Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-11-2009, 16:38   #1
Henrik_is_God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 184
How do I find my WEP key

I have an wireless broadband with Eircom . Basically I need to find my WEP key and was told it is printed somewhere on the modem ??

Could you please tell me which number it is ?
Henrik_is_God is offline  
Advertisement
25-11-2009, 16:40   #2
Trevor451
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,446
Yeah the wep code is printed on the back of the modem
Trevor451 is offline  
25-11-2009, 16:49   #3
Henrik_is_God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor451 View Post
Yeah the wep code is printed on the back of the modem
Ya mate but theres 3 different numbers printed on the back of mine ?

which is it ? how many digits should be in it ?
Henrik_is_God is offline  
25-11-2009, 16:55   #4
Trevor451
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik_is_God View Post
Ya mate but theres 3 different numbers printed on the back of mine ?

which is it ? how many digits should be in it ?
If its the netopia router just turn it over and there should be a label with the SSID and wep code. If you cant find this connect to the router via a earthnet cable and go to this web address: http://192.168.1.254/ then go to wireless and then it should display the code there
Trevor451 is offline  
Thanks from:
25-11-2009, 17:06   #5
Henrik_is_God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor451 View Post
If its the netopia router just turn it over and there should be a label with the SSID and wep code. If you cant find this connect to the router via a earthnet cable and go to this web address: http://192.168.1.254/ then go to wireless and then it should display the code there
Ive looked at the bottom of it and theres 3 different numbers . Says nothing about a wep code

What would the wep code look like ? does it begin with SN ? Is there digits and letters in it ?

That site just asks me for a username & password
Henrik_is_God is offline  
Advertisement
25-11-2009, 17:09   #6
Gone Drinking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Confai
Posts: 2,284
Can you see your router wirelessly? is it called something like eircom 2435 2345?

If so, give us the 8 digits off it
Gone Drinking is offline  
25-11-2009, 17:09   #7
extra-ordinary_
Registered User
 
extra-ordinary_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 719
It'd be a long string of numbers and letters - probably 26 characters.
extra-ordinary_ is offline  
25-11-2009, 17:15   #8
Henrik_is_God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra-ordinary_ View Post
It'd be a long string of numbers and letters - probably 26 characters.
Ohhh I know it . Thanks for your help
Henrik_is_God is offline  
25-11-2009, 20:12   #9
monkeypants
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik_is_God View Post
Ohhh I know it . Thanks for your help
Need I say; make sure you change it now. As Trevor 451 says, you can always get it again by connecting via cable.
monkeypants is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet