If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Q 2700 Replacement

• 19-04-2021 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I recently got purchased the Ben Q 2700 from you. Order No 141451.
    I would like to replace it with a higher tier model like the Epson 6050 or a LG Cinebeam.
    Could you please contact me or pm for further discussion.

Thanks 

James

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I would like to replace it with a higher tier model like the Epson 6050 or a LG Cinebeam.

Thanks 

James
    Hi Jimmy2Shoes222.

I will get one of the guys to call you ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jimmy2shoes222

Hi,

Thanks 

James
    Hi Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi David,

I received your voice message. I tried to ring back but the number on the website doesn't seem to be working for me.
    If you can ring again today hopefully I won't be out of coverage.

Thanks

James    

• Company Representative Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

Thanks 

James
    Hi Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi David,

I received your voice message. I tried to ring back but the number on the website doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks

James    
    Hi James,

I will try you again asap.

Kind regards

David

Hi,

Thanks 

James
    Hi Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi David,

Thanks

James    
    Hi James,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Just a reminder to ring me in case you forgot :)

Thanks

James

Hi,

Thanks 

James
    Hi Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi David,

Thanks

James    
    Hi James,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Just a reminder to ring me in case you forgot :)

Thanks

James
    Hi James, we'll try again!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David,

Just got of the phone there with one the reps. It seems that I have to pay a 15% handling charge plus the cost of the delivery. That's 250 euro plus delivery with insurance. 

Now if I were just to be sending the projector back and not replacing it with another more expensive one, I would still be a little upset in the charge I have to pay. Which BTW I failed to see this charge been stated in the website on the returns conditions.

The rep I was talking to seem to have little interest in what projector I was looking to upgrade too. I was willing there and then to order the new projector so as I will have as little down-time as possible. There was little to no negotiations or compromises giving that I was willing to spend more money.

In the last two years I have spend upwards of 5k with the LG C9 65" and two SVS PB3000's. Not that I'm made of money but this handling charge is a bit too much IMHO. Now I have to factor this cost on top of what I would like to upgrade to. 

I hope this can be resolved as I have always enjoyed your top notch support and wish for it to continue. 

Thank you

James 

Hi David,

Just got of the phone there with one the reps. It seems that I have to pay a 15% handling charge plus the cost of the delivery. That's 250 euro plus delivery with insurance. 

Now if I were just to be sending the projector back and not replacing it with another more expensive one, I would still be a little upset in the charge I have to pay. Which BTW I failed to see this charge been stated in the website on the returns conditions.

The rep I was talking to seem to have little interest in what projector I was looking to upgrade too. I was willing there and then to order the new projector so as I will have as little down-time as possible. There was little to no negotiations or compromises giving that I was willing to spend more money.

In the last two years I have spend upwards of 5k with the LG C9 65" and two SVS PB3000's. Not that I'm made of money but this handling charge is a bit too much IMHO. Now I have to factor this cost on top of what I would like to upgrade to. 

I hope this can be resolved as I have always enjoyed your top notch support and wish for it to continue. 

Thank you

James 
    Hi Jimmy2Shoes222.

The handling charge is standard on our returns as we are then have to sell the returned product as 2nd hand in clearance.
    It may have been added to your projector because of the hours it's been used? Normally you would only be able to perform the actions you would if demoing in store. If there has been excessive use then a handling fee is charged.
    Did the sales colleague explain what why the handling fee was being applied?

It does state on our website that if returned goods are not in "As New" condition then a handling charge may be applied.
    So if there was a lot of hours on the bulb then it would not be in "As New" condition.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/t-returns.aspx

Did my colleague ask how many hours where on the bulb?

The return of unwanted goods is up to the responsibility of the customer unfortunately.
    We only collet items that are faulty within the first 30 days for replacement.

Which projector was it that you were maybe interested in switching too?

Hi, 

Yes I understand that projectors may be different in this sense giving it has a finite amount of use before changing bulbs. In a perfect world :)  I would have loved to come up to the store and demo the projectors before buying but unfortunately this is not the case.

The sales colleague neither asked for the amount of hours used on the bulb neither did he give a detailed explanation on why the handling fee was been charged. He was polite on the phone but left little to be desired in the sales department.  The conversation was brief and was concluded that I would send back the projector and then order the projector I wanted. He was to send me a e-mail on details for return shipping which I am still waiting on.

The upgrade I'm interested in was the Epson EH-TW9400 but with the handling fee + Delivery it's going to stretch my budget too far. 

I could almost get two official W2700 bulbs for 300 euro.
    https://shop.benq.eu/eu-buy/w2700-lamp.html

I'd be better off keeping it at this stage and selling it on adverts if I want to upgrade later on

Thanks

James

P.S The projector is fantastic btw and well deserves the reviews it got and it's price to performance is amazing. The only issue I have is the dynamic range is not as good as I would like it to be. In terms of it's operation it's flawless without any issues that owners have had in the past like split screen a bad mechanical noised coming from the iris.   

Hi, 

Yes I understand that projectors may be different in this sense giving it has a finite amount of use before changing bulbs. In a perfect world :)  I would have loved to come up to the store and demo the projectors before buying but unfortunately this is not the case.

The sales colleague neither asked for the amount of hours used on the bulb neither did he give a detailed explanation on why the handling fee was been charged. He was polite on the phone but left little to be desired in the sales department.  The conversation was brief and was concluded that I would send back the projector and then order the projector I wanted. He was to send me a e-mail on details for return shipping which I am still waiting on.

The upgrade I'm interested in was the Epson EH-TW9400 but with the handling fee + Delivery it's going to stretch my budget too far. 

I'd be better off keeping it at this stage and selling it on adverts if I want to upgrade later on

Thanks

James

P.S The projector is fantastic btw and well deserves the reviews it got and it's price to performance is amazing. The only issue I have is the dynamic range is not as good as I would like it to be. In terms of it's operation it's flawless without any issues that owners have had in the past like split screen a bad mechanical noised coming from the iris.   
    Hey Jimmy2Shoes222.

I'll give you a call for a little chat :) 

Is there a time that suits or is anytime good?

Hi, 

Thanks

James

Hey Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi,

Ya that sounds good. I just finished work so I am free the rest of the day, so anytime today is okay with me

Thanks 

James 

• Advertisement

Hi, 

Thanks

James

Hey Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi,

Ya that sounds good. I just finished work so I am free the rest of the day, so anytime today is okay with me

Thanks 

James 
    Hey James.

No problem at all, I'll give you a call at 2:30PM :)

Hi, 

Thanks

James

Hey Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi,

Thanks 

James 
    Hey James.

Hi Kenny,

Is there any update to our prior conversation on the phone?

Thanks

James

Hi, 

Thanks

James

Hey Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi,

Thanks 

James 
    Hey James.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks

James
    Hey James.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I had been off for a few days there.

We will drop you a call ASAP :)

Hi, 

Thanks

James

Hey Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi,

Thanks 

James 
    Hey James.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks

James
    Hey James.

Hi,

I see the LG HU810PW is listed on the Irish website, if the Epson TW9400 is not in stock at the moment I would be interested in the LG instead. If the LG is not in stock I will wait for the Epson or whatever is available first.

Thanks

James 

Hi, 

Thanks

James

Hey Jimmy2Shoes222.

Hi,

Thanks 

James 
    Hey James.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks

James
    Hey James.

Hi,

I see the LG HU810PW is listed on the Irish website, if the Epson TW9400 is not in stock at the moment I would be interested in the LG instead. If the LG is not in stock I will wait for the Epson or whatever is available first.

Thanks

James 

Hey James.

I've checked on the HU810PW and its showing as coming soon on our .co.uk site:
    https://www.richersounds.com/lg-hu810p-white.html

Form our stock listing we hope to have them arriving over the next few days to a week. This is the same time scale given for the 9400 also.
    Of course this could change without notice and until they are showing booked in at the warehouse I can't be 100% which day they will arrive.

I can keep my eye on both of them arriving and which ever lands first I can let you know and we can take it from there :)

Hi,

I believe you got the projector in. If you can give me a ring we can settle the details

Thanks

James 

Hi,

I believe you got the projector in. If you can give me a ring we can settle the details

Thanks

James 
    Hi jimmy2shows222,

Thanks for the post!

Our tills our closed for the evening but I will ask Stephen to give you a call asap to get that processed!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.