Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 365 online website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Reading on here & the recent reviews on the play store of the 365 app, the reviews are horrific.

Who did BOI engage to implement/upgrade and roll out the app?

Good question. Looks like it's these clowns?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/bank-of-ireland-to-outsource-200-technology-roles-to-accenture-1.1715622?mode=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

swoofer wrote: »
    In a way I am relieved that I am not alone in this debacle but saddened that a Banking organisation will or are allowed to develop a system that is so poorly designed it borders on the amateurish.  And now hearing that the PSK method is just as bad fills me with dread. 

It should not be an exercise in agony to log on to ones bank, check balances, xfr money etc.

I tried last night and ended up logged in on desktop and phone!!  Surely this cant be right.

And the normal method that was available has been closed down.  i know BOI outsourced the IT department this must be their way of getting revenge.  

The swipe does not work for me.

Can COMREG  do anything?

How do I request PSK again, as i did it aleady and have heard nothing?
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

If you have ordered a PSK please be advise that it takes 5-7 working days to arrive. You can certainly contact our Mobile Migration Team on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues would be able to look into this for you and offer further guidance. 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here. Please be assured we will pass it along to the relevant team. 

Thanks, Eve 

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I have explained to Boi that due to my disability I cannot use a smart phone or tablet and the solution was to get me to ring a help line to access my account. 

Hmm what part of I cannot use a phone is difficult to understand? 

Boi how do I close my account as I'd rather bank with someone that does not discriminate? 
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

Please be assured that if you do not us a smartphone or tablet that you can certainly order a Physical Security Key (PSK) to access your online banking. 

You can order a PSK online by going to the Bank of Ireland website and click to log in to Banking 365. Once you've input your User ID and DOB you should be taken to a option to order a PSK online. 

Alternatively you can certainly contact our Mobile Migration Team on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues would certainly be able to assist you further. 

I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Hi All, 

Thanks for joining the thread. 

Thanks so much for the feedback on the new site. Just a reminder that the phone is needed for PSD2 requirements. We will be passing on your experiences to our Online Development Team. 

Many thanks
    Alison
    What if someone doesn't want to use a phone or tablet?
    Provided you have never used the phone app you can get a Personal Security Key https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/ ;
    I don't want to do my banking on a phone or tablet.  I want to do it on my desktop computer just as I always have.
    Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie. 

Please be assured that you can still access your Banking 365 on your desktop by using a PSK. 

You can order a PSK online by following the steps provided by my colleague, Alison, in her post. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

Hi All, 

Thanks for joining the thread. 

Thanks so much for the feedback on the new site. Just a reminder that the phone is needed for PSD2 requirements. We will be passing on your experiences to our Online Development Team. 

Many thanks
    Alison
    What if someone doesn't want to use a phone or tablet?
    Provided you have never used the phone app you can get a Personal Security Key https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/ ;
    I don't want to do my banking on a phone or tablet.  I want to do it on my desktop computer just as I always have.
    Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie. 

Please be assured that you can still access your Banking 365 on your desktop by using a PSK. 

You can order a PSK online by following the steps provided by my colleague, Alison, in her post. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭swoofer

Thank you for reply.  Can I have a PSK and a smartphone with my accounts?

I tried again today and as its daylight I can see phone better but when I swipe it still asks me to log in on smartphone even though the message approved appears onscreen.  This time I declined login and was able to access on desktop.

I cant access online where to request that PSK.

swoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Fionn wrote: »
    Hi Fionn,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. We're sorry to hear you have not heard back about your PSK order. Can we ask was this requested when logging in, or by using the service desk > "Ask a Question" option?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hiya,
    I used the 'Ask a Question' on the old site before it went offline, I tried to log in to the new site but got as far as ring 0818 200 362 but unfortunately I didn't get to talk to anyone.

Thanks.
    We're sorry to hear this Fionn, this PSK should take 5-7 working days to arrive with you. If you have still not received this device after this timeframe, it would be best to link in with our colleagues on the number above. Rest assured our colleagues are working through the queue and will be with you as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi,
    I've got the PSK now thanks, haven't tried it yet!

One question? I administer several club/association accounts, can I use the one PSK or do I need a separate one for each account that I control?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭dublin49

I have been on before regarding not being able to view my credit card statements as back in prehistoric times my wife's name seems to be the principal name on the credit  cards ,even though  we both have cards..This was never a problem until the recent revamp when some genius decided I can view transactions that happen this month on the App but once they become a statement I am not to be trusted.Beggars belief but anyway my question is this,Is there anyway my name can be made the principal name on our cards so I can view my transactions on my app or do I need to revert to  paper statements.Please don't suggest my wife sets up banking 365 as thats not happening.This is so infuriating when these changes are trumpeted as improvements and result in a mess like this.How can a scenario where a customer who viewed his statements for years online is forced to revert to Paper statements be countenanced by a Major Bank.Just so we are clear,my APP RELATES TO A JOINT ACCOUNT AND I CANNOT VIEW OUR JOINT CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS BECAUSE ....well I would love a proper explaination but don't expect one.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GL scrappy

Thanks, Eve 
    This is not the case, have you read my posts here?

Why are BOI reps on here telling people the system works and not paying heed to the customers who are reporting that it doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

GL scrappy wrote: »

Thanks, Eve 

Why are BOI reps on here telling people the system works and not paying heed to the customers who are reporting that it doesn't?
    The whole system is poorly thought out and badly executed but they did at least do a decent job of the instructions for the PSK.

I followed the instructions on the three page document that came with the PSK which included creating a 4 digit access code for the device and it worked fine. If the instructions were poor I'm sure others would have pointed that out. 

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Marty984 wrote: »
    Hi, I've just changed mobile providers and got a new phone, kept the same number and transfered everything from old phone. Tried registering new device and got a text saying bank having trouble registering my number. Rang number provided and operator said some Japanese phones were an issue? I couldn't wait on hold any longer but has anyone any info on this? I will have to change banks if I cannot access my accountsðŸ™
    Hi Marty984,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. Due to a trade embargo by the US , Chinese manufacturers are not able to access US company services such as Google Playstore. This means that you would not be able to download the mobile app.

However if you are experiencing an issue with registering the mobile device having downloaded the mobile app we would suggest that you contact our mobile migration team directly on 0818 200 362 and our colleagues here will be happy to help. The team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Thanks Jen

Thank you for reply.  Can I have a PSK and a smartphone with my accounts?

I tried again today and as its daylight I can see phone better but when I swipe it still asks me to log in on smartphone even though the message approved appears onscreen.  This time I declined login and was able to access on desktop.

I cant access online where to request that PSK.

swoofer
    Thanks for getting back to us here. If you have previously registered a mobile device to access the mobile banking app it would not be possible to request a Physical Security Key. In this instance we would suggest that you contact our mobile app team on 0818 200 362 and our colleagues here will be happy to discuss this further with you.

The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to friday.

Thanks Jen

Hi Fionn,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. We're sorry to hear you have not heard back about your PSK order. Can we ask was this requested when logging in, or by using the service desk > "Ask a Question" option?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hiya,
    I used the 'Ask a Question' on the old site before it went offline, I tried to log in to the new site but got as far as ring 0818 200 362 but unfortunately I didn't get to talk to anyone.

Thanks.
    We're sorry to hear this Fionn, this PSK should take 5-7 working days to arrive with you. If you have still not received this device after this timeframe, it would be best to link in with our colleagues on the number above. Rest assured our colleagues are working through the queue and will be with you as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi,

One question? I administer several club/association accounts, can I use the one PSK or do I need a separate one for each account that I control?

Thanks.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us here today. It is one PSK per User ID. If you can view all the accounts under the same User ID only one PSK will be required. However if you have more than one User ID than more than one PSK will be required.

We hope this helps to provide further clarity for you.

Thanks Jen

Thanks, Eve 

Thanks for getting back to us here. If you are experiencing difficulty accessing your account having received a PSK for the account we would recommend that you contact our customer service team directly on 0818 200 362 and our colleagues here will be happy to help with this.

The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks Jen

Thanks, Eve 

The whole system is poorly thought out and badly executed but they did at least do a decent job of the instructions for the PSK.

I followed the instructions on the three page document that came with the PSK which included creating a 4 digit access code for the device and it worked fine. If the instructions were poor I'm sure others would have pointed that out. 
    Thanks for getting back to us here.

We are happy to hear that this has been successfully set up for you. Thanks for your feedback and please do feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭mart 23

can the PSK be used in Poland and if so how do i order one

mart 23 wrote: »
    Someone further back in the thread has one working in Germany. Think they had it delivered to an address in Ireland then someone posted it on to them in Germany.

Hi mart 23,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. The PSK can be used in Poland. 

To request a PSK we would recommend that you select the option for do not have a registered security device and complete the request form. The PSK will then be issued to the postal address registered to your account within 5 to 7 working days. Once the Physical Security Key has been received please follow the instructions carefully to complete the set up so that you can log into your account.

I hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

Someone further back in the thread has one working in Germany. Think they had it delivered to an address in Ireland then someone posted it on to them in Germany.
    Hello,
             I had it forwarded by Registered Mail to Germany. The original packaging is not what one would consider secure. The device is customer specific and due to the international postal delays created by the Covid 19 Epidemic I was concerned it may have got lost. I would suggest if you have an address in Ireland and trusty folks to forwarded it, seriously think about going down that route. I did ask on the phone when I ordered the PSK if it could be "registered mail" to an address but that seemed to be a difficult question to get an answer. 

When I did get it everything worked as per the instructions. So for me it all worked out.

Morg.       

dublin49 wrote: »
    I have been on before regarding not being able to view my credit card statements as back in prehistoric times my wife's name seems to be the principal name on the credit  cards ,even though  we both have cards..This was never a problem until the recent revamp when some genius decided I can view transactions that happen this month on the App but once they become a statement I am not to be trusted.Beggars belief but anyway my question is this,Is there anyway my name can be made the principal name on our cards so I can view my transactions on my app or do I need to revert to  paper statements.Please don't suggest my wife sets up banking 365 as thats not happening.This is so infuriating when these changes are trumpeted as improvements and result in a mess like this.How can a scenario where a customer who viewed his statements for years online is forced to revert to Paper statements be countenanced by a Major Bank.Just so we are clear,my APP RELATES TO A JOINT ACCOUNT AND I CANNOT VIEW OUR JOINT CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS BECAUSE ....well I would love a proper explaination but don't expect one.
    Hi Dublin49,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and apologies for the delay in responding to you. To view the statements for the credit card account on Banking 365 Online you must be the principal card holder. This means that the original application would have to be in your name with your wife added as an additional cardholder.

To discuss this further we would recommend that you contact our credit card services team on 0818 251 251 and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this. The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

Hi Fionn,

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hiya,

Thanks.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us here today. It is one PSK per User ID. If you can view all the accounts under the same User ID only one PSK will be required. However if you have more than one User ID than more than one PSK will be required.

We hope this helps to provide further clarity for you.

Thanks Jen
    Thanks Jen,
    Yes I'll need a few more so.
    i presume there isn't an email address to contact the support team for a PSK rather than trying to phone them!

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭swoofer

Hi

How did you put the ad at the bottom of your post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Thanks Jen,
    Yes I'll need a few more so.
    i presume there isn't an email address to contact the support team for a PSK rather than trying to phone them!

regards
    Hi Fionn,

As email would not be a verified channel, this would need to be requested over the phone with our colleagues. Rest assured our colleagues will be happy to help with this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Nearly got locked out of account saying one more try or got locked out .

All for the want of SWIPE access and now need another way to get access to accounts.

Large volume of calls and have to wait , NO.

Hi

How did you put the ad at the bottom of your post?
    Heya,
    I edited my Signature in the user control panel

:)

greasepalm wrote: »

All for the want of SWIPE access and now need another way to get access to accounts.

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

If your Mobile App has been blocked then I'd recommend contact our Mobile App Team on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues would certainly be able to look into this for you and offer further guidance. 

This team are available today until 4pm. 

Thanks, Eve

greasepalm wrote: »

At least you don't have the PSK, put your key code in wrong three times and you have all the hassle of having to get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Hi Little A,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Please be assured our customers feedback is very important to us. Please be assured all feedback is relayed, however, if you wish to make a formal complaint you certainly can do so  by following the link below.

Thanks, Aisling

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/
    I really do not need the hassle of manking a formal complaint - I just want to be able to use a feature which should be available (ie - sort by Lodgements).....can someone answer when this will be active and if it not, should it not be removed until it works?

Little A wrote: »
    Hi Little A,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Please be assured our customers feedback is very important to us. Please be assured all feedback is relayed, however, if you wish to make a formal complaint you certainly can do so  by following the link below.

Thanks, Aisling

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/
    I really do not need the hassle of manking a formal complaint - I just want to be able to use a feature which should be available (ie - sort by Lodgements).....can someone answer when this will be active and if it not, should it not be removed until it works?
    Thanks for getting back to us here, we have sent you a private message requesting a bit more information. Once we receive this we would be happy to look into this a bit more.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pats22b

is the app down this morning i have been trying to get in all morning and it just keeps asking me to try again later no bad password etc warnings ?

Advertisement