Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Business Credit Card changes (Feb21)

Options
  • 23-02-2021 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi.
     I have received a letter from BOI outlining changes to my business credit card.

The section on Cross-border payments regulation indicates that currency charges must be shown unless the bank and customer agree not to.

It would appear that I have no option other than to close my account if I do not agree. Can you confirm if this is my only option?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

blenderbus wrote: »
    Hi.

The section on Cross-border payments regulation indicates that currency charges must be shown unless the bank and customer agree not to.

It would appear that I have no option other than to close my account if I do not agree. Can you confirm if this is my only option?
    Good morning blenderbus,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie 

You can opt out of receiving these messages. You can contact us by logging into the app, select services and then send us a message option if you use 365 Online or alternatively, you can call us on 1890251251. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

For a credit card, if the account holder chooses to opt out of receiving this message, any additional card holders will also be opted out. I will attach a link below with all the information you will need on this. 

https://www.bankofireland.com/cross-border-payments-regulation/

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blenderbus

Hi.

Good morning blenderbus,

You can opt out of receiving these messages. You can contact us by logging into the app, select services and then send us a message option if you use 365 Online or alternatively, you can call us on 1890251251. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

For a credit card, if the account holder chooses to opt out of receiving this message, any additional card holders will also be opted out. I will attach a link below with all the information you will need on this.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    I believe you may have misunderstood my question - the letter explicitly states that I will NOT be receiving these messages.

I *do* want to be notified, but the letter I received indicates that it has amended it's T&Cs to reflect that it will *not* be sending the notification. This is supposed to be by agreement with the customer.

I haven't agreed to this (because I *do* want to be notified), but I do not appear to be able to have this option.

Please see the attached copy of the letter I received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi.

Good morning blenderbus,

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    I believe you may have misunderstood my question - the letter explicitly states that I will NOT be receiving these messages.

I *do* want to be notified, but the letter I received indicates that it has amended it's T&Cs to reflect that it will *not* be sending the notification. This is supposed to be by agreement with the customer.

I haven't agreed to this (because I *do* want to be notified), but I do not appear to be able to have this option.

Hi blenderbus

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us on this. 

We have looked further into this for you. 

We can advise this detail will show in your monthly  CC statements for you. 

Also, allowing you to make an informed decision ahead of the transaction/ purchase, our currency convertor is available to you here 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blenderbus

Hi.

Good morning blenderbus,

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Hi blenderbus

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us on this. 

We have looked further into this for you. 

We can advise this detail will show in your monthly  CC statements for you. 

Also, allowing you to make an informed decision ahead of the transaction/ purchase, our currency convertor is available to you here 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison 
    Hi Alison.

Thanks for the response, it addresses the questions I had.

Regards,
    Eddy.

Advertisement