Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New 365 online website

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Thanks for getting back to us bangkok. We've had similar queries regarding the message on Google Chrome and have raised this with our support team and will get back to you here as soon as we have an update. Can you please check that you have the most up to date version of IE as we haven't received of issues accessing 365 via this browser. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Internet Explorer 11 is the version i am using. i usually use chrome anyway, so i will just wait and see what you come back with on that one

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Given that the mobile app is plagued with bugs where it doesn't recognise pin entry, or crashes during validation, or fails to complete a login, or sends a text  after a login that says you're about to be locked out, why would anyone risk switching to the new website which requires two factor authentication in the app?

And what use is two factor authentication when the authentication is a swipe? Why isn't it biometric?
    Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulty using the new mobile app. Can you please let us know the make and model of your device and what version of Android/iOS is installed? 

EU Regulations have been introduced that affect all banks.  Additional security is now required when you log onto 365 online or carry out certain transactions. You can find more information on this here

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DelSur

Export transactions feature does not produce transaction file (.csv) correctly.
    (Windows 10, Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit))

I select the "Filter completed transactions" option.
    Select a date range  (01/12/2020 --> 31/12/2020)

UX complaint 1:
    To export the range selected above, one has to select the "Show More" button multiple times until the whole range is loaded on screen (because if not the export will only export what is currently on-screen. This could be solved with a simple checkbox to indicate if whole range is desired for export)

UX complaint 2:
    Naming of the export file is gibberish rather than something more related to the account name and date range selected.

Bug:
    Upon extraction of the full range to the .csv format, the Debit and Credit columns get mixed up and duplicates appear.

i.e. - this sort of thing in my example below happened on my three attempts

04/12/2020 ATM03DEC CO DUBLIN 35 50
    04/12/2020 POS02DEC PAYPAL *ALLS 162 51.5
    07/12/2020 0002079265PCC KI7W GP 22.99 51.5
    07/12/2020 POSC05DEC BYRNES NEWS 22.99
    07/12/2020 POSC04DEC TESCO STORE 42.93

Regards,

DelSur wrote: »
    Export transactions feature does not produce transaction file (.csv) correctly.
    (Windows 10, Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit))

I select the "Filter completed transactions" option.
    Select a date range  (01/12/2020 --> 31/12/2020)

UX complaint 1:
    To export the range selected above, one has to select the "Show More" button multiple times until the whole range is loaded on screen (because if not the export will only export what is currently on-screen. This could be solved with a simple checkbox to indicate if whole range is desired for export)

UX complaint 2:
    Naming of the export file is gibberish rather than something more related to the account name and date range selected.

Bug:
    Upon extraction of the full range to the .csv format, the Debit and Credit columns get mixed up and duplicates appear.

i.e. - this sort of thing in my example below happened on my three attempts

04/12/2020 ATM03DEC CO DUBLIN 35       50
    04/12/2020 POS02DEC PAYPAL *ALLS     162 51.5
    07/12/2020 0002079265PCC KI7W GP  22.99 51.5
    07/12/2020 POSC05DEC BYRNES NEWS  22.99
    07/12/2020 POSC04DEC TESCO STORE  42.93

Regards,
    Hi DelSur,

Thanks for your post and feedback. We're aware some customers are having this issue when exporting to CSV and this is being investigated by our support team and we'll provide an update as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Tara

bangkok wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to us bangkok. We've had similar queries regarding the message on Google Chrome and have raised this with our support team and will get back to you here as soon as we have an update. Can you please check that you have the most up to date version of IE as we haven't received of issues accessing 365 via this browser. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Internet Explorer 11 is the version i am using. i usually use chrome anyway, so i will just wait and see what you come back with on that one

thanks
    Hi bangkok,

Our support team have asked if you can please try typing the full website address into the browser, [font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://www.365online.com[/font], and let us know if you get the same message? There is also a log in button on www.bankofireland.com in the top right hand corner, can you please let us know if this gives you the same message? 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

thanks
    Hi bangkok,

Our support team have asked if you can please try typing the full website address into the browser, [font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://www.365online.com[/font], and let us know if you get the same message? There is also a log in button on www.bankofireland.com in the top right hand corner, can you please let us know if this gives you the same message? 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

yes tried that same error, i cant even get into www.bankofireland.com, get a privacy error your connection is not private

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

thanks
    Hi bangkok,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

yes tried that same error, i cant even get into www.bankofireland.com, get a privacy error your connection is not private
    Thanks for checking this bangkok. We'll update you here as soon as we have an update from our support team. 

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Hi There,
    Will it be possible to register a laptop/computer as a secure device?
    Or will I always need to log in with my phone every time I want to log on with my laptop? 
    Is there a way to turn this two-device setting off?

Thanks!

MovieFest wrote: »
    Hi There,
    Will it be possible to register a laptop/computer as a secure device?
    Or will I always need to log in with my phone every time I want to log on with my laptop? 
    Is there a way to turn this two-device setting off?

Thanks!
    Hi MovieFest,

Thanks for your post. 

To comply with European regulations, you will need an extra form of identification when using online banking. This is called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).

SCA links your smartphone to your online banking access. When you attempt to log in through the website, you will receive a push notification to your phone to approve access. This is an added layer of security. 

As SCA is a regulatory requirement it is not possible to switch this off. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭dublin49

have managed to get access to my account on Desk top ,very messy to say the least.Anyway my accounts are joint accounts with my wife,I can see statements on accounts but when I click on credit card it shows me this months transactions but no statements.When the statements arrived in post they were addressed to my wife ,always had access before up until this revamp,any ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 blenderbus

I am not receiving notifications on my registered device, and so am unable to login at all.
    - The device name is correct
    - Notifications are enabled
    - I have even logged into the device whilst attempting, but still don't receive any notifications.

I am thus locked out of my online (not app) account. I can still login via the app but that's not what I want/need.

Update/workaround:
    I tried again and this time selected 'I don't have the app' (although I checked that the app was up to date). It then reverted to the old login process so I was at least able to access my account.

blenderbus wrote: »
    I am not receiving notifications on my registered device, and so am unable to login at all.
    - I have even logged into the device whilst attempting, but still don't receive any notifications.

I am thus locked out of my online (not app) account. I can still login via the app but that's not what I want/need.

Update/workaround:
    I tried again and this time selected 'I don't have the app' (although I checked that the app was up to date).  It then reverted to the old login process so I was at least able to access my account.
    Just be careful re notification,I missed it first time,it disappears if you dont click  it immediately,

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

"To comply with European regulations, you will need an extra form of identification when using online banking. This is called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)SCA links your smartphone to your online banking access. "

What constitutes the added layer of security from my mobile?  Which I would certainly consider the more vulnerable of my devices.

I appreciate the concept of TFA - I work in IT - but from what I can see the only security on my phone is now the 3 required digits of my pin.  The pin digits are between 0-9 so that's a limited number of permutations.  Once I'm in on the phone I don't need a second device (as per the regulations quoted above), I can complete all transactions with a single device as before.  The problem is that device is now my mobile, not my laptop which has much better security. In fact, if I were foolish enough to select the option on the app to remain logged in I'd have no security whatsoever from anyone who managed to access my phone.

I'm not at all happy as a customer at being forced into that situation.  I think you've gotten this wrong.

I've also observed poor response times from the app several times, including one attempted transaction which timed out before the swipe notification appeared on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

They’re not budging from the script on this one at all. :)

Bottom line. If you need your mobile app open to access your desktop version, why not just use your mobile app?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I appreciate your efforts to enable 2FA, but the new Android App and the new Website are very much slower than their older counterparts. The App takes far to long to perform a simple transaction, I would guess 5-10x longer than the previous App, and the new Website is just the same, much more clicks required, quick transfers not available.

Please have a word with your Dev team and make sure they understand that Customer Experience is the #1 thing that should be aimed for in Apps and Websites, and making things more complicated to do and taking far far longer is not a good Customer Experience at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

If you were actually talking to your Dev team how about suggesting they do an authenticator app which is distinct from your mobile banking app?  Other companies do this and it would enforce 2FA, improve security and comply with the EU regulation but without forcing customers to use your mobile banking if they don't want to.  

I assume the reason I can log into the app with only 3 digits of my pin without using my 6 digit ID is because the app saves it for association with the authenticator functionality? But in the process this more than halves the required credentials which have to be input to access my bank accounts.  Please explain to me how that is added security because it seems like the exact opposite to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

tcif wrote: »
    If you were actually talking to your Dev team how about suggesting they do an authenticator app which is distinct from your mobile banking app?  Other companies do this and it would enforce 2FA, improve security and comply with the EU regulation but without forcing customers to use your mobile banking if they don't want to.  

I assume the reason I can log into the app with only 3 digits of my pin without using my 6 digit ID is because the app saves it for association with the authenticator functionality? But in the process this more than halves the required credentials which have to be input to access my bank accounts.  Please explain to me how that is added security because it seems like the exact opposite to me.
    I was thinking the same thing. A fingerprint option like the one on N26 would be better. 

I actually like the new website layout but agree that its a bit slow. 

• I have joint account with my wife.We both have a Visa Debit and a credit card linked to the account,I manage our money and always had access to previous Credit card statements online. That is gone now after new revamp because back in the last century my wife's name somehow was the main name on the credit cards,whats laughable is I can see this months transactions but not when these details transfer to a statement,So I am trusted with my own details for a month but if I want to look back at a previous month my wife has to register for online banking.I suspect there is a desire  to provide discretion for waring couples so they use a sledgehammer to crack a nut and change for the vast majority for a small minority.So in these times of online fraud we have to register a second time to see our statements,we are not young and last thing we need is more login details to remember and protect, 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi dublin49

Thanks for your post.

With the credit card, it should only be available to the main card holder online, the initial applicant.

Your wife can call our ROI freephone number on 1800946156 and a colleague can certainly set up online banking for her. Team are available until 5pm.

Just to add, with a joint account, each party to the account will have their own login details, this allows also for any other sole accounts they may have to be viewed within their own login profile. 

We hope the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Hi dublin49

Thanks for your post.

With the credit card, it should only be available to the main card holder online, the initial applicant.

Your wife can call our ROI freephone number on 1800946156 and a colleague can certainly set up online banking for her. Team are available until 5pm.

Just to add, with a joint account, each party to the account will have their own login details, this allows also for any other sole accounts they may have to be viewed within their own login profile. 

We hope the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

I have my own credit card ,I can view all Credit card  transactions online(I am looking at a purchase my wife made in January) but I am not trusted to view statements ,where is the logic in that.You need not reply as I am getting nowhere but really it needs to be looked at again.

• Advertisement

dublin49 wrote: »
    Hi dublin49

Thanks for your post.

We hope the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

I have my own credit card ,I can view all Credit card  transactions online(I am looking at a purchase my wife made in January) but I am not trusted to view statements ,where is the logic in that.You need not reply as I am getting nowhere but really it needs to be looked at again.
    Hi dublin49 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you previously applied for a credit card in your name as the principal card holder and statements are not showing, please login to site and select Service Desk to send an Ask a Question. A colleague certainly can look into this for you. 

Many thanks, 
    Alison

blenderbus wrote: »

Update/workaround:
    I tried again and this time selected 'I don't have the app' (although I checked that the app was up to date).  It then reverted to the old login process so I was at least able to access my account.
    Hi blenderbus 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

If the push notification is not coming through to you, please follow the login to site again using option 'I have the App' you can retrieve the notification by going to the App on your device and click on ' Added online security' this is directly under the login for the PIN. 

Hoping you find this helpful,

Many thanks 
    Alison

Hi All, 

Thanks for taking the time to share your views and comments with us relating to the updated site and App. 

Please be assured you comments and suggestions are being passed to our Online Digital Team. 

Many thanks,
    Alison

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Terrible design for older people. It has my elderly mother completely confused. She used to be able to manage the old version, bad and all as it was.

spurious wrote: »
    Terrible design for older people. It has my elderly mother completely confused. She used to be able to manage the old version, bad and all as it was.
    Thanks spurious for joining the thread and sharing this with us. 

We have a Team available on 0818200362 they will be happy to talk through navigating the new site. They are available Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, weekends and bank holidays it's 9am-4pm. 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Thanks spurious for joining the thread and sharing this with us. 

We have a Team available on 0818200362 they will be happy to talk through navigating the new site. They are available Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, weekends and bank holidays it's 9am-4pm. 

Many thanks
    Alison

Money well spent. Definitely good value compared to coding a desktop layout that isn't a flat clone of the mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

so, I may have lucked out,i deleted the app when it started causing problems weeks ago,now when I log in via my laptop, I still seem to be able to access the old version thankfully, I have zero intention of trying the new app again, where do I stand? how long is the old banking 365 going to be available or how do you introduce/apy new measures for someone who doesnt have the app or lets say even a mobile pbone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

1874 wrote: »
    so, I may have lucked out,i deleted the app when it started causing problems weeks ago,now when I log in via my laptop, I still seem to be able to access the old version thankfully, I have zero intention of trying the new app again, where do I stand? how long is the old banking 365 going to be available or how do you introduce/apy new measures for someone who doesnt have the app or lets say even a mobile pbone?
    Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

If you do not use the BOI mobile app then you would be able to order a Physical Security Key(PSK) in order to access Banking 365 through the web browser. 

You should be able to order this from the BOI website in the coming weeks. There should be a notification online once they're available. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

The new website is terribly slow and annoying to use. 
    Plus the app notification on my phone once swiped on should not then open the app asking for login info again. I had already logged in on my PC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

earlyapex wrote: »
    The new website is terribly slow and annoying to use. 
    Plus the app notification on my phone once swiped on should not then open the app asking for login info again. I had already logged in on my PC.
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

As you're logging in on 2 separate devices you would be required to log in by providing 3 digits of you 6 digit online pin when logging on to the app.  

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here on Boards.ie. Please be assured we will share it with the relevant department. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement