Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Agent Wouldn't Believe My Wife Is Female

Options
  • 30-04-2021 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Myself and my wife have a mortgage and a loan account with BOI, my wife rang to enquire about balance on the account and agent refused to deal with her.

My wife has a name that can be either male or female, and agent did not believe that my wife was account holder - believing that account holder should have been male.

How can this happen in this day and age? I'm absolutely disgusted with how the agent dealt with my wife.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Iguarantee

Smiley012 wrote: »
    Myself and my wife have a mortgage and a loan account with BOI, my wife rang to enquire about balance on the account and agent refused to deal with her.

My wife has a name that can be either male or female, and agent did not believe that my wife was account holder - believing that account holder should have been male.

How can this happen in this day and age? I'm absolutely disgusted with how the agent dealt with my wife.
    Firstly, that is an unfortunate situation to be in.

Secondly, the agent was (likely) protecting the integrity of your account/details which I would be glad of despite the obvious inconvenience they caused. Of course, I'm assuming they weren't absolute clowns in how they dealt with the matter.

If you feel this was unfair or wrong, seems likely you do, then I'd ring Bank of Ireland and lodge a complaint. You can pretty much guarantee your call was recorded so ask them to play it back to you while you're on the phone (I believe they have this facility).

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Smiley012 wrote: »

Thanks Smiley012 for taking the time to get in touch today. 

We are sorry to hear this was your wife's experience with a colleague, please pass on our apologies to your wife. 

If your wife would like to officially look into this, this link here will provide you with more information. 

Hoping this helps,

Many thanks,
    Alison. 

Advertisement