Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2012, 02:10   #1
Aoibheann

Send a message via MSN to Aoibheann
***2012/2013 Online Grant Application Opens Monday 12th June***

All new grant applications will go by the regulations here.

Quote:
New Grant Applications for 2012-13
A new ONLINE ONLY grant applications system is being introduced for 2012. All new applications will be made online to a single awarding authority, Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) through www.studentfinance.ie.

When can I make my grant application?

The details of the 2012 Student Grant Scheme are due to be announced in May and the SUSI online application system will be available from that date. You can continue to check www.studentfinance.ie for information and updates in the meantime.

How do I make my grant application?

As soon as the online application system opens for the 2012/13 academic year, you will be able to register online with SUSI and then complete the online application form. The online application facility will be available through www.studentfinance.ie. Remember, it will NOT be necessary to have received an offer of a college place or to be enrolled in college in order to apply online.

How will I submit my supporting documentation?

Following initial assessment of your application, if eligible, you will receive by post a provisional grant approval and a personalised list of the supporting documents you will need to return to complete your application. Completed documentary evidence packs (photocopies of the documents, not originals) should be returned as soon as possible in the envelope provided to you.

When you return all the necessary supporting documents SUSI will process your application to award stage, subject to confirmation of your acceptance on an approved course.

When will I receive a final decision from SUSI?

When you confirm acceptance of a place on an approved course (usually late August/early September), your grant is awarded and payment will be made on a monthly basis (subject to confirmation of attendance) directly into your designated Irish bank account.

Where can I contact SUSI?

As part of SUSI’s support to students, there is a SUSI Support desk available in the lead up to and following the launch of the online application system for both email and telephone queries. You can email the SUSI Support Desk at support@susi.cdvec.ie

Or telephone us at 0761 08 7874

The Support Desk is available Office Hours Monday-Friday until the Launch of the Online Application System in May. From the launch date, the SUSI Support Desk will be available from 9.00am-10.00pm (Monday-Friday) and 9.00am-6.00pm (Saturdays)

What if I’m already in receipt of a grant?

Students who are currently in receipt of a student grant and who are progressing to the next year of the same course will continue to be assessed and paid by the existing awarding authorities - i.e. the relevant local authority or Vocational Educational Committee. If you are changing your course or progressing to a new course you will need to apply to SUSI.
If renewing for the upcoming academic year, you *should* get a renewal form in the post from your local CC/VEC.

Last edited by Aoibheann; 31-05-2012 at 23:44.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-05-2012, 15:22   #2
Avox

I'm fairly confused by this.. is the form available online or not? All I can find are all the regulations.
26-05-2012, 18:58   #3
Aoibheann

Send a message via MSN to Aoibheann
As far as I can see, it's not available yet but should be in the next few days. Any new applicants will have to register through this new SUSI system once it's up (and you're advised to keep an eye on the Student Finance website for that), anyone who is merely renewing will get a form from their CC/VEC and return it to them as usual.
Thanks from:
29-05-2012, 18:34   #5
longhalloween

Does anyone know what conditions must be met to be awarded a grant?
Advertisement
29-05-2012, 19:00   #6
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhalloween View Post
Does anyone know what conditions must be met to be awarded a grant?
See Citizensinformation.ie for more information

Details of conditions can be found here

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...l_courses.html
31-05-2012, 12:14   #7
Shifty

New Student Grant Applications 2012/13 opens Monday June 11th 2012

A new ONLINE ONLY grant applications system is being introduced for 2012. All new applications will be made online to a single awarding authority, Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) through www.studentfinance.ie.

When can I make my grant application?

The Online application system for Student Grants for 2012-2013 academic year will be available from the evening of Monday 11th June 2012.

Please apply for your grant early; you do not need to know the exact course you will be attending in order to make an application.

How do I make my grant application?

As soon as the online application system opens for the 2012-13 academic year, you will be able to register online with SUSI and then complete the online application form. The online application facility will be available through www.studentfinance.ie. Remember, it will NOT be necessary to have received an offer of a college place or to be enrolled in college in order to apply online.

How will I submit my supporting documentation?

Following initial assessment of your application, if eligible, you will receive by post a provisional grant approval and a personalised list of the supporting documents you will need to return to complete your application. Completed documentary evidence packs (photocopies of the documents, not originals) should be returned as soon as possible in the envelope provided to you.

When you return all the necessary supporting documents SUSI will process your application to award stage, subject to confirmation of your acceptance on an approved course.

When will I receive a final decision from SUSI?

When you confirm acceptance of a place on an approved course (usually late August/early September), your grant is awarded and payment will be made on a monthly basis (subject to confirmation of attendance) directly into your designated Irish bank account.

Where can I contact SUSI?

As part of SUSI’s support to students, there is a SUSI Support desk available in the lead up to and following the launch of the online application system for both email and telephone queries. You can email the SUSI Support Desk at support@susi.cdvec.ie

Or telephone us at 0761 08 7874

The Support Desk is available Office Hours Monday-Friday until the Launch of the Online Application System in May. From the launch date, the SUSI Support Desk will be available from 9.00am-10.00pm (Monday-Friday) and 9.00am-6.00pm (Saturdays)

What if I’m already in receipt of a grant?

Students who are currently in receipt of a student grant and who are progressing to the next year of the same course will continue to be assessed and paid by the existing awarding authorities - i.e. the relevant local authority or Vocational Educational Committee. If you are changing your course or progressing to a new course you will need to apply to SUSI.

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9540/...-13/index.html
01-06-2012, 20:27   #8
augusta24

Just wondering, is it still being decided by local county councils or is it one big department deciding?
08-06-2012, 13:07   #9
Pigwidgeon

I'm confused by this, I previously received a grant for a different course, I'm not going into second year of a new course so I'm eligible for the grant again. As I'm not technically a new student/have received the grant in the past where do I apply, the VEC or through the new system?
Advertisement
08-06-2012, 15:15   #10
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
if you are changing your course or progressing to a new course you will need to apply to SUSI.

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9540/...-13/index.html
@ pigwidgeon - this paragraph above suggests to me you go through SUSI
Thanks from:
11-06-2012, 18:28   #11
Paully D

Any update on this? The site is still saying:

Quote:
The Online application system for Student Grants for 2012-2013 academic year will be available from the evening of Monday 11th June 2012.
11-06-2012, 18:31   #12
longhalloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully D View Post
Any update on this?
The site is going really slow this evening so I'd say the traffic is enormous.
Thanks from:
11-06-2012, 19:15   #13
witchity2

Anyone managed to register yet?
11-06-2012, 19:35   #14
Joeytheparrot

A lot of important explanatory documents at

http://ym.adnet.ie/mp9519/further-downloads/index.html

Last edited by Joeytheparrot; 12-06-2012 at 00:21.
12-06-2012, 09:26   #15
dilallio

I was trying to help my step daughter complete an online application last night. The form asks for country of birth and nationality.

She was born in the Czech Republic, but the form lists Czechoslovakian as a nationality, and not Czech or Slovakian. Czechoslovakian nationality ceased to exist in 1993.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion