Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-03-2013, 12:30   #1
sliabh
Registered User
 
sliabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: en route to Rionegro
Posts: 1,922
The Rionegro Escalation, Aug 17th and 18th, Bellurgan Park.

The Rionegro Escalation
The brutal Rionegron civil war is in its third year, but General Veron’s Patriotas may not make it much longer. Last year his troops managed to stop Vice Presedent Munoz’s Republicano advance. However Veron was handed a PR disaster by his Finance minister. The world’s media revealed details of giveaway contracts with multinationals for Rionegro’s resource rights, and negotiations with drug gangs for support. The deals have been renounced, and the recently deceased minister made a scapegoat, but the damage has been done. Losing public support, and short on funds the Patriotas are tottering.

This does not suit King Fernando of neighbouring Domigua who has been covertly providing assistance to the Patriotas for several years. Their collapse would undermine his plans to dominate the region. Therefore he has signed a treaty allying Domigua to Veron’s Patriotas with the intention of crushing Munoz’s Republicanos and dominating all of Rionegro. H-Hour is 1200 on Saturday the 17th of August when the Domiguan army will cross the Rionegro border in force to support their new allies.



Near the border village of Las Cureñas a Patriota division is surrounded in the “San Esteban pocket”. The Domiguan objective here will be to break through with critically needed medical supplies.

New fronts are opening in the war and new forces appearing in the struggle for the future of Rionegro. The day is coming when people will have to account for their actions, and decide where they stand in the fight for Rionegro.

What is new this year: As well as the familiar small unit engagements, this year’s event will include large set-piece battles over the weekend. These are expected to involve most of the players on the site and will be important for deciding victory. The rules are being updated to remove unused or complicated elements. Campsites will be off-game from 02:00 to 06:00, though night missions will still be happening.

Where: Bellurgan Park, Dundalk, Co. Louth.

When: August 17th and 18th, 2013.

How long:
Sign-in and chrono: Friday 18:00 to 00:00, Saturday 07:30 to 9:30
Game WILL start: 11:00 Saturday
Game end: 15:00 Sunday, followed by post game BBQ.

How much: €50, €60 with discount for early registration, which includes the post game BBQ. Tickets for LARP players, who will have restrictions on the guns they can carry, will be €35.

Registration: Will open on Thursday May 30th at 12:00.

Age limit and other restrictions: Over 16′s only, and mid cap magazines only. NO HI-CAP winding mags. As Rionegro is subject to a UN backed arms embargo and no fly zone, players cannot bring aircraft, heavy weapons or armoured vehicles. Small arms and support weapons only. Bio-BBs are required and will be available on site.

Camping: Camping will be possible on site from Friday night, with toilets and showers.

What are the factions and Units:
The Domiguan-Patriota Alliance
  • Domiguan 2nd Airborne Infantry Brigade – 35 places.
  • Patriota Heavies – 35 places.

Republicanos
  • Presidential 25th Light Infantry – 35 places.
  • IVth International Brigade – 35 places.

Los Gringos
  • A unit whose details and objectives will remain secret until game day – 25 places.

Neighbouring country of Rionegro
  • Intelligence and Special Operations Agency – numbers secret.

Civilian LARP players
  • Villages from the Las Cureñas – 25 places.

One Faction Commander will also be needed for the Domiguan-Patriota Alliance and one for the Republicanos. These individuals will be responsible for overall command of their respective factions.

More Information:
More information, including detailed descriptions of factions and units, updated rules, how to apply for leadership roles, and how to pre-book is provided on the official website: http://www.troops-in-contact.com
sliabh is offline  
Advertisement
19-03-2013, 14:31   #2
422nd
Registered User
 
422nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 870
Will definitely be signing up for a LARP role this year so any information on the roles available, so as to start planning how best to play it, would be fantastic. Thanks Sliabh!
422nd is offline  
19-03-2013, 15:12   #3
sliabh
Registered User
 
sliabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: en route to Rionegro
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 422nd View Post
Will definitely be signing up for a LARP role this year so any information on the roles available, so as to start planning how best to play it, would be fantastic. Thanks Sliabh!
All the public information so far is on our website. You can click through to get details on the units on this page.
sliabh is offline  
Thanks from:
19-03-2013, 15:13   #4
CpcRc
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
Is there any way to play with patriotas without wearing a boonie? Stuck between both sides as I have friends on both teams, so have to decide.
CpcRc is offline  
19-03-2013, 15:17   #5
sliabh
Registered User
 
sliabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: en route to Rionegro
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpcRc View Post
Is there any way to play with patriotas without wearing a boonie? Stuck between both sides as I have friends on both teams, so have to decide.
We are strict on the head gear requirements as it is our way of distinguishing units that won't require people to buy all new camo, or wear a rainbow of different arm band colours.
sliabh is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-03-2013, 15:24   #6
CpcRc
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
Ok, I meant that not even baseball caps be allowed.

Also are ye running airsofter.ie?
I can't register on airsofter.ie because I'm in UL and the accommadation uses common IP addresses
for multiple users and a spammer already used the IP so I can't register.
CpcRc is offline  
19-03-2013, 15:35   #7
422nd
Registered User
 
422nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliabh View Post
All the public information so far is on our website. You can click through to get details on the units on this page.
Just thought there might be some less public info about the individual roles available, in regards to the story side of things. Are their less individual roles this year, compared to last years reporter and minister for finance etc.? Is it just the civilians for larp this time around?
422nd is offline  
19-03-2013, 16:56   #8
sliabh
Registered User
 
sliabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: en route to Rionegro
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpcRc View Post
Ok, I meant that not even baseball caps be allowed.
I am afraid not, as baseball caps will be for the civilians this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpcRc View Post
Also are ye running airsofter.ie?
I can't register on airsofter.ie because I'm in UL and the accommadation uses common IP addresses
for multiple users and a spammer already used the IP so I can't register.
Bring us the head of the spammer and we will unblock the IP

In the mean time I will talk to our tech support people. Can you PM me an IP address of yours?
sliabh is offline  
Thanks from:
19-03-2013, 16:58   #9
sliabh
Registered User
 
sliabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: en route to Rionegro
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 422nd View Post
Just thought there might be some less public info about the individual roles available, in regards to the story side of things. Are their less individual roles this year, compared to last years reporter and minister for finance etc.? Is it just the civilians for larp this time around?
We can have individual roles again this year. Most will be villagers, and we wanted to give all the LARP players a home with a dedicated EM.

As with last year, if you have a character idea, or would like suggestions get in contact with us and we can work something out. I would like to see "field" LARP roles again like the journalists.
sliabh is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-03-2013, 17:21   #10
422nd
Registered User
 
422nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliabh View Post
We can have individual roles again this year. Most will be villagers, and we wanted to give all the LARP players a home with a dedicated EM.

As with last year, if you have a character idea, or would like suggestions get in contact with us and we can work something out. I would like to see "field" LARP roles again like the journalists.
Yes, that sounds great. I was thinking more along the lines of "field" LARP alright. I will read over things again and see what I can come up with, but if you have any suggestions set out, I'd love to look over them. Perhaps a PM whenever/if you have time? Or would you prefer that I open up communications elsewhere? Thanks for the quick replies and I look forward to putting all my effort into making as much of a contribution to the event as I can.
422nd is offline  
19-03-2013, 18:47   #11
CpcRc
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliabh View Post
I am afraid not, as baseball caps will be for the civilians this year.
Ok, will have to take that into consideration when picking sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliabh View Post
Bring us the head of the spammer and we will unblock the IP .
In a village of over 400 people that can move in/out every 4-5 months, it'd be a bit of a task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliabh View Post
In the mean time I will talk to our tech support people. Can you PM me an IP address of yours?.
Just something to keep in mind for some people who live in apartment blocks and such.
I can register from another place on college or back home in Cork.
I wouldn't PM you the IP because they might shuffle a couple of addresses around so the one I have now could be different to earlier or later. So that's not guaranteed.
Cheers for offering to help.

Also, can we prebook now? Or do we have to wait?
CpcRc is offline  
19-03-2013, 19:58   #12
OzCam
Registered User
 
OzCam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BBstan
Posts: 1,916
Great news, looking forward to it.

But can we please, for the love of God, have some uniform rules this year?
OzCam is offline  
19-03-2013, 20:06   #13
r0n0c
Registered User
 
r0n0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Guided by the pinball map..
Posts: 448
TBH the headgear rules looked complicated on paper but worked out pretty well on the ground, for me anyway
r0n0c is offline  
(2) thanks from:
20-03-2013, 00:17   #14
sliabh
Registered User
 
sliabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: en route to Rionegro
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpcRc View Post
I wouldn't PM you the IP because they might shuffle a couple of addresses around so the one I have now could be different to earlier or later. So that's not guaranteed.
Cheers for offering to help.
the IPs should be allocated as part of a block, so if we have one we should be able to identify the range that is verbotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpcRc View Post
Also, can we prebook now? Or do we have to wait?
Prebooking will be from Thursday the 30th of May. In part as we want as many people as possible to hear the details of the event before we start taking bookings.
sliabh is offline  
Thanks from:
20-03-2013, 00:21   #15
sliabh
Registered User
 
sliabh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: en route to Rionegro
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzCam View Post
But can we please, for the love of God, have some uniform rules this year?
We are sticking with the headgear rule as it is well understood, it is low impact (worst case you have to buy a new hat for €10-15, rather than a whole set of camo for €60+), and it generally seems to work.

As well, with 4 factions this year (excluding the civvies) it would be a nightmare trying to manage different uniforms across them all.
sliabh is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search