Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland tablet banking? where is app gone and when will it be updated?

Options
  • 09-03-2021 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi, Just was on  google playstore and the existing app for BOI tablet banking is gone? I got a email in January stating that tablet banking was going to be updated and you would have to delete existing app etc when its done.... No emails since on tablet banking?
    ... Very handy to have tablet banking but dont want to delete existing app from my tablet till new app is in google playstore.
    BOI reps...Can you give us an update on this and when new app will be released and in Playstore for download. January to March is more than a few weeks as per email sent out?
    Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

dimma wrote: »
    Hi, Just was on  google playstore and the existing app for BOI tablet banking is gone? I got a email in January stating that tablet banking was going to be updated and you would have to delete existing app etc when its done.... No emails since on tablet banking?
    ... Very handy to have tablet banking but dont want to delete existing app from my tablet till new app is in google playstore.
    BOI reps...Can you give us an update on this and when new app will be released and in Playstore for download. January to March is more than a few weeks as per email sent out?
    Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today on Boards.ie.

We have launched a new app for your tablet. To continue banking on your tablet, please delete the current tablet app and download the new Bank of Ireland app from the Google Playstore. 

If you require any help, our mobile app team are available on 0818200362. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

We have launched a new app for your tablet. To continue banking on your tablet, please delete the current tablet app and download the new Bank of Ireland app from the Google Playstore. 

If you require any help, our mobile app team are available on 0818200362. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Thats my point...where is the new app in the google playstore?? Its not there as far as I can see...
    It is not on the google play store and if it is what is it called???
    Do I have to delet old one before I see it in the Google playstore..that does not make sense????
    Its not there

Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Thats my point...where is the new app in the google playstore?? Its not there as far as I can see...
    Do I have to delet old one before I see it in the Google playstore..that does not make sense????
    Its not there
    Thanks for getting back to me. 

If you type BOI Mobile into the playstore this should show up for you. Your device will need to have Android version 6 or above to be compatible with the app. You wouldn't need to delete the old app in order to find the new one, it should be available to you through the playstore when you search BOI Mobile.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Its not there

If you type BOI Mobile into the playstore this should show up for you. Your device will need to have Android version 6 or above to be compatible with the app. You wouldn't need to delete the old app in order to find the new one, it should be available to you through the playstore when you search BOI Mobile.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi ya,,I am running android 8 and its not there at all...pretty ok with tech but your app is not availible for tablets on the app store?
    Its on my phone and the app store there but not on the tablet via app store.
    Can you please feed this back???  So as far as I can see its availible for mobile phones but not tablet yet...Can anybody else confirm its not on the app store if you are looking on a tablet
    BOI reps please feed this back or try finding yourselfs on a tablet

Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Its not there

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi ya,,I am running android 8 and its not there at all...pretty ok with tech but your app is not availible for tablets on the app store?
    Can you please feed this back???  So as far as I can see its availible for mobile phones but not tablet yet...Can anybody else confirm its not on the app store if you are looking on a tablet
    Thanks for getting back to me again. 

I have double checked this for you and if you type BOI App into the app store, it should be the first app that shows on the list. It is named 'Bank of Ireland Mobile App'. The tablet app is the same as the mobile app. 

Let me know if you can locate this. 

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Advertisement

Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Its not there

Many thanks,
    Megan

I have double checked this for you and if you type BOI App into the app store, it should be the first app that shows on the list. It is named 'Bank of Ireland Mobile App'. The tablet app is the same as the mobile app. 

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi I have figured out the issue, 
    Seems even though tablet is version 9 android it is running android "go" software and this has a slight differance in the 
    google playstore as opposed to full android software. Can you please feedback as to why new tablet mobile app is not on android "go" software as opposed to full android (AIB,TSB etc apps are on Android go software) .
    This might be an oversight that needs fixing,,, No other reason why the app should not be in the playstore for Android go... 
    BTW I have checked every which way and its not there so 100% its due to not being put on Android "go" software.
    .please feed back to developers..
    Thanks for your time
    Thanks for your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Its not there

Many thanks,
    Megan

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Seems even though tablet is version 9 android it is running android "go" software and this has a slight differance in the 
    google playstore as opposed to full android software. Can you please feedback as to why new tablet mobile app is not on android "go" software as opposed to full android (AIB,TSB etc apps are on Android go software) .
    This might be an oversight that needs fixing,,, No other reason why the app should not be in the playstore for Android go... 
    BTW I have checked every which way and its not there so 100% its due to not being put on Android "go" software.
    Thanks for your time
    Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this. 

We've checked internally with our Team and they have advised it should be visible on your device for you. 

If you could try these trouble shooting steps and please let us know if this helps. 
    1. Open your device's main Settings app.
    2. Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
    3. Tap Google Play Store.
    4. Tap Storage.
    5. Tap CLEAR CACHE > OK.
    6. Tap CLEAR DATA > OK.
    7. Tap the back arrow to go back to the main menu.
    8. Select Downloads or Download Manager.
    9. Tap CLEAR CACHE > OK.
    10. Tap CLEAR DATA > OK.
    11. Relaunch the app.
    [*]

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma,

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Its not there

Many thanks,
    Megan

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Thanks for your time
    Thanks for your time.
    Hi dimma

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this. 

We've checked internally with our Team and they have advised it should be visible on your device for you. 

If you could try these trouble shooting steps and please let us know if this helps. 
    • Open your device's main Settings app.
    • Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
    • Tap Google Play Store.
    • Tap Storage.
    • Tap CLEAR CACHE > OK.
    • Tap CLEAR DATA > OK.
    • Tap the back arrow to go back to the main menu.
    • Select Downloads or Download Manager.
    • Tap CLEAR CACHE > OK.
    • Tap CLEAR DATA > OK.
    • Relaunch the app.

[*]

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison
    [*]
    Hi Alison, Thank ou for the mail. Tried the above and it made no differance. The app is not availible for some reason in the app store on Android OREO 8.1 google playstore............
    Can you feed this back to the developers please. Thanks for your continued help and hope to hear next move. Really dont want to have to buy another tablet just to get a banking app....as stated, AIB etc are there but not the BOI mobile app?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

[*]Hi Alison, Thank ou for the mail. Tried the above and it made no differance. The app is not availible for some reason in the app store on Android OREO 8.1 google playstore............
    Can you feed this back to the developers please. Thanks for your continued help and hope to hear next move. Really dont want to have to buy another tablet just to get a banking app....as stated, AIB etc are there but not the BOI mobile app?????
    [*]
    Thanks for getting back to us on this Dimma,

We have responded to your PM in relation to this and will absolutely sahre this with the development team.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Hello, rather than starting a new thread will piggyback on this. Have an iPad, downloaded the new app and deleted the old. Only issue is can’t get it to rotate in landscape mode...which means the way I use the tablet I’m looking at the screen sideways. Am I missing something simple? Thanks

• Advertisement

gebbel wrote: »
    Hello, rather than starting a new thread will piggyback on this. Have an iPad, downloaded the new app and deleted the old. Only issue is can’t get it to rotate in landscape mode...which means the way I use the tablet I’m looking at the screen sideways. Am I missing something simple? Thanks
    Hi Gebbel,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

At the moment, the tablet app is only available in portrait mode. We will continue to work with customers to add features that they want the most to the mobile/tablet apps

We appreciate you taking the time to pass on your feedback about this and I will be sure to share this with the relevant team.

Have a lovely day and take care. 

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sobriain

Landscape mode not available in ios version either.
    I use a physically attached keyboard on my Ipad.
    App is of no use unless it rotates to landscape mode.
    Not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Sobriain wrote: »
    Landscape mode not available in ios version either.
    I use a physically attached keyboard on my Ipad.
    App is of no use unless it rotates to landscape mode.
    Not impressed.
    Hi Sobriain, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

We really appreciate you sharing your feedback on this with us here. Please be assured that we will pass it along to the relevant team. 

If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement