Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-11-2008, 08:15   #1
Benny Cake

Golf store in Dundrum

Howdy folks,
Im headin to the dundrum town centre today with the missus and am just wondering if there is any decent golf shop in/near the centre??
Advertisement
29-11-2008, 08:28   #2
Myksyk

There's a golf creche in the Dundrum Centre. A small shop situated in one of the car parks. Nothing to ring home about. There was another shop near the Taney Bridge but it's closed now.
29-11-2008, 09:06   #3
Benny Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myksyk View Post
There's a golf creche in the Dundrum Centre. A small shop situated in one of the car parks. Nothing to ring home about. There was another shop near the Taney Bridge but it's closed now.
would i be as well off to make the trip across to mcguirks in blanch??
29-11-2008, 10:02   #4
uberwolf

nearby you have a McGuirks in Leopardstown, and decent store in the Leopardstown driving range,

You also have Green 18 between dundrum and leopardstown which is prob worth a visit. Online cheaper through.

http://www.green18.ie/

http://www.mcguirksgolf.com/pages/re...hours-g-2.html

http://www.leopardstown.com/Content/...acilities.aspx
Thanks from:
29-11-2008, 10:41   #5
Mister Sifter

The Golf Creche is pretty rubbish, but worth a look if only to get away from the missus for 10 mins and out of the madness that will be Dundrum today. McGuirks in Leapordstown is as good as the one in Blanch so i'd take a run there if there;s time.

Will certainly be alot cheaper than the creche. Customer service is generally shocking in both though unfortunately in my experience.
Advertisement
29-11-2008, 12:59   #6
copacetic

it's a small shop in the centre but nice to have it there to drop into. Got a good deal on a couple of ping tops there in the past and picked up some balls also.
14-12-2008, 20:09   #7
Mister Sifter

Some good deals on balls in there at the minute... 35 euro for a dozen Taylor made TP red and also a dozen of the Nike One. ProV's are 40 i think.
15-12-2008, 19:37   #8
ehutchroi

American Golf

Save yourself from the joke which is Mc Guirks Golf !
Your best bet for golf shops in the dublin area is American Golf in Tallaght.
They are by far the cheapest shop around.
Got my brand new 2009 52 degree oil can spin milled Titleist Vokey Wedge custom fitted with Multi Compound grip for 99euro.
When I priced around Mc Guirks were 139euro for the old model!

Mc Guirks staff were shocking and there after sales service was non-existant after my Lite shaft in my Cobra didnt suit me. ( turned out i needed a stiff)

When American Golf custom fitted me for my new Mizuno MX-200's, the staff were very helpful and made sure I got the right club for me.
I got my clubs a week later for 549euro (very competitive)

When I asked about different options in Mc Guirks I was told these clubs were "nice"

Have been shopping in American Golf ever since Premier in Ballymount closed

Do not bother yourself passing the doors of Mc Guirks.
15-12-2008, 22:11   #9
Mister Sifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehutchroi View Post
Save yourself from the joke which is Mc Guirks Golf !
Your best bet for golf shops in the dublin area is American Golf in Tallaght.
They are by far the cheapest shop around.
Got my brand new 2009 52 degree oil can spin milled Titleist Vokey Wedge custom fitted with Multi Compound grip for 99euro.
When I priced around Mc Guirks were 139euro for the old model!

Mc Guirks staff were shocking and there after sales service was non-existant after my Lite shaft in my Cobra didnt suit me. ( turned out i needed a stiff)

When American Golf custom fitted me for my new Mizuno MX-200's, the staff were very helpful and made sure I got the right club for me.
I got my clubs a week later for 549euro (very competitive)

When I asked about different options in Mc Guirks I was told these clubs were "nice"

Have been shopping in American Golf ever since Premier in Ballymount closed

Do not bother yourself passing the doors of Mc Guirks.
I was only ever in it once and found it to be really good. It didn't have the selection that say McGuirks in Blanch would have, but the service was first class. Although the selection and stock probably wasn't just as good as McGuirks, they did offer to order stuff in. Do they still have the price match policy?

When i was there they did. They said they'd match anyone's price on anything within a certain distance (i think 90 miles).

The only reason i don't use it more is that it's in a bad location for me.
Advertisement
17-12-2008, 19:26   #10
ehutchroi

American Golf

Ye price match policy still in place but to be honest its almost needless as they are so cheap.
There orders are usually in before a week and their service is unbeatable!

I travel from Swords whenever i am buying stuff because i know the lads will look after me!
17-12-2008, 19:33   #11
copacetic

lets calm it down a bit, they aren't that cheap, in fact I've never bought anything from
them that was particularly cheap and they are often much dearer than other shops for the newer clubs.

take this as a friendly warning, pushing the same retailer all the time when you have so few posts is suspicious. You are now on the radar as a possible shill. No more pushing of any shop.

Last edited by copacetic; 17-12-2008 at 19:36.
17-12-2008, 22:21   #12
Sandwich

Prices in American Golf nothing special at all in my experience. Expensive if anything and stock of woods especially, not a patch on McGuirks. All the big stores are much of a muchness pricewise. Halpenny Golf in Swords best if anywhere at the mo. Better to go north : sterling at 83p today!
17-12-2008, 22:26   #13
Mister Sifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
Prices in American Golf nothing special at all in my experience. Expensive if anything and stock of woods especially, not a patch on McGuirks. All the big stores are much of a muchness pricewise. Halpenny Golf in Swords best if anywhere at the mo. Better to go north : sterling at 83p today!
Better than that... 93p!
18-12-2008, 01:30   #14
Sandwich

Thanks for the correction,93p indeed!
21-12-2008, 00:00   #15
ehutchroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
lets calm it down a bit, they aren't that cheap, in fact I've never bought anything from
them that was particularly cheap and they are often much dearer than other shops for the newer clubs.

take this as a friendly warning, pushing the same retailer all the time when you have so few posts is suspicious. You are now on the radar as a possible shill. No more pushing of any shop.
Oh sorry copacetic!!!!
If u had the same expierience i had with mc guirk a couple of years ago u wud not come on here criticising me like that. Work out in lucan so do my business on the southside. Used to shop with golf works beside the hermitage and then they closed down, aswell as premier at the red cow so what option am i left with? shop wit overpriced club pro!

I just happened to find them cheaper and more helpful!

I'm guessing u like everybody else u have a preference for a certain retailer like ie dunnes over tesco or d.i.d over currys!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion