Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Weren't you recently giving out about people throwing eggs etc.? :P :pac:
    Yeah but don't have to wash my car after a snowball :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭dacogawa

No snow here

Where is here ?

dacogawa wrote: »

Where is here ?
    In his house :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

How do you know he lives in a house? He could be a traveler.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Decent snowfall in Navan now, sticking nicely.

Temp -0.1
    DP -2.5
    Humidity 84%
    Wind 12 km/h
    Wind chill -2.5

• Advertisement

Well then I'd tell him to go outside his house :rolleyes:

How do you know he lives in a house? He could be a traveler.
    Travelers live in houses too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Complete car/roofs covering here with grass at about 50%-- All from a 20 minute mini blizzard. Still huge flakes but lightish. 0.7C here in D14.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Garzard

Knocklyon's getting covered!!!!! Can't stop looking out the window! :D

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Travelers live in houses too...
    Here we go :)

• Advertisement

Radar has gotten better & better every frame for the last hour, think I'll stay up for a bit longer...

I could see my driveway and the road out side just ten minutes ago, now its just a blanket of fluffy white. If it stays like this we will have plenty on the ground by morning.

This looks interesting http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

A cat just came to my kitchen door. Both freezing and snowing out there so might heat up a dish of milk for the poor thing.

Garzard wrote: »
    A cat just came to my kitchen door. Both freezing and snowing out there so might heat up a dish of milk for the poor thing.
    Where you live
    I could do with warm glass of milk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Nice fall in Greystones now, I love lamppost watching, just never thought I would be doing it in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Do :) couldn't see an animal out in this kind of weather. A Labrador arrived collar less at my house a few weeks ago when it was chilli and we fed him and showed him the warmer dog house.

Can confirm no snow in the lower parts of Tipperary but by 11pm my windscreen was frozen over.

Wind chill is unbelievable, back on with the vest I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The latest radar suggests a shallow low is about to hit Dublin!!!

There is a slight circulation happening within the precip heading past Anglesey and there are signs that the showers are banding!!

On both Met.ie and Raintoday radars!!

The latest radar suggests a shallow low is about to hit Dublin!!!

There is a slight circulation happening within the precip heading past Anglesey and there are signs that the showers are banding!!

On both Met.ie and Raintoday radars!!
    What does that mean ?

& the winds have gone NE (ish) at howth weather station

http://www.islandbawn.com/wf/

Now SE again, jumping around out there

Where you live
    I could do with warm glass of milk :)

Knocklyon. :)
    Do :) couldn't see an animal out in this kind of weather. A Labrador arrived collar less at my house a few weeks ago when it was chilli and we fed him and showed him the warmer dog house.

Now there's two! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

WIZE wrote: »
    It certainly is. Widespread snow from about half an hour from now. For 60 to 90 minutes. Many parts from Drogheda to Greystones, reaching further inland than usual. It might only give a cm or two, but that's better than many of us have seen yet!

Met office radar shows it somewhat better. And http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html shows the wispy higher level cloud off the coast of holland at 10am, bubbling up and swirling around the North Sea before being swept westwards at about 9pm. This is the source of the current instability. There's a chance there may be a second band of organised precipitation a bit after dawn too. Not too sure yet.

This upper atmosphere low pressure system is aiding matters. Any convection in the vicinity of this upper LP is more likely to take on a rotational nature because of what's going on up higher in the atmosphere. Any organisation will also help development of further convection within these mesoscale features.

Here is upper LP system: http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/03/26/basis18/ukuk/uv50/13032703_2618.gif

About 20 minutes ago there was heavy snow in D16 with not a gap in all the clouds, now there's nothing! Are the clouds moving North?

About 20 minutes ago there was heavy snow in D16 with not a gap in all the clouds, now there's nothing! Are the clouds moving North?

No, clouds are moving west-ish, you're in a gap now (I had it a while ago) dont worry it'll be back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

youknowwho wrote: »
    Nice fall in Greystones now, I love lamppost watching, just never thought I would be doing it in March!

Is it sticking..? As I've to get home there in 3 hours..

Belting snow, roofs, cars & street all white :D

BBEAB6D90DD84FA6BCC6E9A4998FFBAB-0000354423-0003204764-00800L-1DD7CF5852C94E8C8E774A1BB50ED250.jpg

Image from an hour ago

My road has tiny blanket and cars are covered
    What's the chances for tallaght to be covered in morning?

No, clouds are moving west-ish, you're in a gap now (I had it a while ago) dont worry it'll be back soon

We're back in business! :D

My road has tiny blanket and cars are covered
    What's the chances for tallaght to be covered in morning?

Well Sandymount is nearly white now & you're a lot further above sea level so I'd be saying your chances are good for a bit of cover :D

• Advertisement

Well Sandymount is nearly white now & you're a lot further above sea level so I'd be saying your chances are good for a bit of cover :D
    It's ok had a smoke and came in with nearly a snowball sittin on me head lashing snow now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement