Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diverting calls

• 17-05-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Im getting a landline phone for the business but im looking to divert the phone to my mobile whenever im out. Do i find this function on a phone or is with the phone service? Thanks in advance

PS: How do you get more stars on your profile?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

tyler_d wrote:
    Im getting a landline phone for the business but im looking to divert the phone to my mobile whenever im out. Do i find this function on a phone or is with the phone service? Thanks in advance

To get more stars you have to use boards.ie alot :)
    Also you can divert calls by going into settings on your phone.Its really easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

tyler_d wrote:

with eircom its called call forwarding.

you possibly have to get them to activate it, search their site for 'eircom call forwarding'

To forward your calls to another number

* Lift receiver.
    * Press *21*
    * Enter the number to which you want to forward your calls (include the area code if it's different to your own).
    * Press #

To switch it off

* Lift receiver.
    * Press #21#

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

the feature i think you are after is called "forward on unanswered" on mobiles.
    i'm not sure if eircom have it as an option though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

tyler_d wrote:

What phone do you have.It should be really easy i dont think you need to contact eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyler_d

I havent got a phone yet. I just wanted to see if i had to buy a phone with the option first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

To answer your question yes its possible and yes its a network service.. not a phone service..Deitritus is right you may have to contact Eircom and tell them to turn on the feature...(to enable you to be able to turn it on and off)... What you do is try it if it dosent work ring them but dont just get them to divert for you get them to change your account so you can activate and de activate it...
    Watch out for the call charges on using this service .. you pay for the diverted call to your mobile.. This may have changed but you used to pay a smallset up charge to activate and de activate it 22 c and 11 c respectively..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

drdre wrote:
    To get more stars you have to use boards.ie alot :)
    Also you can divert calls by going into settings on your phone.Its really easy.

It's a Landline not a mobile:)

Advertisement