Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Electric+ query

• 04-03-2021 7:15pm

Hello, 

I've had an online account for the past year. When I logged in three days ago, your website prompted me to select a new price plan. I selected Home Electric+.

Today I received the following email:

"We’re delighted to welcome you to Home Electric+, the smart meter price plan from Electric Ireland.

With this new price plan, you will get a discounted rate that doesn’t disappear, as well as access to your new smart online account where you will be able to see the details behind your usage at a glance.

Your online account will show you when you use most electricity in your house, what appliances are using most electricity and you will see personal tips on how to reduce your usage and your carbon footprint."

I already had an online account, so I logged in using that. Unfortunately I cannot see the details behind my usage, details of when I use the most electricity, nor information about which appliances are using the most power. 

The only usage data I can see are shown on a line graph showing this year's and last year's consumption. 

How can I see the details behind my usage including appliances, etc?

Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Tomalak, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

It may take a few days for this to be available. 

However, we recommend calling 1800 372 372 or emailing service@electricireland.ie to speak with the dedicated smart meter team.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Hi Tomalek, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

It may take a few days for this to be available. 

However, we recommend calling 1800 372 372 or emailing service@electricireland.ie to speak with the dedicated smart meter team.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Thanks Aoife. As I am abroad, what is the international number to call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Tomalek,

Thanks for getting back to us.

To contact Electric Ireland Customer Service outside the Republic of Ireland, telephone 00353 185 29534.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tony H

im in the same situation and got the confirmation email and my account still has not updated , nobody including the support staff here seems to have much info on the smart account meters , I was told a few weeks ago that I would need a different smart meter by the smart meter team , which is obviously wrong , not blaming the staff here or on the phones or chat but electric need to get the correct info out to their support teams asap or people will avail of the change supplier options to get sorted out , 
    Sorry for jumping on Tomalek's thread . 

So my point is has anyone been moved to the new tariff's . 

Hi Tony,

Sorry about the inconvenience - the information is being updated at present, and the best team to contact now is Sales on freephone 1800 30 50 90 - their email is sales@electricireland.ie and to speak to them sooner, telephone them on the above.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dochogan

I switched to a smart tariff on February 27th, got the confirmation email on March 1st, emailed support on the 3rd (webchat knew nothing about the new tariffs, couldn't get through on the phone) and got a reply on the 8th to say that my contract was 'currently pending and will process in the next coming days'. I still haven't been moved. It's a bit farcical to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

dochogan wrote: »
    I switched to a smart tariff on February 27th, got the confirmation email on March 1st, emailed support on the 3rd (webchat knew nothing about the new tariffs, couldn't get through on the phone) and got a reply on the 8th to say that my contract was 'currently pending and will process in the next coming days'. I still haven't been moved. It's a bit farcical to be honest.
    I'm in the same boat. Got an email back (After some very frustrating phone calls and Web chats) to say it takes 14 days to switch over, for me that's tomorrow so we shall see

dochogan wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Got an email back (After some very frustrating phone calls and Web chats) to say it takes 14 days to switch over, for me that's tomorrow so we shall see
    Hi Stephen

Did it switch over as expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Hi Stephen

Did it switch over as expected?

Yep. 14 days exactly after

I got the email on the first so hopefully I'll be switched over soon , at least it's good to see someone has been switched over .

• Advertisement

I called sales last Friday. It turns out my online request to switch to a smart plan didn't 'go through' so he went through it all again. I got the confirmation email (again) yesterday so we'll see. I'm not optimistic though. I'll probably end up having to file a complaint.

I ended up switching to Energia. The unit price is much lower.

mine was switched over about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tony H wrote: »
    Is this rollout compulsory or can you stay with the old reliable mechanical meter?

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is this rollout compulsory or can you stay with the old reliable mechanical meter?

don't know if it's compulsory yet but who knows in the future

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Tony H wrote: »
    Hi danjo-xx,

The smart meters are being rolled out by ESB Networks - for all premises, no matter which electricity billing company the property is registered with. ESB Networks will get in touch before each installation, however a customer can request not to have their existing meter exchanged for a smart meter.

More information on the ESB Networks website here.

Kind regards,
    Una

Finally switched over today

Advertisement