Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-06-2009, 12:45   #1
daymobrew

Is there an email equivalent of browsershots.org?

I am helping someone create a email template for his newsletter. We want it to look like the website (which is table based with lots of small images for rounded corners).

The email looks fine in Yahoo Mail but not in Gmail.

I know that email clients are worse than browsers for rendering consistency. Is there an equivalent of browsershots.org for email clients?

One backup plan is to copy the method that Chain Reaction Cycles newsletter uses - a single image for the email - ugly but easy.
Advertisement
22-06-2009, 12:55   #2
WizZard
Advocatus Diaboli

Try http://litmusapp.com/email-testing (well worth paying for)
22-06-2009, 17:29   #3
Sully

I would have assumed HTML based emails would be phased out, rather then in. I dont look at HTML based emails usually, Google removes most junk as does Thunderbird and my mobile. Since these are defaults, I would have assumed most people hated HTML based emails and prefered text based..

No?
22-06-2009, 22:01   #4
p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
I would have assumed HTML based emails would be phased out, rather then in. I dont look at HTML based emails usually, Google removes most junk as does Thunderbird and my mobile. Since these are defaults, I would have assumed most people hated HTML based emails and prefered text based..

No?
Text based emails are a pain in the add. Overly desiged HTML emails are a pain in the ass.

Well used HTML emails are pretty good.

Example:
http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/a...-notifications
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size