of 10 boxes of cigarettes, any help ? (yes i google it before with no result... )

P.S. 2
    I'm Sorry in advance if its Off topic or post should be in other place
    and some moderator :Sigh: again when he sees it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Gotr wrote: »
    Hello guys, i just create acc here. I'm often finding myself on
    Boards.ie so why not create acc here, mind you i didnt read whole
    Forum Rules etc. so hopefully i wont beak any of them accidentally.

ppl buy Knock-Off bc they are either Cheaper or they dont even realise it.
    I Myself paid idk where, somewhere in Clondalkin, 60e for Knockoff Wrangler shoes (partNeedled was just hoax, glued not sewed all way thru)

...after how many Pints/Shots you did that ? :D
    but hes Right about "Quality Control" there is non, after all its mostly sold under orginal brand name knowinglly by this manufacturer under no afiliation to orginal brand.

Im Polish, and back in "the old Country" we used to buy smokes by
    10pck (whole Wagon as we call it, Depend from brand 200-300 single cigarettes P.S. I don't know how you guys call it ) from not exactly certified Sales person in Market, but hey they was mostly ~3/5 of original Price

My Experience with knock-off Cigarettes include:
    -That slim line of foil around, don't work, tear up either whole or at all (not like it was much problem)
    -After pulling paper for the first time, which guarantee "freshness of smokes" was holding entire interior with 20 smokes in it (**** just didn't rip)
    -Taste was comparable to "recycled Tabbaco" (when there is no place where you can buy Smokes in 2-5km radius around place you party atm *shamed*)

But I'm really surprised of you guys, as Irish ppl have experienced cig knock-offs here, Central/Eastern Europe of other hand...
    My Tip would b to have your source somewhat trusted then from so called "Ants".
    Thank god i switch to AmberLeaf Tabbaco few years ago, pack cost less, last 2x if not 3x longer and there is no hussle.

Off-Topic
    The reason i came here was diff then OP, i was looking for "Shoe/Boot Online Shop" Which DONT sell knock offs, as ...Winter is Coming!
    While browsing and browsing i end up here, and "..That went South sooo Fast!"
    So im asking you guys, do you know good and reliable and, mostly important cheap, Shoe/boots sites, which dont sell Knock-off stuff like IMHO w-onlineshoes-c DOES ?

P.S. I don't know how you guys call manufacturer Bundle of 10 boxes of cigarettes, any help ? (yes i google it before with no result... )

P.S. 2
    I'm Sorry in advance if its Off topic or post should be in other place
    and some moderator :Sigh: again when he sees it :D

Schuh.ie they're not cheap but well good stuff and cheap and cheap stuff ain't good

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gotr

Snake wrote: »
    Schuh.ie they're not cheap but well good stuff and cheap and cheap stuff ain't good
    I know good quality aint cheap, all tho i will like to find cheapes like i do with PC components around web.
    Thanks, ill check that one out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

I know good quality aint cheap, all tho i will like to find cheapes like i do with PC components around web.
    Thanks, ill check that one out :)

There's amazon.co.uk I'm assuming you're living in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I used to buy fake designer bags while on holiday, when I was younger. But now I'd find it hard to get excited about "designer" bags or shoes just thrown around a back room in Chinatown or in a massive suitcase being sold by aggressive people.

I wouldn't buy fake makeup either as the ingredients are terrible to be putting on your skin.

A trained eye can spot a fake bag/shoes a mile off anyway. I'd be mortified to think someone might see me with a knock off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I bought some fake Puma t-shirts in a market in Cyprus years ago. I still regret passing up the opportunity to get some 'Adiads' t-shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

I've often wondered whether the shops are selling knock offs as originals? ever bought a cd and when you put it into the computer the track listing is 'not even same'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

A Sleeve of Cigarettes.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Was in Turkey awhile ago the markets were selling fake Zara shoes:eek: and the price for them was dearer than the originals

Advertisement