Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I open a new personal account while still in the Philippines?

Options
  • 02-05-2021 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently got hired by an Irish company and pending approval of my CSEP. My employer advised that it will take about 3 months for my permit and visa to be approved. I already started working from home last week. Company's HR manager advised that I will only receive my salary when I open a bank account in Ireland hence my question above. I found a link that seems to be able to address my concern but I prefer to have a bank officer confirm this and provide more information. I appreciate your advice on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

If you have been told that the work permit and visa are going to take three months to organise and be issued them you will legally not entitled to work and earn and them be paid the salary until that time has passed.

Sounds like yet another scam.

Any word from BofI about all the non resident accounts opened here them put online with email adresse and then used to funnel cash around in from overseas?

Some Brazillians in work openly trade these accounts and are shameless in explaining how much money they make from them. Visa scam, payment scam and personal identity scam all rolled into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lazerchest43

If you have been told that the work permit and visa are going to take three months to organise and be issued them you will legally not entitled to work and earn and them be paid the salary until that time has passed.

Sounds like yet another scam.

Any word from BofI about all the non resident accounts opened here them put online with email adresse and then used to funnel cash around in from overseas?

Some Brazillians in work openly trade these accounts and are shameless in explaining how much money they make from them. Visa scam, payment scam and personal identity scam all rolled into one.
    Thank you for your response. I believe it is not a scam as the company and it's client are both globally renowned companies. The terms of my employment and payroll are clearly stated in the employment contract which I signed prior to my start date. Whether I am physically working in Ireland or Philippines, I believe I am entitled for the salary as I am legally and contractually obligated by my company. My only concern at the moment is whether I can open an Irish bank account whilst I am working abroad. Thank you and have a good day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

I recently got hired by an Irish company and pending approval of my CSEP. My employer advised that it will take about 3 months for my permit and visa to be approved. I already started working from home last week. Company's HR manager advised that I will only receive my salary when I open a bank account in Ireland hence my question above. I found a link that seems to be able to address my concern but I prefer to have a bank officer confirm this and provide more information. I appreciate your advice on this.
    Hi Lazerchest43,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today and we're glad to hear you're interested in opening an account with ourselves. We see you have sent us a PM and we have responded to your query there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement