Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WARNING: Two white Jack russell dogs

Options
  • 03-05-2013 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Folks,

Anyone own or know the owner of these dogs...?

I've seen these dogs loose on a number of occasions around Charlesland Park to do their business on the greens etc.

A noticed them a couple of years ago chasing a little girl around the green area, she was screaming cry running around the green trying to get away from them jumping up at her and her face, Thankfully one of her parents managed to grab her and pull her up away from them and "shoo" away the dogs.

A few days ago I was walking my little dog when they both sprung out of a hedge, growled and then one of them bite my dog, I went to "shoo" it away but then one of them attempted to go for me with its teeth showing... I managed to swing my boot at them to scare them enough to make our get-away.
    (This incident happened only yards away from a Creche too...)

Once i got home and checked my dog over that he was ok I went back to see if I could find them but they were no where to be seen...

I then hear last night that the same two dogs cornered a cat and savaged the poor thing, The owner came to collect the dogs and something was said to the owner but he choose to completly ignore them...

These are vicious dogs and something needs to be done quickly before someone or something gets killed.

Im hoping this message gets across as i don't know where the dogs and owner lives (Probably a good thing):mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Might be best to get onto the dog warden immediately or even the gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Taltos wrote: »
    Might be best to get onto the dog warden immediately or even the gardai.

Guards wouldn't be interested in this, the dog warden maybe called though as its a accident waiting to happen..

Has no-one else seen these mutts..?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Sent u a pm. I know the dogs. They're pretty harmless. The owners I could write a book on. No one wants to read it though.

Sent u a pm. I know the dogs. They're pretty harmless. The owners I could write a book on. No one wants to read it though.

Got this thread back opened as its still an ongoing concern and as mentioned in the PM sent back to you that I never did receive a PM from you for what ever reason..

Im still confused what you mean "harmless" seen as they've attacked my dog..:confused:
    I'm hoping its just a isolated incident and that they're lovely dogs but the owner(s) should not be letting the dogs out to poop everywhere and attack other pets... Between common sense and common decency they should realize this..

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Sent another

• Advertisement

Sent another

This incident was defently in CL Park and not CL Court...

Unfortunately it sounds like you have your own K9 problem..!

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Privacy:The vast majority of posters here prefer to do so anonymously. If they haven't made their identity or name widely known on the site themselves, you have no right to do so. Please respect the privacy also of your neighbours who might not use this forum. If you're not willing to say something to them directly, don't say it here. If you are willing to say it to them directly, perhaps think before you post it here anyway - see the sections on Trolling and Abuse.

Please keep in mind also that neighbourly disputes shouldn't be dragged onto the forum. For example, posting about dogs in general using common areas as their toilets or bad parking is okay. Identifying a specific dog or vehicle is not okay. If it's possible to recognise an individual as a result of something like this, we will deal with it.

Unfortunately I feel that this thread is in breach of the charter see above and has to be closed.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement