Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

free bet on new site no cc details required!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

George99 wrote: »
    I did notice one dog result was late did you get points ?

On a different matter - I had a non runner on a horse race at meydan - basics - it seems you get switched to the sp fav - which is generous. It shows up in the pool results as a bubble icon.

George can you explain why you only registered this month, and how over 70% of your posts are in relation to this site? (including new threads in different forms)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

antodeco wrote: »
    George can you explain why you only registered this month, and how over 70% of your posts are in relation to this site? (including new threads in different forms)?
    Doesn't look suspicious tbh.

Found out about the site here on BA. Went to tell people on Gambling. Then went to look for a phone app. Then back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 George99

REALLY ??
    I've read the boards on + off for years but never bothered before.
    I stumbled on the OP and thought - its something different.
    At the end of the day a person walks away with the cash - not the gorilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I did notice one dog result was late did you get points ?

On a different matter - I had a non runner on a horse race at meydan - basics - it seems you get switched to the sp fav - which is generous. It shows up in the pool results as a bubble icon.

Yes, I ended up winning the 10£ and 5£ pools ... Got off to a rocky start :p .. The horses and dogs betting is the best... Soccer bets are awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

I entered the £10 soccer one friday night and won.I have £49 on it now but will use that up on something else.

• Advertisement

Anyone know whats up with the boxing day onion bag ?
    I'm topping the leaderboard, but the Arsenal game results is not shown on the site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Anyone know whats up with the boxing day onion bag ?
    I'm topping the leaderboard, but the Arsenal game results is not shown on the site ?

Arsenal game didn't go ahead

Called off over a tube strike

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Arsenal game didn't go ahead

Called off over a tube strike

Yes saw that - thanks. Bag paid out now.

They are still offering a bargain here in the New Year.
    Free £10 on the Villa game if you fancy a punt tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

am I doin something wrong? I tried betting on a soccer match but I wasn't even asked to choose a winner - I just had to bet on a load of weird things like what number the first substitute shirt would be and in which minute a corner will have been taken from all 4 corners of the pitchg etc....:confused: If that's what the site is (if thats what 'pools' are) about then I don't mind, but just wanna hear if I chose the wrong option or something..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

am I doin something wrong? I tried betting on a soccer match but I wasn't even asked to choose a winner - I just had to bet on a load of weird things like what number the first substitute shirt would be and in which minute a corner will have been taken from all 4 corners of the pitchg etc....:confused: If that's what the site is (if thats what 'pools' are) about then I don't mind, but just wanna hear if I chose the wrong option or something..

Nope thats how the soccer match ones work. They're very random tbh. The racing ones ask you to pick the winner of each race and the onion bag ones pick a selection of soccer matches and you have to pick the winner of each one etc.......

These are not my words but a nice story to share ........

"Long time boards lurker who decided to come out the woodwork to talk about this site.

I had never heard of it until I came across it here a few weeks ago, and like a few of you I had reservations about using it. My first game I played with the free £10 and ended up winning just under £160. Even when I won I still wasn't convinced, but contacted the customer service team (who are excellent by the way), and the money (£100) is withdrawn with no issues whatsoever. I now own a unicycle thanks to the free bet, but that's a different story.

I still use the site, waiting for my next big win. It's a lot of fun for those who like gambling but don't want to risk too much on a game that you'd otherwise have no interest in. Whenever the girlfriend is out and there's a game on the TV, I'll stick a few euro (or pound in this case) on the match, and it just gives something different to keep you interested in the game.

I hope it continues to pick up momentum and the prize pools get bigger, but the moral of the story is that this site can turn nothing into a unicycle (or if you'd prefer, something else worth a fair bit of money).

Sorry if it seemed like I was to promote, it's just rare that you come across a deal that actually pays off. Definitely worth a try. Next step, is to learn how to unicycle."

Originally posted by linvoysblues

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Thanks George, glad someone saw that! That was my first post and got taken down, reading it back, I'm not surprised it does look a little suspicious. I stick by it though. Fun times!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

No thats right. Its pools so has to have a couple of outcomes. If you pick an "onion bag" you will pick results of certain matches as you mentioned.

I joined the site with the free bet and have now withdrawn £160 and have £63 in my account currently.

Only problem I have is how they pick second third and fourth in the individual football football match pools but still picking up a few quid so what harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Any one else get an email asking where you heard about the site as they have not done any major advertising yet?
    Im enjoying it anyway Ive only been playing the £2 pools but I'm doing well, I dont have a passport at the moment or drivers license at all so I'd imagine I cant withdraw yet.

kevovek wrote: »
    Any one else get an email asking where you heard about the site as they have not done any major advertising yet?
    Im enjoying it anyway Ive only been playing the £2 pools but I'm doing well, I dont have a passport at the moment or drivers license at all so I'd imagine I cant withdraw yet.

I got the same one kev, I told them I heard about them here, but after I signed up I also noticed they have an ad on Facebook as well. I e-mailed the guy to tell him, very friendly guy, very helpful. The customer service had a nice personal touch, unlike the generic copy and pasted replies I usually get when I e-mail other bookies.

I'm guessing they're starting to branch out into heavier advertising now, I picked up a copy of the Irish Racing Post today and low and behold a Poolpit flyer dropped out of it, advertising todays 6 nations and tomorrows SuperBowl.

Good to see they're getting some good exposure, I feel it's a hidden gem of a site and have a feeling they'll do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

The numbers seem to be small playing this i thought it would be after getting a lot more interest by now some of the pots are fairly small.

iv only played a few times but i'm after getting to nearly 60 quid now from my free 10 they gave out.

tis a pity more people don't play it then the pots would be bigger.

gustafo wrote: »
    The numbers seem to be small playing this i thought it would be after getting a lot more interest by now some of the pots are fairly small.

iv only played a few times but i'm after getting to nearly 60 quid now from my free 10 they gave out.

tis a pity more people don't play it then the pots would be bigger.

I know the feeling, still playing with my free tenner myself, got up to over £200 last week, didn't think they'd let me withdraw, but I did and it worked out fine, took out £150 and playing again with my £50.

I know what you mean about the numbers, it seems to be slowly rising. The weekends it is getting quite big. Today's Onion Bag is nearly £500 (http://bit.ly/VPpB02), wouldn't mind winning that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Don't intend to be a killjoy but this thread bothers me enough to speak up.

First, I don't believe the OP intended this but the subject line is misleading "no cc details required". CC details are clearly required to withdraw any money and I can't see how it is a bargain unless you are withdrawing money.

Personally, I don't see gambling as a bargain alert (& the OP mentioned this in fairness) under any circumstances. People are free to do what they want with their money but I don't think that gambling historically is a way for the punter to "save" money.

There are other sites that offer free bets (where cc are also required)
    I got another email from them (I never replied) basically saying that they've seen my posts on boards and they don't need my credit card details (slightly concerning that they're watching what I do!). Anyway, if others have stated its all ok, then I'll side on the side of experience of them and let it through.

They're watching this thread but don't have the courtesy to step in and say so publicly. Yet we have at least two new boardsies singing their praises on multiple threads across the site.

I'm NOT saying that this site is a scam .... BUT the amount of personal data required to withdraw money would not be provided by anyone to any other new website without serious suspicion. That someone on this thread has already said "it is definitely not a scam" because this is normal for betting sites is a little naive. Wouldn't that be a good reason to use this as a vehicle for a scam?

Anyhow my two cents, the promise of free money from gambling can blind many people to things they would otherwise seem unacceptable.

I think the OP posted the bargain for what it was but the ongoing discussion is more than a little suspicious.

If this thread does stay open, this would be a good time for our watchers from poolpit to speak up

• Advertisement

I feel as if you're referring to me as one of the new posters GG.

If it's any consolation, I agree with you. This thread does not belong in the Bargain Alerts section. I stumbled upon it in the Gambling section which linked me to here. I don't believe any gambling venture should be in the 'bargain section', as these aren't bargains, they are promotions. However, it has been here for a while and not moved so this is where the conversation has developed.

The discussion does seem to have dragged out, and even though it's relevant to the thread, it is not relevant to where it is placed.

As far as I'm aware, every site looking for publicity has their eyes everywhere (especially the newer ones), and as a previous winner with them, they have asked me to 'tell my friends', 'spread the word' etc. But I'm not doing it because they asked me to, I'm doing it because it is a fun site that hasn't got the exposure, and the more people the play, the better the prizes will be.

As far as considering it a scam, I suppose you have a point that it would be a good way to go about it. However, I am very careful about giving ANYBODY my credit card details, so before I withdrew any money I double checked that their gambling license was official. It was, and I know that these sometimes take years to obtain what with so much paperwork and procedures. I also verified with Realex, their payment security provider and they have quashed any doubts about their legitimacy.

Since this thread was started, I have seen high costing advertisements in numerous places, including leaflets inside the Racing Post, so there is no doubt that they're the real deal.

However, I have been quite an advocate of them however, so any negative reaction to them reflects badly for me, hence my defending them. With that in mind (assuming they don't have eyes on the board anymore), I have e-mailed them alerting them to GG's concerns, perhaps they will come along and 'speak up'.

In the meantime, I think it's of everyone's best interest that this thread is moved to a more relevant area.

GG66 wrote: »
    Don't intend to be a killjoy but this thread bothers me enough to speak up.

I'm NOT saying that this site is a scam .... BUT the amount of personal data required to withdraw money would not be provided by anyone to any other new website without serious suspicion. That someone on this thread has already said "it is definitely not a scam" because this is normal for betting sites is a little naive. Wouldn't that be a good reason to use this as a vehicle for a scam?

Anyhow my two cents, the promise of free money from gambling can blind many people to things they would otherwise seem unacceptable.

I think the OP posted the bargain for what it was but the ongoing discussion is more than a little suspicious.

I started the initial thread and I can confirm it is not a scam...I played with my free tenner and won a few quid, I did have to submit credit card details (and deposit) in order for me to withdraw but i was able to do so without problem. I actually haven't visited the site recently (not betting at the moment) but I found it to be a nice lower stress way to pass an afternoon watching racing or evening/evenings watching football than using a conventional online bookmaker or exchange.

I do stand by its status as a bargain alert because nearly all online gaming sites that offer free bets only do so when you deposit the same amount initially. Poolpit gave people the tenner to play with and if you lost, you lost and never had to visit the site again, but you did have the chance to win a few quid for no initial outlay. Yes if you won you did have to provide cc details and verify the same details to withdraw but i don't think that was unreasonable. I think the title of the thread could have been a little clearer but the point i was making that you were getting the tenner to bet without having to make an initial deposit like most other operators would require.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

signed up but can't make head nor tail of it. trying to please the Spurs game...but can't get past select your winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    signed up but can't make head nor tail of it. trying to please the Spurs game...but can't get past select your winner?

Ditto, looks like you have to pick one of selection for each part of the pool. Bit over-complicated imo...

Ditto, looks like you have to pick one of selection for each part of the pool. Bit over-complicated imo...

not a big fan of the individual soccer match pools, try the onion bag (pick few results over few days) or horse racing pools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

so far i've withdrawn £70 from this and not lodged anything! balance up to £18 now after the weekend....not much of a clue what i'm at, i was just trying to get rid of original tenner as you can't withdraw it but i seem to keep winnign! thanks op!

Advertisement