Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

24-05-2011, 14:50   #121
YFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabies View Post
Irish people are generally too afraid to get naked with the lights on.
Usually need to be drunk too.
Much better when you're not drunk.
Advertisement
24-05-2011, 15:37   #122
airman101

very well put tax ah cruel... some do and some dont.... no shame either way!!! i myself am looking forward to the weekly crumlin swim...
24-05-2011, 15:47   #123
DoesNotCompute

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry bullfinch View Post
hi,just had my first nude sauna with my wife in europe and found it very exhilarating,notting pervy about it as it natural to do it that way and every one else was naked to,is the anywere in ireland that allowys this.
PICS OR GTFO
24-05-2011, 15:50   #124
Coriolanus

Send a message via MSN to Coriolanus Send a message via Skype™ to Coriolanus
The only sauna I've been in in Ireland was naked, though single sex, so I assumed they all were.
24-05-2011, 19:30   #125
BBDBB
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonedrinking View Post
What is the protocol when you get a boner? Do you just cover it with a towel? Or do you politely excuse yourself and go blow your load in the jacks?

finish the Assembly, send the kids back to class and go back to your office for a lie down
Advertisement
10-07-2011, 11:43   #126
Liberal Irishman
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry bullfinch View Post
Can you sauna nude in Ireland and if so were ???????

There are gay saunas in Ireland where nude is the norm. Biggest is probably the boilerhouse in Dublin, if that’s your thing!
10-07-2011, 11:49   #127
Liberal Irishman
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman101 View Post
Hi all, there is a nudist swim in Crumlin swimming pool on Wednesday evenings between 8 and 9pm, its excellent, nothing sexual, all types of people and all shapes of bodies, nothing to be embarassed about, give it a go.,...
Do they have a jacuzzi there?
10-07-2011, 12:49   #128
dj jarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenia View Post
The whole naturism thing is a little bit "Third Reichish" for me and I find it interesting that the movement sprung from the same era and locations that gave us fascism.
Clothes have developed into a lot more than just something to keep us warm-we cover up our lower halves as a sign that we aren't just animals who sh1t, piss and fuck.
I don't buy the whole prudish Irish thing either-are continental males different that they don't get turned on by naked women?

eh ? the scandinavians and western russians have done " the naturism " thing for hundreds of years , germany might have only started in recent times , post 20's i would imagine but dont know for sure
my wife is finnish , in her family they still have her great grandfathers house/farm and i have seen a nearly 150 year old sauna , that's a long time before fascism became fashionable in northern Europe .

and for a measure in the difference of our attitudes against the Scandinavians - Finns in particular
i visited some neighbors of the in laws , never met this family before , within 30 minutes i was naked in the sauna with the father of the family having a beer , with his wife and his two kids , also my wife and my daughter
this kind of thing is totally normal if find in Finland .

i also went to a local hotel with a swimming pool , went in got changed , walked out of my changing cubical and was confronted by a 18 year old absolute slamming hottie in tight shorts , she worked cleaning the area
place filled with naked blokes of all ages and body type and no one gave a **** - did i mention i was naked

one thing about being in a group naked situation is you are really aware of how ****ing WHITE irish people are i looked like a bowling pin
10-07-2011, 14:46   #129
Sonnenblumen

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunk View Post
**** it anyway! I spent a whole WEEK in finland and never heard about the nudie saunas
Bogland noticed your absence.
Advertisement
10-07-2011, 16:19   #130
latenia
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj jarvis View Post
and i have seen a nearly 150 year old sauna , that's a long time before fascism became fashionable in northern Europe .
There is a difference between saunas, particularly those in a domestic or localised setting, where nudity is more of a practicality and a comfort issue and the type of naturism I'm referring to. I don't even have a problem with people doing their own thing at a quiet beach or lake if that's what they prefer.
It's the mass gatherings of people at beaches or camps where there is undoubtably an element of exhibitionism combined with smug superiority that I'm criticising here.
10-07-2011, 17:03   #131
saatana

Wearing any garment in a sauna is distinctly uncomfortable. It is never done in the Nordic region, where the sauna (or "bastu" as it is called in Sweden or "badstue" in Norway) is an integral part of the people's lifestyle. Mixed bathing is common (but not the general rule) within families and among close friends. No big deal. Don't worry about getting, as they say in parts of Ireland, "a brang" in the sauna. It's not likely in a temperature of up to 110 degree C (ideally around 95).
10-07-2011, 17:17   #132
Emiko
Closed Account

I used to go to one regularly abroad.

The changing rooms were unisex, the showers were unisex, and everyone was nude apart from the occasional woman covering her modesty with a towel.

It was all very relaxed, and no big deal for anybody.
10-07-2011, 23:25   #133
heidi_ho

Last year the oil man that used to deliver my oil asked me to join him and his wife in a naked sauna.
I politely declined and never ordered from that company again

Not that I wouldn't be open to the idea but just not with him and his wife at his house... i;d be scared and scarred for life i would imagine!

Last edited by heidi_ho; 10-07-2011 at 23:27.
10-07-2011, 23:37   #134
mattjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi_ho View Post
Last year the oil man that used to deliver my oil asked me to join him and his wife in a naked sauna.
I politely declined and never ordered from that company again

Not that I wouldn't be open to the idea but just not with him and his wife at his house... i;d be scared and scarred for life i would imagine!
Look at you boasting bout your oil man.............
Thanks from:
10-07-2011, 23:41   #135
heidi_ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjack View Post
Look at you boasting bout your oil man.............
Hardly boasting, AND he's my ex-oil man!
Thread Closed