Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nest Thermostat install

• 06-11-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an engineer booked to install my Nest Thermostat on the 13th of this month, I bought one thermostat through the €130 deal with Electric Ireland. Initially I thought the one would do but I have a three zone system (Upstairs, downstairs and HW) so from what I've read it would be best to have two stats. 

I was able to pick up another one on a deal elsewhere so I was wondering if the engineer would install the two units when he comes out next week.

Thanks,

Ken

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Ken,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The technician will just be able to install the Nest purchased from Electric Ireland. All Nest purchases with Electric Ireland come with free installation. 

Customers who require an additional Nest can purchase this through the Electric Ireland shop for 270 euro. The first Nest Thermostat is provided at a special discounted price of 130 euro. Two Nests would cost 400 euro in total if purchased through Electric Ireland.

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife 

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Hi Ken,

The technician will just be able to install the Nest purchased from Electric Ireland. All Nest purchases with Electric Ireland come with free installation. 

Customers who require an additional Nest can purchase this through the Electric Ireland shop for 270 euro. The first Nest Thermostat is provided at a special discounted price of 130 euro. Two Nests would cost 400 euro in total if purchased through Electric Ireland.

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife 

Hi Aoife,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I actually already have the second Nest Thermostat, I'm asking if the engineer would install both when he comes on the 13th.

Thanks,

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Ken,

They can only install the Nest thermostat purchased through Electric Ireland.

The only way a customer can have more than one Nest installed by the technician working on behalf of Electric Ireland is by purchasing the second Nest through Electric Ireland also.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Thanks Una, I'll see if I can install the second one myself once the first one is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but thought better than a new one.
    The_Scary_Man 
    Did you ever get this sorted and the 2nd one installed by yourself or someone else.
    Electric Ireland Reps
    Is this still the case with the install. Would the KN engineer install my own 2nd self purchased Nest? If its the case, Can I just get the Nest I purchased from Electric Ireland sent out to me, that way I can make sure both nests are installed by my own technician, myself at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi VegetaIRL8e,

Installation is included with the purchase of a Nest through Electric Ireland. The technicians from Electric Ireland can only install Nests purchased through Electric Ireland. 

You can purchase two Nests through Electric Ireland, although one will be at the discounted price. It would be €400 in total. Please contact our colleagues in the Home Services Team on 1800 372 333 for more information. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Hi VegetaIRL8e,

Installation is included with the purchase of a Nest through Electric Ireland. The technicians from Electric Ireland can only install Nests purchased through Electric Ireland. 

You can purchase two Nests through Electric Ireland, although one will be at the discounted price. It would be €400 in total. Please contact our colleagues in the Home Services Team on 1800 372 333 for more information. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife,
    Thanks for the reply. However it kinda leave me in a situation where your installer installing one Nest device will cause issue with my heating system.
    I already have a 2nd nest device ready to install.
    You are giving me only an option to buy a 3rd nest (albeit a 2nd from Electric Ireland)

It doesnt make sense for me to buy a 3rd nest. It would be easier if I could just purchase the single nest from yourselves at the discounted price and let me arrange the install separately. Is this really not an option?

• Company Representative Posts: 20 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Glenn

Hi VegetaIRL8e,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We would advise you to contact our Home Services Team regarding this, as they deal with the Nest. You can contact them on freephone 1800 372 333 and an agent will be able to advise. You can also contact them by email at homeservices@electricireland.ie

Kind regards,
    Glenn

Hi VegetaIRL8e,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We would advise you to contact our Home Services Team regarding this, as they deal with the Nest. You can contact them on freephone 1800 372 333 and an agent will be able to advise. You can also contact them by email at homeservices@electricireland.ie

Kind regards,
    Glenn
    Hi Glenn,
    Thank you guys again for the response. I will contact the home service team. :)

Advertisement