Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

12-12-2011, 15:35   #1111
tipp_Gunner

Does anyone agree with me when i say that Nidge seizing the opportunity to take control of the gang is akin to John Gilligan's rise in stock when the General was shot?
The wife who loves the lavish life that Nidge is providing her no matter what cost which is also akin to Gilligans wife and other gangland wives
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-12-2011, 15:59   #1112
Ash.J.Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipp_Gunner View Post
Does anyone agree with me when i say that Nidge seizing the opportunity to take control of the gang is akin to John Gilligan's rise in stock when the General was shot?
The wife who loves the lavish life that Nidge is providing her no matter what cost which is also akin to Gilligans wife and other gangland wives
I thought that of john boy moreso, that was one complaint i had about last night, all the heat they were attracting after jb's funeral, and the head man (nidge) is still doing manual work (shooting luke). they would have surely been followed...I doubt gilligan made many trips to wicklow with guns and shovels when the heat was on him.
12-12-2011, 20:22   #1113
pyramuid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.J.Williams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipp_Gunner View Post
I thought that of john boy moreso, that was one complaint i had about last night, all the heat they were attracting after jb's funeral, and the head man (nidge) is still doing manual work (shooting luke). they would have surely been followed...I doubt gilligan made many trips to wicklow with guns and shovels when the heat was on him.
Just watching the part with the disappearing tache. The tache seems to be getting more prominent throughout. The scene is the Darren of old coming out and his sister pushing it out slowly. She knows what he can do and wants him to sort it out for her. Luke's execution was done in some style. When Nidge was going to shoot Darren as well was really intense. Like when John Boy was contemplating bottling his solicitor. Great scene.
12-12-2011, 20:28   #1114
Swampy

Anyone know where I can watch season 2? Managed to download season 1 but never recorded season 2.
12-12-2011, 21:11   #1115
Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Anyone know where I can watch season 2? Managed to download season 1 but never recorded season 2.
careful now...^^

In relation to Darren, I dont think he's actually that bad...his character just seems a little tormented, and not really supposed to be the typical hardman like the rest of them.

Seems that he's just been dragged deeper and deeper, but all he wants to do is be out of the scene but cant seem to catch a break...Spoiler: even when Luke was gettin popped, he was very uncomfortable as it was happening...
Advertisement
12-12-2011, 22:04   #1116
salonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramuid man View Post
Just watching the part with the disappearing tache. The tache seems to be getting more prominent throughout. The scene is the Darren of old coming out and his sister pushing it out slowly. She knows what he can do and wants him to sort it out for her. Luke's execution was done in some style. When Nidge was going to shoot Darren as well was really intense. Like when John Boy was contemplating bottling his solicitor. Great scene.
Why was Nidge contemplating doing away with Darren?
What has Darren got over Nidge that no-else has?
12-12-2011, 22:12   #1117
Dempsey

The problem with the character Darren is that Robert Sheehan isnt a good enough actor to nail it. Everything he does just seems 'off'.
12-12-2011, 22:13   #1118
CR 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonfire View Post
Why was Nidge contemplating doing away with Darren?
What has Darren got over Nidge that no-else has?
He's the only one left that knows who got John Boy killed. But since it was him that actually did it, he'll stay quiet.
12-12-2011, 22:43   #1119
JP Liz V1

So who told Roise that Darren killed Stumpy? Her mam maybe but would she have known Roise seem to imply she knew everytime she was nagging Darren asking for the truth

I'd say if Darren has said anything Nidge didnt like when he was digging the grave Nidge would have killed him too, Darren did right by keeping quiet
Advertisement
12-12-2011, 22:45   #1120
silvine

Good finale and probably the best RTE drama in years.

I really liked the murder scene but last week's felt more dramatic. The Darren character is far from threatening and I was itching for his GF to get off the screen. They'll need new blood for the next season if they're going to keep things moving forward; I am not sure Nidge, as great as he is, is enough for the show.

Will there be a next season? More than likely.

Quote:

SECOND SERIES OF LOVE/HATE GENERATES CRITICAL ACCLAIM

AND PROVES TO BE A RATINGS WINNER.

The final episode of hit series LOVE/HATE attracted an average audience of *616,000 viewers last night and reach figure of **955,000.

The series average for the second series was 530,000 viewers with a 31% share, a rise of 76,000 viewers and 3.5% share from the first four-part series which aired in October of last year. The most watched episode was episode five which featured the shock killing of gangland boss John Boy played by Aidan Gillen. That episode was watched by an average audience of 659,000 with a 41% audience share. The series also attracted an average 160,000 viewers to date in its repeat airing on Saturday nights and also performed well on the RTÉ Player having been streamed 257,000 times to date.

The series has not only proved to be a ratings hit but has also attracted strong critical acclaim and overwhelmingly positive feedback online on both facebook and twitter. The box-set of series one has already proved to so popular that it has had to be reprinted and demand for series two is expected to be strong in the Christmas market. The second series is available for sale in retail outlets across the country from today.

In addition to DVD sales, RTÉ hopes that the series will prove to be of interest to a range of international broadcasters who may be interested in purchasing LOVE/HATE as a ten part series. Series one has already aired on Scottish TV (STV) and is currently being screened by Foxtel in Australia.

In an exceptionally competitive autumn schedule the producers of Love/Hate have delivered a spectacular series to RTÉ ONE viewers. RTÉ Television Drama’s digital strategy in partnership with the producers has ensured increased opportunities to see the series for viewers across all of RTÉ’s platforms and beyond.

RTÉ Drama is committed to bringing viewers the work of new and established writers, directors, producers and actors and Love/Hate demonstrates the depth of talent available in Ireland working at a very high level.

The response to the series in Ireland, and now internationally, demands respect and while it’s too early to announce I’m particularly excited to see the prospect of a third series taking shape.

Jane Gogan, Commissioning Editor, RTÉ Drama
Will Darren's tasche return? Let's hope not.

Last edited by silvine; 12-12-2011 at 22:48.
12-12-2011, 22:47   #1121
Tayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
So who told Roise that Darren killed Stumpy? Her mam maybe but would she have known Roise seem to imply she knew everytime she was nagging Darren asking for the truth
I thought she'd asked him when she got back "so is it true"? Like there had been rumours going around that it was him......she was always saying to him that he'd changed now so she always knew but tried to pretend that it wasn't true but then she just admitted it to herself.
12-12-2011, 22:52   #1122
DeepBlue

What exactly was Rosie's problem? She got romantically involved with, not one, but two gangsters and she was fully aware that they were gangsters and what was involved in that lifestyle.
And then she got upset 'cos Darren was........eh.........a gangster?

With a bit of luck she won't be around for series 3.
Thanks from:
12-12-2011, 22:56   #1123
cloptrop
Banned

in series 3 darrens tache goes on the gear
then aido pimps it out
rosie is caught in a real dilemna
is she in love with darren or the tache
darren started off living in spain in the first episode he came home from there to see his brother get out of jail maybe hes just gone back
as far as i remember hes on the run for gun possesion
13-12-2011, 00:49   #1124
thesandeman

Thought this episode wasnt as good without JB (even though I didnt take to him last season his character came on in leaps and bounds this year) but still great.
The soundtrack was brilliant. The Dylan/Hendrix music was perfect for the scene.
13-12-2011, 01:25   #1125
colly_06

People saying that Darrens tache disappearing is a metaphor for his good and bad side is quite funny, it's clearly bad continuity
Thread Closed