If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon/Marantz HDMI 2.1 4K/120Hz & 8K Incompatibility Solution!!

• 06-05-2021 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭

Hi John and Co.

I purchased a Denon AVR-X2700H off your good selves back in February, which appears to be a model with the problem.

Do you have any more details on Denon's 'free' solution to the HDMI 2.1 issue?

It is a horrible bodge, which will hit sales until they release revised models:
    http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
    https://avgadgets.com/denon-marantz-hdmi-2-1-solution-spk618-adapter-free/

Will it even be available 'free' to customers leaving Ireland?  If so, any idea of how and when?

Do you seen any chance Denon will swap effected units, rather than expecting customers to put up with an extra cables, box and power supply?

Thanks,
    Tow.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,071 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Tow wrote: »
    Hi John and Co.

I purchased a Denon AVR-X2700H off your good selves back in February, which appears to be a model with the problem.

Do you have any more details on Denon's 'free' solution to the HDMI 2.1 issue?

It is a horrible bodge, which will hit sales until they release revised models:
       http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
       https://avgadgets.com/denon-marantz-hdmi-2-1-solution-spk618-adapter-free/

Will it even be available 'free' to customers leaving Ireland?  If so, any idea of how and when?

Do you seen any chance Denon will swap effected units, rather than expecting customers to put up with an extra cables, box and power supply?

Thanks,
    Tow.
    Hi Tow.

Thanks for the email.

Denon will have their fix released towards the end of May and it will be free to all customers who have purchased an effected product.
    The only issue there seems to be with them is relating to the NEW X Box.

There might be another fix in the future but unfortunately that will be down to Denon.

You could contact Denon directly and see if they are willing to offer you anything else but as it only seems to effect the NEW X box I can't see them doing anything as they are releasing the adaptor free of charge to everyone who has purchased one of the units.

The issue as not effected the sales of their products at all. Denon AV receivers continue to be our biggest selling receivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Tow

Thanks Kenny,

It will be interesting to see what happens.
    Regarding sales, they my 2700 is a fine piece of kit. But like all these things it people expect a new revision they will hold off purchasing to see what happens.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Thanks Kenny,

It will be interesting to see what happens.
    Regarding sales, they my 2700 is a fine piece of kit. But like all these things it people expect a new revision they will hold off purchasing to see what happens.
    Hey Tow.

Its like with all products unfortunately , they get replaced every year with a few exceptions replacing every two years.
    Each year there is something new to add and tweak.

Keep your eye on the Denon website and they will put up a link once the dongle I released and they can be obtained free of charge via it.

For those who qualify, the registration is to receive the free HDMI adaptor is now open: http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
    Simple enough process, enter name, email, address, product, serial number and where and when bought.  Confirmation is send back to you via email.  However, the site does not have a security certificate, so your details are sent un encrypted and the link to 'Terms and Conditions' you need to agree to does not work.

553117.jpg

For those who qualify, the registration is to receive the free HDMI adaptor is now open: http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
    Simple enough process, enter name, email, address, product, serial number and where and when bought.  Confirmation is send back to you via email.  However, the site does not have a security certificate, so your details are sent un encrypted.
    Thanks for the update Tow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This 'fix' is unacceptable in my opinion. I, for one, don't have a spare socket for this adapter, nor do I want more clutter in below my tv.

The product I purchased doesn't handle 4k 120hz as advertised. Can I return my unit for a refund?

Still awaiting a return call about the faulty Bluetooth/WiFi antenna on my unit also.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Liamalone wrote: »
    This 'fix' is unacceptable in my opinion. I, for one, don't have a spare socket for this adapter, nor do I want more clutter in below my tv.

The product I purchased doesn't handle 4k 120hz as advertised. Can I return my unit for a refund?

Still awaiting a return call about the faulty Bluetooth/WiFi antenna on my unit also.
    Sent you a PM Liamalone

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Keoin18

Hey guys,
    On this same topic, are the current Denon and Marantz receivers, I presume for this issue to be fixed it will be in the next hardware cycle? Do you know when the next models are due out (or usually when they are released?)

Thanks

Keoin18 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    On this same topic, are the current Denon and Marantz receivers, I presume for this issue to be fixed it will be in the next hardware cycle? Do you know when the next models are due out (or usually when they are released?)

Thanks
    Hi Keoin18.

Thanks for the post.

Denon have released a free adaptor that fixes the issue with any of there effected receivers.
    The link is listed in one of the posted above :)

There has been no mention of new receivers as of yet.
    There is a chip shortage that has put everything back by sometime.

As soon as we know of any new models will will post it up on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Keoin18

Hey guys,

Thanks
    Hi Keoin18.

Thanks for the post.

Denon have released a free adaptor that fixes the issue with any of there effected receivers.

Thanks guys!

Eoin

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Thanks
    Hi Keoin18.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks guys!

Eoin
    No problem Eoin.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys - I would use this link which is dedicated for Europe and which is an encrypted site ;):

https://www.denon.com/en-gb/hdmiadapter

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

The US Denon website appears to have forwarded the details to Denon UK.  I hope they have more sense than to post the adaptor from the 'Mainland'.  I am sure Denon have several European operations they can send the adaptor from.

554223.png

The US Denon website appears to have forwarded the details to Denon UK.  I hope they have more sense than to post the adaptor from the 'Mainland'.  I am sure Denon have several European operations they can send the adaptor from.

554223.png
    Hey Tow.

I'm not sure where they would ship the adaptor from to be honest.

It could just be Denon UK arranging it.

Keep us posted on its progress.

Guys,

Denon UK ( or more correctly SOUND UNITED UK) look after sales of all Denon and Marantz products into UK / Ireland - however virtually all these products are despatched out of their EU logistics facility - so I don't imagine that there will be any issue - TBH there appears to be more issues getting products from SOUND UNITED into the UK 'mainland' than Ireland at the moment..

Hope that's helpful,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Block (8

Just to update this thread, received the hdmi adapter this afternoon.

It was left on my porch while I was mowing the lawn at the back. The package is sent from sound united Netherlands by dhl. Received an email this morning from dhl of the delivery.

Block (8 wrote: »
    Just to update this thread, received the hdmi adapter this afternoon.

It was left on my porch while I was mowing the lawn at the back. The package is sent from sound united Netherlands by dhl. Received an email this morning from dhl of the delivery.
    Thanks for the update Block (8, let me know how you get on setting it up!

Kind regards

David

'It was left on my porch while I was mowing the lawn at the back. The package is sent from sound united Netherlands by dhl. Received an email this morning from dhl of the delivery.'

:eek: Ah you just can't beat using a premium courier ( DHL) :mad:

Block8 - thanks for the update, apologies for the way DHL delivered it to you, we will pass the feedback onto the guys at Denon..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Hi,

Is there any chance a revised/ updated Denon AVRX2700 would be released any time soon? I take the point regarding chip shortage, but it seems to me, with this adapter being available, they could produce a receiver that would basically have it built-in, surely ?

Also, what's the difference between the AVRX2700 and AVRX2700H - or is it the same thing?

Hi Gunter_Gloop.

Thanks for the post.

I haven't heard anything about them building the adaptor into the 2700 unfortunately.

There has been some high end 2021 versions launched with the issue corrected. o I would say any other NEW models will also have it fixed.

The AVRX2700H is just the full model number. The 2700 and 2700H are the same product.

Stock on the 2700 has currently ran out and we are awaiting an ETA for more to arrive into us.

• Advertisement

Hi again,

I noticed you have these available/ coming in, so I've just bought one. Any news on if the hdmi adaptor is included in the pack or will I still have to contact Denon?

Also, I meant to get a Teac TN175 turntable also. How can I add this to the order?

Hi Gunther_Gloop,

Denon have just announced that the newer models will have HDMI2.1 and VRR support built in however we just need to check that the serial numbers are included in the batch when they land!

If you order the TN175 online we can link it with your order!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Did you have a chance yet to confirm if the fix IS in fact built in with these amps?

I've had the turntable added too, thanks.

Hi Gunther_Gloop,

The AVCX3700 have just arrived in store and are in teh batch with the upgraded chip set, I'm just waiting for the AVRX2700s landing so I can confirm the serial numbers of them!

They'll hopefully be in this week!

David

Hi David,

My AVRX2700 is in transit. Can you confirm yet that it has the upgraded chip set? Would be great if so. ?

Hi Gunther_Gloop,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

We received a huge batch in but they are not the upgraded versions unfortunately! I don't actually know when these are being released but the hardware upgrade is still available from Denon free of charge if you go to their website and provide the serial number.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.