Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-07-2012, 22:17   #1
robin3

Carpet Underlay? advice

I'm putting down carpet in an upstairs room, bought the carpet a few years ago but only now getting round to doing the room. Its a fairly basic carpet(not an expensive one) with felt backing, wondering about underlay, it'll be going down onto floor boards.
Is there a particular type of underlay that would have a good sound insulation value, or i was half thinking of using some foam underlay that we used under laminate flooring, just to put something down. Opinions?
Advertisement
31-07-2012, 23:17   #2
paddy147
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3 View Post
I'm putting down carpet in an upstairs room, bought the carpet a few years ago but only now getting round to doing the room. Its a fairly basic carpet(not an expensive one) with felt backing, wondering about underlay, it'll be going down onto floor boards.
Is there a particular type of underlay that would have a good sound insulation value, or i was half thinking of using some foam underlay that we used under laminate flooring, just to put something down. Opinions?
10mm carpet underlay can be bought in a roll from any carpet suppliers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion