Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-02-2010, 18:49   #1
suitseir

Passport tracking online!

Does this ACTUALLY work? Passport submitted by express through local post office over a week ago and nothing coming up on the tracking online. Should I ring them? Supposed to be done in 10 days and this will be up on Monday!!!
Advertisement
04-02-2010, 18:55   #2
Bonito
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitseir View Post
Does this ACTUALLY work? Passport submitted by express through local post office over a week ago and nothing coming up on the tracking online. Should I ring them? Supposed to be done in 10 days and this will be up on Monday!!!
Patience. The new passport office is in Balbriggan and the workers are lazy fooks. Although it's the distribution centre and the post sorting office is LITERALLY 100 yards away you wont be getting your passport for another month or two.

My passport somehow ended up being sent to a T.D. In the dáil. Only found out weeks later when I went up to the passport office and asked for my passport and they said it had been issued. When I asked to who and where they told me and I was like how the fúck did yas manage that!!!

The guards at the front gate thought I was takin' the mickey when I told them eh yeh mr ****** ***** has my passport, the passport office told me they sent it to them. Took me 2 hours of waiting to get it!
Thanks from:
04-02-2010, 19:03   #3
Lollymcd

Quote:
It's unusual that there is nothing on the system regarding your passport. Are you certain you are putting in the correct number? It's the number that was on the top of your application form and should also be on your post office receipt. Don't get it confused with the An Post Passport Express tracking number which usually has IE in it. Despite the previous posters experience they are usually quite good about getting passport express applications out within the ten working days provided you have given them all the info etc etc! If it hasn't arrived by Monday pm I'd definitely call them! Are you off any where nice?!?!
05-02-2010, 09:17   #4
suitseir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollymcd View Post
It's unusual that there is nothing on the system regarding your passport. Are you certain you are putting in the correct number? It's the number that was on the top of your application form and should also be on your post office receipt. Don't get it confused with the An Post Passport Express tracking number which usually has IE in it. Despite the previous posters experience they are usually quite good about getting passport express applications out within the ten working days provided you have given them all the info etc etc! If it hasn't arrived by Monday pm I'd definitely call them! Are you off any where nice?!?!

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I was putting in the incorrect number but when I put in the correct one with IE as you suggested, same negative reply coming up. The 10 days will be up on Monday so I think I will ring them. Mind you, it is quite difficult to read the tracer number on the receipt I got in the PO. I paid for it by laser and the helpful assistant checked out the application and put everything in the envelope. I put a telephone contact number on the application and I am sure if there was something amiss, they would ring. I am hoping to go a Med Cruise...cheap one! this Spring/Summer.
05-02-2010, 10:17   #5
Pacing Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonito View Post

My passport somehow ended up being sent to a T.D. In the dáil. Only found out weeks later when I went up to the passport office and asked for my passport and they said it had been issued. When I asked to who and where they told me and I was like how the fúck did yas manage that!!!
Obviously they read Mr Bonito as Mr Bono and figured best place to catch him was in the dail saving the country by advising the government with cunning plans to raise taxes etc
Advertisement
05-02-2010, 10:29   #6
captainspeckle

Quote:
I am hoping to go a Med Cruise...cheap one! this Spring/Summer.
you will have it in loads of time. if its due by monday, then you will more than likely get it before the week is down.
05-02-2010, 12:27   #7
esharknz
Closed Account

My husband had his in 7 working days (including the day he submitted it).
They hadn't updated the online status so I was surprised when it arrived in the mail.
05-02-2010, 14:08   #8
CreepingDeath

Quote:
Passport tracking online! Does this ACTUALLY work?
It's very inaccurate.
It doesn't say that my passport is in the bottom drawer of my bedroom locker.
05-02-2010, 14:26   #9
aidan24326

I applied for one through the postal express thing just recently and got it within a week. Posted the application on a Tuesday, had it in the post the following Tuesday. So I wouldn't worry, you should have it within a few days. If you're in any doubt just ring them.
Advertisement
05-02-2010, 17:26   #10
suitseir

Well, I eventually go through to them on phone. They are sending back the whole lot because the local friendly Sergent omitted to put in the FORM number on back of one of the pics. He signed it OK but this number has to be filled in by the Garda signing the form.

So back to the drawing board and hopefully, it will be re-submitted by Tuesday at the latest.

So much for checking everything!
15-02-2010, 22:55   #11
lopppy

Today was the 8th working day so I should have mine before Wednesday.. hope there isn't an error.

I queued in the Garda station for half an hour to get him to stamp the form and that, when i got to the post office they said the Garda forgot to sign the back of the photos... when i got back to the station the Garda laughed in my face and signed them, last time he smiled that day I'm sure after the thank you i gave him!
15-02-2010, 23:52   #12
Midnight_EG
Banned

Here's me thinking I could check peoples passports online, very disappointed OP!
15-02-2010, 23:55   #13
sdeire
Northsider

Send a message via MSN to sdeire Send a message via Skype™ to sdeire
Quote:
Why on earth would you ask that of us? Just ring them - it's not as if you're contemplating over whether or not to push the nuclear war panic button, it's a phone call.
15-02-2010, 23:58   #14
carbsy

A hooir tried to rob mine in Thailand last year.I caught up with her and gave her a good spanking.
16-02-2010, 01:14   #15
artanevilla

They're on a work to rule.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion