Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2011, 00:19   #1
angeldelight

Plug and socket melted

So recently when we tried to turn on our tumble dryer the trip switch would go. Our landlady arranged for someone who services the to come and have a look and it turned out it wasn't the dryer. When he eventually got the plug out of the socket it was quite badly burned and melted. An electrician is coming to replace the socket but I'm just wondering is it a common thing? It's a double socket and I'm a bit unsure about using the washing machine which is plugged into the other one - would it be dangerous?
Advertisement
03-02-2011, 10:59   #2
Bruthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
So recently when we tried to turn on our tumble dryer the trip switch would go. Our landlady arranged for someone who services the to come and have a look and it turned out it wasn't the dryer. When he eventually got the plug out of the socket it was quite badly burned and melted. An electrician is coming to replace the socket but I'm just wondering is it a common thing? It's a double socket and I'm a bit unsure about using the washing machine which is plugged into the other one - would it be dangerous?
Was it the tumble dryer plug itself which was burned? Anyway replacing both the plug and twin socket will be needed now as the pins in the socket will also be damaged and could of been the cause by not being tight on the plug when it was plugged in.

It would be best to replace the twin socket before using the washing machine also. Check the washing machine plug for any signs of damage also.
13-02-2011, 18:42   #3
westportpoultry

loose connection in the plug!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion