Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-06-2012, 20:40   #1
mel.b

Red Bull Cliff diving Aran Islands Aug 4

Just saw this advertised on tv and think it would be fantastic to watch. I can't see any info about tickets - is it free to do and see? Also then was thinking - how much would you actually see? Would they have big tv screens set up or something otherwise I presume you would only see them jumping off the edge and nothing else Or are there good viewing spots nearby?
Advertisement
18-06-2012, 16:34   #2
Dr Pepper

Hi mel.b,

I'm afraid I don't have any answers regarding tickets. Anybody know if you can just buy tickets somewhere? It doesn't look like it from their website. It looks like the only way to get a ticket is to 'win' one playing a stupid online game via Facebook. You can play once for free but after that you have to enter a code you get from a 4-pack of Red Bull... In other words, social media advertising bullsh1t! I'd rather just buy a ticket and go see the damn thing but this nonsense puts me off going at all to be honest.

Disappointing...
[/rant]

Cheers,
Brian
(4) thanks from:
19-06-2012, 16:42   #3
Laman

I saw the ad on tv last night also and as for trying to get accomdation on Inishmore that weekend it seems pretty booked up!!! Any luck in finding out anything about tickets??
19-06-2012, 17:47   #4
mel.b

No, haven't been able to find anything other than what Dr Pepper posted above
24-06-2012, 23:47   #5
conf101

Just saw an ad for this on TV. Looks deadly. Would love to go. Anyone found any more details?
Advertisement
25-06-2012, 01:40   #6
kerry4sam

I'm not sure if their is another way to view this Cliff-Diving aside from the details given where it says
Quote:
The only way to get to the event is to take this online challenge
Quote:
CLICK HERE TO BE PART OF THE ACTION.
25-06-2012, 11:58   #7
Atomicjuicer
Closed Account

That link seems to require Facebook?

Nice for those of us who don't want that invasion...
(2) thanks from:
27-06-2012, 16:18   #8
clowe

Hey,

You can only win ickets to this event as Red Bull are only to accomodate 700 spectators on Inis Mor.

There are weekend packages for Irish residents and 8 Weekend Packages for Northern Irish residents.
To win tickets go onto Red Bull Cliff Diving to the online challenge which is available online. The Challenge can be found in two separate locations: www.redbullcliffdiving.com/inismor and www.centra.ie

The “Event Day Package” consists of:
Two tickets to the Event to be held on 4 August 2012 together with ferry transfers from Galway to Inis Mór in the Aran Islands (modes of transport and times of travel shall be entirely at the discretion of the Promoter).
The “Weekend Package” consists of:
Accommodation for two nights for two people on a bed and breakfast basis at a Galway hotel chosen by the Promoter; and
Two tickets to the Event to be held on 4 August 2012 providing for priority viewing of the Event, after Event BBQ together with bus and ferry transfers from Galway to Inis Mór in the Aran Islands.
To enter the draw to win a Weekend Package participants must purchase a special Red Bull Cliff Diving Challenge promotional 4-pack of Red Bull. Participants must then log on to www.redbullcliffdiving.com/inismor, enter the code provided on the special promotional pack and successfully beat the computer in the online Red Bull Cliff Diving challenge. If successful in this challenge, participants will be entered in to the draw to win one of the Weekend Packages. Participants who share the Red Bull Cliff Diving Challenge with 3 friends via the Facebook platform (www.facebook.com) will receive one additional entry to the Weekend Package prize draw, provided that the 3 friends play the online challenge.
27-06-2012, 16:21   #9
clowe

You only need a facebook account for day passes. To win a weekend pass go into any participating Centra store and when you buy a four pack of Red Bull you will receive a leaflet with a promotional code on it. Then before doing the online challenge enter your promotional code-no facebook account necessary!!

Should be an amazing event!
Advertisement
01-07-2012, 15:36   #10
dmc17

Shame that day passes are reserved for facebook users It should be open to the general public and cliff diving fans more so than facebook fans
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2012, 09:15   #11
bobbyg

What do you share the game or the event?? I cannot see anywhere to share the game on facebook!
02-07-2012, 09:20   #12
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc17 View Post
Shame that day passes are reserved for facebook users It should be open to the general public and cliff diving fans more so than facebook fans
good jaysus, just join it get the tickets and then leave when your finished.

Is this the last great stand against facebook et al ?

ridiculous, im sure youve done worse things than sign up to a social network fro tickets.
Thanks from:
02-07-2012, 09:36   #13
dmc17

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
good jaysus, just join it get the tickets and then leave when your finished.

Is this the last great stand against facebook et al ?

ridiculous, im sure youve done worse things than sign up to a social network fro tickets.
Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass this time. You're not guaranteed to get tickets by joining. And maybe I am signed up to a social network, just might not be Facebook
17-07-2012, 16:15   #14
Flynn

Does anyone know if it would be worth going out without tickets (the draw is now closed) and would you be able to view from afar, from cliffs or something? Soak up the atmosphere afterwards? Or would it be sectioned off...
19-07-2012, 14:57   #15
alwayssideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Does anyone know if it would be worth going out without tickets (the draw is now closed) and would you be able to view from afar, from cliffs or something? Soak up the atmosphere afterwards? Or would it be sectioned off...
Would also like to know the answer to this question as the winners of the tickets were announced at the start of the week, and I didn't win

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion