Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2012, 22:11   #106
Fiskar

18" case seems to be rare, picked up the last unit in Tesco Navan yesterday evening so now fully kitted out. The wash bag is a handy accessory as well.
Anyone know how this deal is going for Tesco seeing as they extended it till September
Advertisement
20-07-2012, 10:28   #107
wmpdd3

The cases are selling at about 3 pallets a day. The rucksak is the most popular, its usually sold out before the next delivery. Met a few mums buying the rucksac as a school bag!
Thanks from:
20-07-2012, 11:10   #108
Dav
Boards.ie Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowtchaboy View Post
Looks like you should really be getting some endorsement fees from Tesco! (even if they are they are being a little less than honest, since what you were talking about is not quite the same):

<image>

(ad in Sunday Times 8/7/2012)
Hello all,

scudzilla brought this to my attention and I'm really not happy about it at all - it looks like Boards.ie is endorsing this product and that is both misleading and flat out immoral. Boards.ie is a platform and is independent of these sorts of things and has no opinion either way. It's nice to get the bit of free publicity in a paper like the Sunday Times, but they could at least have had the good graces to say that it was one of our members that said it and not us.

We'll be getting in touch with them about it today.
(8) thanks from:
20-07-2012, 12:51   #109
Stinicker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
Hello all,

scudzilla brought this to my attention and I'm really not happy about it at all - it looks like Boards.ie is endorsing this product and that is both misleading and flat out immoral. Boards.ie is a platform and is independent of these sorts of things and has no opinion either way. It's nice to get the bit of free publicity in a paper like the Sunday Times, but they could at least have had the good graces to say that it was one of our members that said it and not us.

Demand a free set of cases for everyone in the audience!
(3) thanks from:
20-07-2012, 13:44   #110
ejmaztec

Quote:
Hello all,

Tesco certainly has a case to answer.
Advertisement
20-07-2012, 13:47   #111
km79

Has anyone used the 18" on a Ryan air flight yet ?
20-07-2012, 21:32   #112
scudzilla

Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks Dav

I'm pretty distressed about this whole thing, how a huge and reputable company such as Tesco can print a comment i made (without permission) and attribute it to BOARDS.IE as a whole.

I do most of my shopping in Tesco and this has really put me off.

Hoping something comes from this, keep us informed
20-07-2012, 23:26   #113
Stinicker
Banned

Went in to purchase one of these this evening and was disappointed with the size of the 24" case, it is just simply too small for long haul I think. Fine for a week in the canaries etc. but too small for a jaunt to South East Asia or Australia etc. The cases are to me very good quality but as I tend to travel long haul more frequently not what I was looking for. The cabin baggage is nice for Ryanair but I tend to avoid that excuse for an airline anyway.

There was no tokens in the Tesco Magazine either unless it was in last weeks edition.
21-07-2012, 12:27   #114
dowtchaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by km79 View Post
Yeah - but I promised her I wouldn't talk about it....
Advertisement
21-07-2012, 13:33   #115
LaVail

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowtchaboy View Post
Yeah - but I promised her I wouldn't talk about it....
LAWL
21-07-2012, 19:19   #116
Boskowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris85 View Post
Hows the backpack? I am gonna head up tomorrow and grab either the messenger bag or the backpack. For cycling I need the backpack to allow some air flow on my back.
Got the backpack the other day for carrying the laptop and stuff into work on my motorbike.
I must say while it's certainly a smaller and less featuresque version of the ones for €60 and €70 and the stated RRP of €50 seems rather optimistic it's a great rucksack for €15 and it sits and feels nice while riding around.
Good quality with really good zips and overall it looks like a well made rucksack. No cheapy feel about it at all, quite the opposite, but I can't comment on how they compare to the more expensive Wenger products. For me it's a keeper. Will get either the holdall or one of the trolley bags too, really like them for the money.
(2) thanks from:
23-07-2012, 16:58   #117
Dinky22

Has anybody used the 18" Suitcase trolley on a Ryanair flight as "cabin size" stated by Tesco?. Wenger at Tesco is 40cm x 34cm x 22cm. Ryanair say on their website "cabin baggage size" 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Pity the depth is 22cm. Its very difficult to get 20cm depth. Is it best to buy the Ryanair bag? Wonder what quality it is?
23-07-2012, 20:00   #118
eringobragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky22 View Post
Has anybody used the 18" Suitcase trolley on a Ryanair flight as "cabin size" stated by Tesco?. Wenger at Tesco is 40cm x 34cm x 22cm. Ryanair say on their website "cabin baggage size" 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Pity the depth is 22cm. Its very difficult to get 20cm depth. Is it best to buy the Ryanair bag? Wonder what quality it is?
Picked this up today http://www.tesco.com/direct/wenger-1...172.prd...very good quality...I wouldn't worry about the 2cm theres a pocket on the front so leave that empty and you should be fine..
24-07-2012, 07:56   #119
hallelujajordan

Send a message via Yahoo to hallelujajordan
Quote:
Yes . . and it was fine . . Although it is a little bigger than the Ryanair dimensions, it is soft and flexible enough so that you can still fit in the measuring thingy !
(2) thanks from:
25-07-2012, 16:55   #120
Dinky22

Thanks eringobragh and hallelujajordan for your replies. Heading in now to buy one

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion