If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

43" with centre legs or on a pivot stand

Options
  • 10-05-2021 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice and have a few rambling questions if that's okay.

I'm looking to upgrade an old 32" screen from back when HD Ready was a key selling point.  The problem is that the table/stand it is on is only 66x44cm on the top surface.

From looking, most tvs these days seem to have the legs at the end around 85-90cm apart. 

What I'm thinking is that I keep the existing stand which would be handy, the vodafone tv box and the xbox have their own shelves and it is neat and tidy, get a Sanus FTVS1 which would fit nicely on top mount a tv on that, and then stick a JBL Soundbar between the stand and the top of the tv.

Otherwise I get new stand unit which would need to be a metre long to take end legs, which would be less preferable given how much it would come out into the room, but if it has to be, so be it.

With all that in mind, if that makes sense, have you any ideas or advice.

Tv wise, 43", at least 3 hdmi ports, Netflix, Amazon video, Disney Plus apps would be nice but I can just use the fire stick if not, no specific requirements for sports/motor racing/gaming/just general usage, and would fit on an FTVS1 stand with room for a JBL Soundbar underneath, or legs that might be 80cm apart to fit on a TTAP ELEGANCE 800 or Alphason ESSENTIALS 800W Black?

Ballpark of up to £450 for the tv and then the soundbar and the stand/unit on top of that.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice and have a few rambling questions if that's okay.

I'm looking to upgrade an old 32" screen from back when HD Ready was a key selling point.  The problem is that the table/stand it is on is only 66x44cm on the top surface.

From looking, most tvs these days seem to have the legs at the end around 85-90cm apart. 

What I'm thinking is that I keep the existing stand which would be handy, the vodafone tv box and the xbox have their own shelves and it is neat and tidy, get a Sanus FTVS1 which would fit nicely on top mount a tv on that, and then stick a JBL Soundbar between the stand and the top of the tv.

Otherwise I get new stand unit which would need to be a metre long to take end legs, which would be less preferable given how much it would come out into the room, but if it has to be, so be it.

With all that in mind, if that makes sense, have you any ideas or advice.

Tv wise, 43", at least 3 hdmi ports, Netflix, Amazon video, Disney Plus apps would be nice but I can just use the fire stick if not, no specific requirements for sports/motor racing/gaming/just general usage, and would fit on an FTVS1 stand with room for a JBL Soundbar underneath, or legs that might be 80cm apart to fit on a TTAP ELEGANCE 800 or Alphason ESSENTIALS 800W Black?

Ballpark of up to £450 for the tv and then the soundbar and the stand/unit on top of that.

Thanks
    Hi Davetherave.

Thanks for the post.

There are very few sets with the centre stand but they will all fit the FTVS1 stand by Sanus.

There are really only one set within the £450 budget with a central stand.

Philips 43PUS8500 priced at £449
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204870-philips-43pus8500-series-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If you use the FTVS1 then any set on our site will do the job.
    To get Disney+ its need to be LG, Samsung or Sony.
    There is the Samsung 43TU7020 priced at £379 (Instore Only collection)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-205188-samsung-ue43tu7020-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

At the moment the cheapest Sony is the 43XH8196 priced at £569
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204629-sony-kd43xh8196bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

The JBL soundbar is priced at £99
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204693-jbl-bar-2-0-black-soundbar.aspx

Let me know your thoughts or if any others on our website have caught your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the information, very useful. I hadn't seen the Phillips PUS8500 series, I wasn't looking that high thinking of the overall budget but it would roughly balance out if I didn't have have to get stand for a set over getting the Sanus and something like a 7555, 7805,  or the LG 7100/7300.

That looks the business. One last question if you don't mind and it might be a daft one but bear with me :) 

At this price point bracket is there much of a difference between the Phillips 8500 and the LG 7100/7300. If I was in the mindset of I'm getting something new, it should do what I want it to do, and that includes built-in Disney+, and I'm not, I'm just curious. Would I be daft getting a worse(?) lesser(?) set to have it built in when I can just as easily use a firestick?

I'm fairly sold on the Philips you recommended though.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the information, very useful. I hadn't seen the Phillips PUS8500 series, I wasn't looking that high thinking of the overall budget but it would roughly balance out if I didn't have have to get stand for a set over getting the Sanus and something like a 7555, 7805,  or the LG 7100/7300.

That looks the business. One last question if you don't mind and it might be a daft one but bear with me :) 

At this price point bracket is there much of a difference between the Phillips 8500 and the LG 7100/7300. If I was in the mindset of I'm getting something new, it should do what I want it to do, and that includes built-in Disney+, and I'm not, I'm just curious. Would I be daft getting a worse(?) lesser(?) set to have it built in when I can just as easily use a firestick?

I'm fairly sold on the Philips you recommended though.
    Thanks for getting back to us davetherave!

The Philips is a big step up over the LG as it has a local dimming panel as well as Dolby Vision support for Netflix and Disney+. The smart hub is also Android which is a great operating system!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Ah perfect, that's great. I'll grab that and the soundbar shortly. 

Thanks for the help.

Ah perfect, that's great. I'll grab that and the soundbar shortly. 

Thanks for the help.
    No problem at all davetherave, let me know if you need anything else!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

The two of them arrived in today. Thanks for all the advice, would have no trouble recommending you.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The two of them arrived in today. Thanks for all the advice, would have no trouble recommending you.
    Hey Davetherave.

Excellent that you are up and running and enjoying the new system :)

Thanks again for the business we really do appreciate it.

If we can help in anyway in future please let us know.

Hey Davetherave.

Very happy with the new set, don't know I survived for so long on something that was only 720p. 

Funnily enough there might be something you can help me with, and I suppose if I was organised and had ordered everything at the same time last week there might have been a better chance, but no harm in asking. If I was to get the 50PUS8555 and another JBL soundbar would there be any movement or best price on it? 
    My Dad saw this one and he wants one, also upgrading from an old plasma from the year dot that the 50" version would only be about 4cm wider with the big frame on the old one.

Thanks again.

Hey Davetherave.

Very happy with the new set, don't know I survived for so long on something that was only 720p. 

Funnily enough there might be something you can help me with, and I suppose if I was organised and had ordered everything at the same time last week there might have been a better chance, but no harm in asking. If I was to get the 50PUS8555 and another JBL soundbar would there be any movement or best price on it? 
    My Dad saw this one and he wants one, also upgrading from an old plasma from the year dot that the 50" version would only be about 4cm wider with the big frame on the old one.

Thanks again.

We'll always try to do our best pricing for Boards customers but on those particular items I don't have much movement! The JBL has dropped by another £10 though to £89 and I can include free shipping to you if you would like to pay in sterling?

I have both in stock and ready to go!

Kind regards

David

We'll always try to do our best pricing for Boards customers but on those particular items I don't have much movement! The JBL has dropped by another £10 though to £89 and I can include free shipping to you if you would like to pay in sterling?

Kind regards

David
    Sounds good, I hadn't spotted the JBL had been reduced, must have only been today or yesterday. Will I do it online, or do you want me to give you a call?

• Advertisement

Kind regards

David
    Sounds good, I hadn't spotted the JBL had been reduced, must have only been today or yesterday. Will I do it online, or do you want me to give you a call?
    Hi davetherave,

You can put the order through online or I can give you a call back, whichever is easiest for you!

It is quicker for you on the web though if you want to go through the website!

Let me know what suits!

Kind regards

David

No problem, have just done that online now.

Thanks.

No problem, have just done that online now.

Thanks.
    Thanks so much for the order Davetherave, it's very much appreciated!

We'll get that sorted asap for you!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.