Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find my WEP key

• 25-11-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have an wireless broadband with Eircom . Basically I need to find my WEP key and was told it is printed somewhere on the modem ??

Could you please tell me which number it is ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yeah the wep code is printed on the back of the modem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Henrik_is_God

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Yeah the wep code is printed on the back of the modem :)

Ya mate but theres 3 different numbers printed on the back of mine ?

which is it ? how many digits should be in it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Ya mate but theres 3 different numbers printed on the back of mine ?

which is it ? how many digits should be in it ?
    If its the netopia router just turn it over and there should be a label with the SSID and wep code. If you cant find this connect to the router via a earthnet cable and go to this web address: http://192.168.1.254/ then go to wireless and then it should display the code there :D

Trevor451 wrote: »
    If its the netopia router just turn it over and there should be a label with the SSID and wep code. If you cant find this connect to the router via a earthnet cable and go to this web address: http://192.168.1.254/ then go to wireless and then it should display the code there :D

Ive looked at the bottom of it and theres 3 different numbers . Says nothing about a wep code

What would the wep code look like ? does it begin with SN ? Is there digits and letters in it ?

That site just asks me for a username & password

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Can you see your router wirelessly? is it called something like eircom 2435 2345?

If so, give us the 8 digits off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

It'd be a long string of numbers and letters - probably 26 characters.

It'd be a long string of numbers and letters - probably 26 characters.

Ohhh I know it . Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Ohhh I know it . Thanks for your help
    Need I say; make sure you change it now. As Trevor 451 says, you can always get it again by connecting via cable.

Advertisement