Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2010, 23:56   #1
Hunt

JCB 3CX needing to attach hydraulic bale handler. Hydraulic issue.

Hi,
I am planning to attach a hydraulic bale handler with one hydraulic ram to my 1988 3cx with a grey cab.
The only problem I have is where to take the two pipes from. Do in need a feed and return or do I need two feeds from the valve chest or surrounding pipes. Is it possible to take the hydraulic pipes from around the control lever located inside the cab on the floor for the front bucket?
Could I tap into a feed and return or two feeds somewhere and wouldn’t be interfering with the hydraulic oil pressure and causing the oil pump to fail in time.
I am very green when it comes to how the valve chest operates.
I have the piping and a new control lever.

Any advice is very welcome and thanks in advance
Advertisement
14-06-2010, 21:36   #2
dunsandin

Not 100%, but how about tapping into an existing service you seldom use, such as a slew ram or a jack ram? If you tacked the jack or made a bracket to hold it up, you could just connect up the bale handler to the feed and return pipes for the jack and use its control lever to work the grab. Or pick some other service with its own lever-easier than plumbing in a new lever and circuit if you are not too mechanical.
14-06-2010, 22:43   #3
mossfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt View Post
Hi,
I am planning to attach a hydraulic bale handler with one hydraulic ram to my 1988 3cx with a grey cab.
The only problem I have is where to take the two pipes from. Do in need a feed and return or do I need two feeds from the valve chest or surrounding pipes. Is it possible to take the hydraulic pipes from around the control lever located inside the cab on the floor for the front bucket?
Could I tap into a feed and return or two feeds somewhere and wouldn’t be interfering with the hydraulic oil pressure and causing the oil pump to fail in time.
I am very green when it comes to how the valve chest operates.
I have the piping and a new control lever.

Any advice is very welcome and thanks in advance
if you have a 4 in 1 bucket on the front disconnect the two hoses where they meet the metal pipes on the front and fit 2 quick fit connectors for your bale handler. you can operate your bale handler with the 4 in 1 lever.
we did this with our 3cx a few years ago and it worked fine. if you dont have a 4 in 1 you wil have to take pipes from a supply for one of the rams at the back actor as a temporary job.
15-06-2010, 20:48   #4
911s

Anybody auxillary hammer circuit on JCB 3C? . Hammer piped into jack leg valve, rope
around lever dropped into footwell and loop for foot. Hey presto foot operated hammer
circuit (I doubt if they teach this on any CSCS course)
15-06-2010, 22:29   #5
dunsandin

Hah, they might have on mine! How to mount and dismount correctly-jump out of the window, landing with your feet together, knees bent. Climb in via backactor and rear(missing)window.
Advertisement
16-06-2010, 08:51   #6
Hunt

Cheers I tapped into the jack ram service
17-06-2010, 16:00   #7
Tora Bora
Closed Account

Speaking of grey cab 3CX. Does anybody know of a healthy 4WD version for sale. Mid late eighties, would be grand. 4 in 1 bucket also req.

T
16-11-2010, 21:20   #8
dunlops26

JCB 3CX HYDRA CLAMPS

Hi,
Does anybody know to fix the HYDRA CLAMPS on the king post carraige on a 3cx.They are stuck open and might be siezed.The pipe work is correct and when I move the lever in the cab nothing happens.I think it maybe an oil supply issue from the valve chest as the hose tothe clamps don`t even flex a little.It`s a 1988 3cx project 7 model.Would a valve be stuck closed in the valve chest?
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion