Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-05-2013, 21:36   #1
Mr E
Administrator

Delete (SyFy Mini-Series)

Just came across this on SyFy and seems pretty good so far. UK Premiere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316306/

Quote:
Delete imagines a disaster in our all-too-fragile digital world where the web becomes dangerously self-aware with one systematic purpose, to destroy mankind. Faced with possible extinction, there is only one way out - create a second artificial intelligence, just as alive, just as intelligent and just as dangerous.
Starts on SyFy+1 at 10pm and is repeated at the weekend. 2 movie-length parts. Lots of familiar Sci-Fi faces from Sanctuary, Stargate, Eureka and others.

Good pedigree too (written by Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who were heavily involved in Stargate).

Worth a look, IMO.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-05-2013, 23:48   #2
Darko

They advertise the hell out of crap like Robot Combat League and every other reality show they air but I didn't see a single ad for this. Thanks for the heads up, caught it on +1 and enjoyed the hell out of it. There are shades of War Games and Terminator there and it's only a matter of time before Harlan Ellison files a nuisance suite but the script is intelligent, the interaction between the AI and people is very well done and the shooting style which uses cameras in everyday objects is inspired. Really looking forward to next weeks episode and I'm looking forward to seeing Seth Green reappear. I'm assuming the next time on Delete gave away a load of spoilers so I turned over when it popped up on screen.

Just to add, this was directed by an Irish man too. The rather good value for money Steve Barron who will forever be known for the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
(2) thanks from:
21-05-2013, 12:55   #3
Tristram

Send a message via ICQ to Tristram Send a message via MSN to Tristram
I want to watch this but no joy so far unfortunately

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size