If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

55" TV 1k euro budget

• 07-05-2021 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Lads,

Back this time with enquire about TV. What would you recommend in 1k euro budget. Prefer Sony or Philips, not interested in Oled or Qled. Sound not that important as mostly goes through Marantz and MA I got few years back from yous. I want the best picture quality I can get for that kind of money so I can watch Netflix, HBO and Disney and enjoy with glass of whiskey ;)

Thank you

Comments

I think you cant go wrong with SAMSUNG...... curry's pc world site is great, either 55 or 58 inch ultra HD around the €800 mark inc free delivery. Picture quality AND sound delivery are top notch & they're Netflix  aligned... so its just a double press on the dedicated Netflix button to resume watching. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I think you cant go wrong with SAMSUNG...... curry's pc world site is great, either 55 or 58 inch ultra HD around the €800 mark inc free delivery. Picture quality AND sound delivery are top notch & they're Netflix  aligned... so its just a double press on the dedicated Netflix button to resume watching. 

Hi Ken McCarthy.

Please read the Charter before posting on our Forum.
    This forum is for Richersounds to answer questions put to us. 

Hi Lads,

Back this time with enquire about TV. What would you recommend in 1k euro budget. Prefer Sony or Philips, not interested in Oled or Qled. Sound not that important as mostly goes through Marantz and MA I got few years back from yous. I want the best picture quality I can get for that kind of money so I can watch Netflix, HBO and Disney and enjoy with glass of whiskey ;)

Thank you
    Hi SebastianLoeb.

Thanks for the post.

I would go for the Sony 55XH9005 coming in at 919 Euro.
    One of the best LED's on the market. 10 Bit panel, It's also full array.

If you could be tempted by OLEd then Philips have the 55OLED705 at just 999 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205281-philips-55oled705-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Ken McCarthy.

Whoooa there kenny boy.....op posted a question on an open form, I replied with my opinion, obviously you seem to put out by this as your simply advertising products.

Hi Ken McCarthy.

Whoooa there kenny boy.....op posted a question on an open form, I replied with my opinion, obviously you seem to put out by this as your simply advertising products.
    Hi Ken.

This is the Richersounds section of Boards.ie and yes it is for us to sell our products to our customers or potential customers.
    While Boards is a public forum this section is for us to deal with our customers.

Coming onto the Richersound section and telling our potential customers to go to Currys is in bad sport.
    If there is a valid price beat with another retailer there is no issue in posting a link but the OP did not ask about Samsung TV's.
    He asked us to give him details on Philips or Sony.

Please read the Charter and you will see the rules for posting here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 SebastianLoeb

Hi SebastianLoeb.

Thanks for the post.

If you could be tempted by OLEd then Philips have the 55OLED705 at just 999 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205281-philips-55oled705-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Would you have 55xh9005 in stock? 6years warranty and free delivery included?

Hi SebastianLoeb.

Thanks for the post.

Would you have 55xh9005 in stock? 6years warranty and free delivery included?
    Hi SebastianLoeb.

Thanks for coming back to me.

The 55XH9005 is in stock and can be purchased directly via the link below:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205251-sony-ke55xh9005bu-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

The 919 Euro price includes shipping and our VIP 6 year guarantee is included free of chrge.

Any issues please let me know :)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Ken McCarthy.

Ken Mc Carthy, please don't post in this thread again until you have read the forum charter and understood that this particular forum is the Richersounds forum where Richersounds engage with their customers and potential customers about their products. Advertising or recommending other retailers is not permitted in here, it's the online equivalent of going into their shop and telling customers to go down the road to another retailer. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.