Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2011, 21:58   #1
cabbott

replacement for onkyo tx sr606.

hi all.
my onkyo 606 has kicked the bucket, and im getting no signal from the hdmi port. ive tried replacing the capacitors on the hdmi board, but still no go.
im looking for a similar replacement, ive been looking at the 608, but am afraid of buying another onkyo because of their reliability. im running mission m cubes and was happy with the sound i was getting.
so what do i buy,
onkyo, denon, yamaha, pioneer. the price must be similar.
Advertisement
24-03-2011, 02:34   #2
akaSol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbott View Post
hi all.
my onkyo 606 has kicked the bucket, and im getting no signal from the hdmi port. ive tried replacing the capacitors on the hdmi board, but still no go.
im looking for a similar replacement, ive been looking at the 608, but am afraid of buying another onkyo because of their reliability. im running mission m cubes and was happy with the sound i was getting.
so what do i buy,
onkyo, denon, yamaha, pioneer. the price must be similar.
You might want to have a word with Onkyo. They should be able to tell by batch number which had a faulty or potentially faulty HDMI ports.
I have come across quite a few Onkyo with similar problems.

If I was to choose a new amp for my self would be the Marantz SR6005 or 7005, however you may want to wait as Yamaha and Onkyo are to/have release(d) new amps in the next little while

Sol
24-03-2011, 20:21   #3
Richersounds.ie: John
Verified representative

Send a message via Skype™ to Richersounds.ie: John
From John Mc - Richer Sounds Ireland & The Philips Shop

Declared interest here - I sell Onkyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaSol View Post
You might want to have a word with Onkyo. They should be able to tell by batch number which had a faulty or potentially faulty HDMI ports.
+1 - you do know that Receiver has a 2 year warranty as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaSol View Post
If I was to choose a new amp for my self would be the Marantz SR6005 or 7005, however you may want to wait as Yamaha and Onkyo are to/have release(d) new amps in the next little while

Sol
Oh yep that Marantz 7005 is a beauty!

John Mc & Crew
24-03-2011, 20:57   #4
cabbott

ive had a look at the marantz but its outside my budget. seems to be the job alright. ive had the reciever over 2 years and bought it as a refurb from ebay from a seller in england, so by the time its posted over and back its not worth it. ive tried changing the capacitors on the hdmi board, so i think and warranty would be out the window anyway. and ive just given €20 to a local repair place to have a look at it so im not going to keep wasting money on it.

think ill just stick it back on ebay, cos the sound end of it still works.

been looking at the 608 on richersounds as a matter of fact...that might be the next option.

have they been a reliable machine john, have ye had many returns on them?

Last edited by cabbott; 24-03-2011 at 21:19.
05-04-2011, 13:49   #5
slave1

Onkyo have a product support fourm over on AVFourms.com, quick search popped up a good few 606 HMDI issues, I'd trail through if I were you, you may have a repair option open...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion