Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-08-2006, 11:19   #1
secrecy_ie

Anyone ever do any of the CEAD courses?

You know the adult night classes in NCAD - have applied to do one of the introductory courses myself and will hear in a couple of weeks whether or not I got in. Am an artist already but feel that I need to still learn so much, never went to art college, decided on getting an academic degree - which has really done nothing for me and only in the past couple of years did I realise that art is all I want to do etc......anyway, I will stop waffling about myself, but just wondering if anyone has done any of these courses and what they think of them - and, also if I don't get in (only 16 places done on a lottery basis) could anyone recommend any other classes in Dublin - for professionals now, not beginners.
Advertisement
04-09-2006, 23:21   #2
Húrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecy_ie
You know the adult night classes in NCAD - have applied to do one of the introductory courses myself and will hear in a couple of weeks whether or not I got in. Am an artist already but feel that I need to still learn so much, never went to art college, decided on getting an academic degree - which has really done nothing for me and only in the past couple of years did I realise that art is all I want to do etc......anyway, I will stop waffling about myself, but just wondering if anyone has done any of these courses and what they think of them - and, also if I don't get in (only 16 places done on a lottery basis) could anyone recommend any other classes in Dublin - for professionals now, not beginners.
I have friends who did them and most of them seem to be pretty good, except photography.
05-09-2006, 16:34   #3
thecapitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Húrin
I have friends who did them and most of them seem to be pretty good, except photography.

they have a new photography diploma night course being set up this year I think which is to improve matters I've heard
13-09-2006, 13:23   #4
secrecy_ie

well I got in anyway - woohoo!
14-09-2006, 09:32   #5
beans

Can anyone expand on why the NCAD photography course was put down just then? It was one of a few courses that I had shortlisted as interesting for the future
Advertisement
26-04-2007, 22:56   #6
the_ronan_only

I did the 'drawing as a critical tool' CEAD course in NCAD

I'm an architecture student and there were 2 other architects in the course because apparently architects like to draw.

unfortunately for us there was no exploration into methods of drawing.

we were told to pick a subject/passion and explore it
so we were supposed to bring in our own work every week and be given advice or artists names to look up. it was all a bit open.

it didnt suit me at all because i was too busy to prepare anything for the class, i thought it would be more like different exercises every week.

so eventually i got frustrated for having nothing to talk about and stopped going. other people in the class seemed to develop, but they were older and some of them were merrion square painters.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion