Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

31-05-2008, 16:16   #61
Ruu
Closed Account

Never needed any excuses, my folks knew I was a responsible young gosoooooooooon. I used to always walk home from town to my house (my very big house) in the country anyway and it took about 45 minutes, at 3-4am after the dishco I was in no hurry.
Advertisement
31-05-2008, 16:57   #62
Aisling(",)

Send a message via MSN to Aisling(",)
I usually get lifts home from where ever i may be but the latest i can usually push it to is 2.Generally no need to lie because they know im drinking but one time i pure waffled my arse off.

i was out with the lads and said i was getting a lift home of a friends dad at two (not true).so i was fairly plastered and sat in the back of my mates car half asleep on one of the lads when i get a phone call around half 2 where are you etc.thinking fast i said theyred been a stabbbing somewhere and as my friends dad was a jlo he'd gotten called in and would get us as soon as he was finished.i eventually strolled in at 4 but they believed it because i dont usually lie.i was just so paro afterwards because my mam n dad know my friends dad and would have said it to him had they seen him.

oh and another time i was around an hour late when i was emant to be in at 11 i said that there were scumbags sat on the back of the bus setting the seats on fire and the bus driver pulled over refused to drive and called the gaurds and we had to wait for a replacement bus...suprisingly enough that worked.
31-05-2008, 17:06   #63
Kold

Just go to bed jailbait.
31-05-2008, 17:13   #64
Aisling(",)

Send a message via MSN to Aisling(",)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kold View Post
Just go to bed jailbait.
are you refering to me?

neither myself nor any of the other underagers who have posted in this thread have said anything provocative so i find your comment to be un called for and rude

Last edited by Aisling(",); 31-05-2008 at 17:26.
31-05-2008, 17:31   #65
bluedolphin

Never usually needed excuses cos always just told them where I was going. Found that usually worked. I've turned up home rat-arsed drunk a couple of times, sometimes I've gotten away with it, sometimes I haven't. Was brought home at about 11:30 during rag week in first year by some mates (had been drinking cans all day and moved on to vodka at about 6pm!)...

Lost shoe getting out of taxi, halfway down front path and I start giggling.
Friend: What's wrong?
Me: I lost my shoe *giggle, giggle*
Friend (not all that sober either) runs back and gets it, meanwhile I fall over onto the front lawn. Friend eventually pulls me up. We continue our escapade to the door.
At the door I promptly begin to stab the generally area of the lock with my key. Needless to say, after 5 minutes I still haven't gotten the key in. About to get angry with the lock when the door opens.

Mother: Hello?
Me: Hello.
Friend: We decided to bring bluedolphin home, she wasn't feeling that well.
Me (rolling drunk): Yeah, she gave me bad pizza. I feel sick after the bad pizza.
Mother thanks friend and puts me to bed.
No recollection of aforementioned conversation next morning. Apologise to mother for inebriation. She sarcastically replies with, "You were drunk? What? I thought it was bad pizza?" and smirks her way through my hangover.
Advertisement
31-05-2008, 18:01   #66
ROCKMAN

For girls out there. TOO BE USED ON DADS ONLY.

You arrive back very late and are met at the door my dad.

Get the first words in (very important )
you're speech ,

Now Dad , if you never want to sleep again , I will tell you ever detail of my adventures tonight, You wil hear descriptions and facts that may shock , But I promise I will leave nothing out ,no stone unturned and nothing will be left to the imagination .

or

You can go back to bed , and we can both act like I was home on time.
31-05-2008, 18:24   #67
electro~bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKMAN View Post
For girls out there. TOO BE USED ON DADS ONLY.

You arrive back very late and are met at the door my dad.

Get the first words in (very important )
you're speech ,

Now Dad , if you never want to sleep again , I will tell you ever detail of my adventures tonight, You wil hear descriptions and facts that may shock , But I promise I will leave nothing out ,no stone unturned and nothing will be left to the imagination .

or

You can go back to bed , and we can both act like I was home on time.
Lol. My da would probably call my bluff though!
Seeing as I'm nineteen I don't really need an excuse anymore, as long as they hear from me and know roughly when/if I'm likely to get home, and that I'm still conscious, they don't cause too much fuss. When I was younger, I had the good fortune of having a local taxi driver who was well known for being unpunctual, so I'd get a call from the parents a half hour after I was supposed to be home
"Where are you? You're late home!"
"I know, I'm really sorry, I'm still waiting for Mr Taxi ****ing Driver, the useless ****e, it's the last time I use him!"
and they'd believe it! Then I'd just bum a lift home off a mate later
31-05-2008, 18:36   #68
ejmaztec

The most important thing to remember is that your parents, many years before, came up with the same bullsh1t excuses that you are trying to come up with now.
31-05-2008, 18:49   #69
ROCKMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmaztec View Post
The most important thing to remember is that your parents, many years before, came up with the same bullsh1t excuses that you are trying to come up with now.
or better
Advertisement
31-05-2008, 18:57   #70
ejmaztec

An aunt of mine, a complete fooking bitch, never listened to any excuses. Many's the night, she would lock her daughter out of the house, leaving her to sleep in the coal-shed.
31-05-2008, 22:25   #71
Thomas_S_Hunterson
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmaztec View Post
An aunt of mine, a complete fooking bitch, never listened to any excuses. Many's the night, she would lock her daughter out of the house, leaving her to sleep in the coal-shed.
:eek:That's horrific
01-06-2008, 02:26   #72
Banned

uhh the coal shed???
wtf?
who the heck has coal sheds nowadays lol?
01-06-2008, 02:48   #73
watna
Closed Account

I never realy needed excuses. My parents were fairly laid back and as long as I let them know where I was. If we went out we'd all stay in one friends house so we were all together. Then our parents didn't worry because we'd get home safe, you could try that.

One of my friends had Eircom phone watch and we all had to know her password and phone code because when she was drunk she'd just mash he keypad to get the noise to stop. Cue us all trying to turn it off and giggling while her dad stood at the top of the stairs telling us we were as drunk as monkeys while we tried to annunciate each word carefully to tell him we were fine! This happened regularly so I don't know why he always got up.

It's even worse coming home drunk to your parents when you're older. Just before I moved out of home I went on a night out on a Friday night after work. I was drinking from 5pm and by 11pm I was hammered so I went to the chipper got in a taxi with a bag of chips to eat later and went home. My parents were still up watching a film when I got home because it was only about 11.45pm and I stumbled in and proceeded to talk drunken shíte and eat garlic and cheese chips, getting it all over myself. I was 22 years old at the time so all they could do was laugh and tell me to go to bed and stop getting garlic sauce all over their couch!
07-06-2008, 13:09   #74
Michellenman

My aunt was telling me that when she was younger her and her friends made up a friend, let's call the imaginary friend ann. So whenever they were going out late or wanted to stay out all night they'd just say they were staying in Ann's house, never got caught!
29-07-2009, 13:09   #75
HEnfield

Fun

Im 14 me and my friends said we were staying in each others houses and then just cycled from town to punchestown and tried to sneak into oxegen we fell asleep in the red carpark and got caught. They called my mum at half 3 and she had to come and pick me up she wasnt too happy. Its worked before though one time i said i was staying in my friends house up the road and actually got a 100 euro taxi to meath ( ran away when we got there) and stayed in this girls house for the night
Thanks from:
Thread Closed