Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2011, 10:14   #1
walsh247

Movie download site

hey guys I am currently in the process of putting together a site for movie downloads similar to sites like onedll.com and was wondering about the legal ramifications of this, I will have the relevant DCMA disclaimer but was wondering if the worst thing that can happen is it being taken down? Can I be fined or arrested for linking to recent movies online.
p.s. i am living in Ireland so not sure what the laws are here in relation to this.
Advertisement
10-02-2011, 12:28   #2
RangeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh247 View Post
hey guys I am currently in the process of putting together a site for movie downloads similar to sites like onedll.com and was wondering about the legal ramifications of this, I will have the relevant DCMA disclaimer but was wondering if the worst thing that can happen is it being taken down? Can I be fined or arrested for linking to recent movies online.
p.s. i am living in Ireland so not sure what the laws are here in relation to this.
DCMA is irrelevant. That's USA law. Not trying to bate you but I'm not familiar with onedll. Are you looking to setup a site for royalty free / independent movie downloads or simply downloading Hollywood movies etc?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion