Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broken Zip

Options
  • 05-06-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Hi I've got this nice jacket, but a tooth came off the zip and the slider of the zip somehow fell off when I was out one day.

Now I know that I could get the zip replaced, but they don't usually do a very good job, and it can be very difficult to find the right colour zip in any case.

So what I was wondering is does anyone know whether there is any place in Dublin where I could get just a new slider for the zip?

Many thanks for all suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

if there is a tooth missing, the zip may not work now... Have you thought of taking a 'slider' off another similar sized zip to see if it will work? I wouldnt have thought 'sliders' were interchangeable but worth a try. If you dont have one, you could buy something very cheap in a charity shop with a similar sized 'slider' to try it?

You can get very good zip replacement if you shop around at various alteration place - Dont give them take the jacket unless they have a zip you agree is the right colour/size etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If there is a tooth missing off the zip you are wasting your time with a new slider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I usually go to the Zip Yard for replacement zips and never had any problems, they will put on a slider if that's all it needs. But if a tooth is gone as Looksee says, the slider won't make it better, you'll need a new zip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I was going to start my own thread but I'll post my query here.
    I have a heavy coat with a duel-zipper and the slider came off it a few years ago. As it was a fairly good quality coat I didn't want to chuck it out so it law in the wardrobe for a bit. My question is this: Can I get a double slider zip replaced or is it a lost cause?
    Here's what I mean as I don't think I'm explaining it very well. :/
    7029.jpg
    Two sliders on the one track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

A paper clip does the trick

• Advertisement
Advertisement