Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
22-04-2008, 14:28   #16
gibbon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6
will do!
gibbon is offline  
Advertisement
22-04-2008, 16:26   #17
Jenniebabz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 464
half and half

I own greyhound kennels and decided to use the spare ones as boarding kennels. im 17 btw. I put up a ad on a website and within a few days had a good few replies. It was only last weekend and I already have a dog that im minding. i think is a good idea cos the kennels are basically in my back garden but its a full building wth 2 storys. the 1st has 4 kennels and upstairs its just storage. this way dogs spend some time in kennels and some time in the house. its kept very clean and such.

what do others think? is it a good idea?
Jenniebabz is offline  
12-10-2008, 10:01   #18
Furphy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Dog care

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a cage free (no kennels) place to let my dog stay when I am away. She is very well behaved. When I have gone away in the past, I left her with a dog sitter who cared for her with his own dogs. I have since moved and am looking for a place that is similar to this set-up in the Wicklow or wider Dublin area. I would appreciate any recommendations! I am fussy!
Thank you!
Furphy
Furphy is offline  
13-10-2008, 00:33   #19
Sigma Force
Registered User
 
Sigma Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,916
Hi Furpy think I mentioned Yuppi Puppie already they are in Bray and use cage free kennelling, the parents are really fussy and their dog was very happy there with no problems.

Sadly the neighbours are complaining about so many cars going up and down the laneway that she is going to try and sell up and move somewhere with more land but you can visit the place.

The parents dog was never left in kennels before, the dog had her own bed in the kitchen but just followed her around all day.

Larger dogs are kept in a seperate area but not caged, just google the name the website should come up.
Sigma Force is offline  
03-11-2008, 19:09   #20
dimple
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16
Does anybody know if Yuppie Puppy are still operating in Bray? I've tried calling and leaving a voicemail and emailing but no response. I need to sort out petsitting for my dogs for the end of the month and liked the sound of Yuppie Puppy
dimple is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2008, 07:59   #21
woofie87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimple View Post
Does anybody know if Yuppie Puppy are still operating in Bray? I've tried calling and leaving a voicemail and emailing but no response. I need to sort out petsitting for my dogs for the end of the month and liked the sound of Yuppie Puppy
Leave the message on the answering mashine and Barbara should ring you back - she 's busy with the dogs so hardly ever answers her phone, but normally rings back. Also, I left my little scamp with a lovely lady for a week. She lives in Bray and takes 3-4 dogs to mind in her house. They get plenty of walk and have lots of fun playing all day, and they sleep wherever they slepp in their own homes ( Woofie slept in the kitchen on his own bed). He came back home happy and in good shape. If you want to I can forward your number to her and she will ring you.
woofie87 is offline  
04-11-2008, 17:18   #22
Sigma Force
Registered User
 
Sigma Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,916
She should ring back or try to e-mail her. Same with my parents dog she had a bed in the kitchen but the dog followed her around all day like a shadow lol.
Sigma Force is offline  
24-12-2008, 00:16   #23
Montyw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofie87 View Post
Leave the message on the answering mashine and Barbara should ring you back - she 's busy with the dogs so hardly ever answers her phone, but normally rings back. Also, I left my little scamp with a lovely lady for a week. She lives in Bray and takes 3-4 dogs to mind in her house. They get plenty of walk and have lots of fun playing all day, and they sleep wherever they slepp in their own homes ( Woofie slept in the kitchen on his own bed). He came back home happy and in good shape. If you want to I can forward your number to her and she will ring you.
hi, we recently got a very mild mannered westie puppy and are looking for somebody who could mind him three days a week. I was wondering if this lady you mentioned would be interested in minding him so regularly.
If so can you let me know so i could pass on my details, i'd really appreciate it. Thx a mill
Montyw is offline  
24-12-2008, 11:17   #24
woofie87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyw View Post
hi, we recently got a very mild mannered westie puppy and are looking for somebody who could mind him three days a week. I was wondering if this lady you mentioned would be interested in minding him so regularly.
If so can you let me know so i could pass on my details, i'd really appreciate it. Thx a mill

Sure send me a private message with your ph number and I will give it to her.
woofie87 is offline  
Advertisement
24-12-2008, 23:39   #25
dogyoungone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
yuppie puppie

Do try to get a booking in Yuppie Puppie as your dog will be very happy there. I've left my dog there twice and Barbara and her assistant (think she's Polish) were so nice to her. She came back healthy and had obviously been very well looked after. Barbara runs the place more like a home than a kennel and lets the dogs run around, play on the patio and even share her sofa! I hope Y.P doesn't close down as I wouldn't leave my dog anywhere else (I live in Cork and drive up to Wicklow so she can stay there! ). Perhaps try to ring the mobile after 6pm or early in the morning.. Good luck
dogyoungone is offline  
31-01-2009, 14:05   #26
aynneone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wicklow
Posts: 69
Send a message via Yahoo to aynneone
Cattery Greystones

Came upon this thread a bit late, but thought I would throw my tuppence worth in anyway.. Have boarded my cats, unsucessfully several times over the years, but found a gem of a place in Greystones itself, .. the cats there get individual attention, constantly, they get Lyric FM..lol.. but the woman who owns and runs the place absolutely loves cats, her set up is brilliant, there is nothing I could fault her on, all for half the price of what they charge in Enniskerry, though I dont doubt that place is good, but personally the fact my cats are known and loved and looked after so well .. just had to throw a post in.. its located almost opposite the vet place at Blacklion, if anyone wants to know the name drop me a pm, or I think the Harbour vet clinic reccomend it.. Cloyne Cattery is the name..Cheers...
aynneone is offline  
24-03-2009, 12:53   #27
Sysiphus
Registered User
 
Sysiphus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dublin
Posts: 312
Does anyone know of any dog sitters in the South Dublin/Bray area that could take two dogs for next Saturday night?
We have been let down badly by Yuppie Puppie in Bray. The wife booked the dogs in and confirmed the booking over 5 weeks ago via their website with someone called Barbara. When she went to contact to confirm there was a voicemail message promising a return call. We have since been onto the number 4 times and no response and have also emailed and no response
We are both extremely dissapointed about it. It was our anniversary night and we now have to cancel becuase it is too late now to find an alternative.
Sysiphus is offline  
24-03-2009, 13:30   #28
woofie87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysiphus View Post
Does anyone know of any dog sitters in the South Dublin/Bray area that could take two dogs for next Saturday night?
We have been let down badly by Yuppie Puppie in Bray. The wife booked the dogs in and confirmed the booking over 5 weeks ago via their website with someone called Barbara. When she went to contact to confirm there was a voicemail message promising a return call. We have since been onto the number 4 times and no response and have also emailed and no response
We are both extremely dissapointed about it. It was our anniversary night and we now have to cancel becuase it is too late now to find an alternative.

Is it just for one night? If you PM me your mobile I will forward it to the lady in Bray who took our one when we were going away ( came back to find the dog happy, healthy and rested!). If she can take them she will contact you.
woofie87 is offline  
24-03-2009, 13:45   #29
Sysiphus
Registered User
 
Sysiphus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dublin
Posts: 312
Hi Woofie - that would be very kind of you.
It is two dogs - they are cocker spaniels.
I will ping you my number.
Thanks
S
Sysiphus is offline  
24-03-2009, 14:27   #30
Sysiphus
Registered User
 
Sysiphus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dublin
Posts: 312
Thank you so much woofie87! Your friend called and we are going out to meet tomorrow.
Sysiphus is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search