Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-11-2010, 15:30   #1
metrovelvet
Closed Account

magnet plate or board?

A friend of mine gave my son a magnetic alphabet/phonics game from ELC as a gift but my refrigerator is covered by a case so its not magnetised. Does anyone know of something else I can use and where I can get it?
Advertisement
09-11-2010, 15:45   #2
Nevyn
Closed Account

A metal serving tray or baking tray to play with or a office metal board.
http://www.huntoffice.ie/drywipe-boa...FQz-2AodIkhpPQ
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 15:46   #3
Cat Melodeon

You can get metal notice boards in most big stationery shops. They can be pricey though. A cheaper alternative might be a stainless steel serving tray. I don't know where you'd get one though, they're the kind of thing your gran might have. Maybe a second hand or charity shop, car boot sale etc or one of the bigger homeware stores? Caterers use them too, if you have any contacts in the hotel/catering trade who could acquire one for you. Failing that, you could probably get a small piece of sheet metal from a DIY store.

And before you splash out, check that none of your cooking stuff is metallic. I've got a roasting tin from IKEA (cost €14) that will attract magnets.
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 17:58   #4
byhookorbycrook

Biscuit tin lid
Many euro shops sell magnetic mini-white boards if you want to buy something.
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 18:25   #5
littlebitdull

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/search/?qu...c+noticeboards

Ikea have a range of them.

If you have an induction cooker all of your cookware will be magnetic (which is also a way of testing pots etc when you go shopping - bring a fridge magnet with you.)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-11-2010, 10:19   #6
Sleepy

A radiator that's not used frequently? We had one in our last house that was covered in the little ones magnets...
(2) thanks from:
10-11-2010, 11:06   #7
we'llallhavetea_old
Closed Account

yeah the radiator is great for the magnets, not so great when your toddler discovers how nicely the crayons melt onto it
10-11-2010, 11:24   #8
Nevyn
Closed Account

If you fridge can't be used as a notice board and you can't put drawings and eventually good test results on it, then I would say get the board for the kitchen, it will have plenty use over the years from that set to drawnings and notices from school, reminders and sticker reward charts and reminders.
10-11-2010, 11:53   #9
metrovelvet
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaedydal View Post
If you fridge can't be used as a notice board and you can't put drawings and eventually good test results on it, then I would say get the board for the kitchen, it will have plenty use over the years from that set to drawnings and notices from school, reminders and sticker reward charts and reminders.
I use blutac for that stuff, but yeah its a pain.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion