Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-05-2012, 13:22   #2176
event

I think this seems to be a bit of a hoax. who is this guy?

Phil Hay says that no one at Leeds or forest seem to know who he is.
and im always worried about Arabs being involved in takeovers tbh, don't really seem to work out much. id rather a company we can actually find info about.
There is gonna be an awful amount of bluster and misinformation, im gonna wait until its done before getting hopes up
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 13:23   #2177
Lamper.sffc

Can yous just stop it. As a Leeds united fan im not suppose to hope and as soon as I do, I know that hope will be ripped from me in the most cruelest of manners. I think I will reserve the right to stick my fingers in my ear and sing la lala lala until something concrete comes out.
30-05-2012, 13:40   #2178
JokerD

Well the Kuwait guy story I would dismiss myself, some are saying how can you dismiss it if the translation of his interview is true?

It's could be Forest, Phil Hay said that it was news to Forest also though.

So much speculation, but I don't believe the Kuwait story for a second, just posting up how the rumour came about.
30-05-2012, 13:43   #2179
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by event View Post
I think this seems to be a bit of a hoax. who is this guy?

Phil Hay says that no one at Leeds or forest seem to know who he is.
and im always worried about Arabs being involved in takeovers tbh, don't really seem to work out much. id rather a company we can actually find info about.
There is gonna be an awful amount of bluster and misinformation, im gonna wait until its done before getting hopes up

Fawaz Al-Hawasi (ex-President of Qadsia FC in Kuwait).
30-05-2012, 15:37   #2180
JokerD

Just to add more fuel to the fire
https://twitter.com/#!/Fahad_Alibrahim

This guy is Head Of Sports News - Watan TV - Kuwait......and he seems to think it's Leeds
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 22:04   #2181
JokerD

Here's the claimed translation from that interview. Seemingly Forest might be the team getting taken over from this guy.

Claimed translation:
@Eng_Janfawi
After a minutes I'll tweet a video for Fawaz alhasawi talk about his new team ! And I'll tweet the translation for him #lufc #NFFC
1- alhasawi : I try to buy a club from lower division (not PL) and I want to take 52% from this club to put my control on it .. #lufc #NFFC
2- alhasawi : .. But when we want to sign the contract they told me only 30% and I refused .. #lufc #NFFC
3- alhasawi : but now I take over a team with 100% not even 52 and the team has a really good history .. #lufc #NFFC
4- They ask him about Watford or QPR he answerd : the team is way better .. A good history team .. END #lufc #NFFC
30-05-2012, 22:14   #2182
JokerD

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/2012/05/...-british-club/

KUWAIT: Kuwaiti businessman Fawaz Al-Hasawi, who resigned as chairman of Al-Qadsiya Sports Club this week, was yesterday linked to the purchase of Leeds United, one of England’s largest football clubs, and Nottingham Forest. Jamal Mubarak, Football Manager of Qadsiya Sports Club, confirmed to Kuwait Times yesterday that Hasawi will buy a British football club, but he refused to reveal its name, saying the information is still confidential.
“We can’t reveal the name of the British club, as Fawaz Al-Hasawi signed an agreement to keep this information secret. But he will announce the name by next week,” Mubarak said, claiming that the contract will be realized 80 percent. According to him, Hasawi is now reviewing the obligations and other matters related to the club. After completing the review, the contract will be signed and announced, he said. “Of course anything may happen or come in the way of completing the deal. However, most probably it’s definitive,” Mubarak said.
News reports quoted Hasawi yesterday as saying that a deal for “a second tier English club was indeed imminent”. According to report in an online newspaper, Hasawi’s negotiations will be about choosing a coach first, and that Hasawi was eyeing a former coach of Queens Park Rangers. According to news reports, Hasawi bought 100 percent of the shares of the club and is waiting for the final signing of the purchase contract. News reports also said that Hasawi will work on brining in Kuwait players to improve their skills. “If I buy the club, I will support the movement of any Kuwaiti football player to this British club,” he was quoted as saying.
30-05-2012, 22:14   #2183
punk77

Jeez,the way things are with Leeds now we'll probably get a new owner on loan.
Thanks from:
30-05-2012, 22:47   #2184
Trhiggy83

Twitter is unreal for rumours, all it needs is one person to tweet rubbish, then everyone else will retweet it in the hope that its true. I dont believe a word of this but the hype is so much, that the club need to deny it as soon as possible
Advertisement
31-05-2012, 11:04   #2185
Trhiggy83

Billy Paynters wife's been sleeping with Championship goalkeepers. When questioned he said "I wouldn't put anything past those bastards
Thanks from:
31-05-2012, 17:55   #2186
NuckChorris1

If the Kuwaiti guy was refused the full sale of one club and then got 100% of the other then we are definitely the club only offering him the limited interest. Bates would want him to invest all his dough whilst Bates keeps a nice % to get the benefit of it all. No way a rich sugardaddy is coming to buy us. Feck the rumour mill for getting me all excited for a while tho.

This post has to jinx us into actually getting the rich sheik!!
31-05-2012, 23:19   #2187
JokerD

With all the takeover talk, the transfers situation hasn't been talked about much, chances are there could be an embargo until everything is finalised.

Either way, we've been strongly linked to Lee Peltier and I'll be shocked if Paddy Kenny doesn't sign.
02-06-2012, 23:27   #2188
SarahBM

is there any truth coming out of the club these days????

I have no idea whats going on!
(3) thanks from:
02-06-2012, 23:59   #2189
stryker mcqueen

I fear that Paul lamberts first duty at villa will be to sign Robert snodgrass
03-06-2012, 00:19   #2190
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker mcqueen View Post
I fear that Paul lamberts first duty at villa will be to sign Robert snodgrass
You think Snoddy's delaying of his decision has anything to do with the potential takeover? He said himself if Leeds show ambition then it's an easy decision to stay.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion