If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LG 55CX5LB query

• 27-11-2020 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I be interested in this model, I'm just wondering what stock levels might be like currently, do I need to pull the finger out so to speak lol.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,122 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Liamalone wrote: »
    Hi folks,
      I be interested in this model, I'm just wondering what stock levels might be like currently, do I need to pull the finger out so to speak lol.

Thanks in advance
    Hey Liamalone.

Thanks for the post.

We had an exceptional day of trading yesterday which has left many products stock levels decimated.

The 55cx is unfortunately one of those products.

It has currently been switched off on our website until we can confirm more stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hello again :)

I'm still navigating the minefield that is there when choosing a new TV, overdue as I'm still running the Sony 42w705b I got off yourselves about five years ago.

I think I'm nearly decided on the LG 55BX, although the Sony 55XH9505 is still in the running along with the LG 55CX.

My Onkyo TX-SR309 will probably need replacing alongside or after the tv - depending on which tv I plump for. So my new question is this, any recommendations/deals for an av receiver that would suit a new tv in the spec bracket above?

Thanks in advance :)

• Company Representative Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hello again :)

I'm still navigating the minefield that is there when choosing a new TV, overdue as I'm still running the Sony 42w705b I got off yourselves about five years ago.

I think I'm nearly decided on the LG 55BX, although the Sony 55XH9505 is still in the running along with the LG 55CX.

My Onkyo TX-SR309 will probably need replacing alongside or after the tv - depending on which tv I plump for. So my new question is this, any recommendations/deals for an av receiver that would suit a new tv in the spec bracket above?

Thanks in advance :)
    Hi Liamalone,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

I don;t think you can go wrong with the Denon AVRX2700! It's currently £599 but very future proofed with 8K passthrough as well as great streaming functions!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14159-denon-avrx2700-black-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x-av-receiver.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks DavidS :)

Regarding the AVR, I currently have a speaker set that's rated at 6 ohms, would they be compatible with the Denon? I know next to nothing about that side of things.

This is them: https://eu.pioneer-av.com/en-GB/c/s-hs100/p/813156

Thanks.

Edit: even if the speakers are 'grand' would they be due an update also?

Thanks DavidS :)

Regarding the AVR, I currently have a speaker set that's rated at 6 ohms, would they be compatible with the Denon? I know next to nothing about that side of things.

This is them: https://eu.pioneer-av.com/en-GB/c/s-hs100/p/813156

Thanks.

Edit: even if the speakers are 'grand' would they be due an update also?
    Hey Liamalone.

Your speakers will run with the 2700 on issues and the 2700 is more than capable of running much more top end speakers for when you do go to upgrade them.

The 55CX is also now back for purchase on our website.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

We are our purchasing team in England are chasing an ETA on the Sony's but have no luck just yet.

• Advertisement

Took the plunge on the LG 55BX today, I'll leave upgrading the AVR until the new year.

Thanks again :)

Took the plunge on the LG 55BX today, I'll leave upgrading the AVR until the new year.

Thanks again :)
    Hey Liamalone.

Thanks for the order :)

Our courier will be in touch regarding the delivery.

Have a good evening.

I'm back revisiting the AVR situation lol. Am I right in saying the the aforementioned Denon X2700 doesn't have a dab tuner? I'm hoping it does but can't see any mention of it in the specs.

I'm back revisiting the AVR situation lol. Am I right in saying the the aforementioned Denon X2700 doesn't have a dab tuner? I'm hoping it does but can't see any mention of it in the specs.
    Hi Liamalone.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Very few receivers have built in DAB tuners unfortunately.
    The 2700 only has FM but with the Heos App you can get internet radio. Most Radio station from DAB can also be found here.

I think there is a European or US version that does have DAB but it not the one that we can get our hands on unfortunately.

Still tyre kicking at avr's, apparently the Denon X2700 has hdmi 2.1 issues with 4k/120fps :(

What else is there as a substitute? Hdmi 2.1 is a no go as it's in it's infancy and manufacturers are implementing it differently, or so I've read.

Xbox Series X, 4K firestick, VU+ Solo2 will be fed into it going to an LG55BX. Would ideally like a dab tuner inbuilt and something with speaker setup audyssey style.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Still tyre kicking at avr's, apparently the Denon X2700 has hdmi 2.1 issues with 4k/120fps :(

What else is there as a substitute? Hdmi 2.1 is a no go as it's in it's infancy and manufacturers are implementing it differently, or so I've read.

Xbox Series X, 4K firestick, VU+ Solo2 will be fed into it going to an LG55BX. Would ideally like a dab tuner inbuilt and something with speaker setup audyssey style.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Liamalone.

It seems to be any AV Receivers that used a certain Panasonic chip set are having the HDMI 2.1 4K/120fps issue.

This list of receivers available doesn't change unfortunately.
    Of course if you don't run at 4K/120 fps then there is no issues.
    Any of the lower spec'd units that don't use the chipset can't do HDMI 2.1 anyway.

I can't think of any AV receivers that we currently have that will do DAB.

It's a minefield at the minute with Av receivers as stock is limited and we are still chasing ETA's on products.

It did get an update on the 2700 and we should have them back in stock with the next 10 or so days.
    Still no firm ETA on the Sony 1080.

We will be getting the Yamaha RXV6 back in stock shortly priced at 589 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14194-yamaha-rxv6a-black-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x-av-receiver.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Kenny :)

Yeah, I'm resigned to running the Series X straight into the tv it seems then eArc to a compatible receiver by the looks of it. A minefield at the moment I agree.

That Yamaha is 589 euro yet 649 sterling, what's the craic there?

Thanks Kenny :)

Yeah, I'm resigned to running the Series X straight into the tv it seems then eArc to a compatible receiver by the looks of it. A minefield at the moment I agree.

That Yamaha is 589 euro yet 649 sterling, what's the craic there?
    Hey Liamalone.

The Euro price will be in reaction to a competitor in the south of Ireland so that we are cheaper :)

Our sterling and Euro pricing is not a direct conversion in some case. This is because we have to compete in two markets the UK and the ROI.

You are of course free to pay in which ever currency works out to be the cheapest for you.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

I think that the 4K/ 120fps 'issue' with the Denon / Marantz units has been resolved across most platforms and was a bit of storm in a teacup..

On our £ / € pricing - none of our conversions are direct- we price every product individually ( no wonder I look so old) to optimise the pricing for each market.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Guys,

I think that the 4K/ 120fps 'issue' with the Denon / Marantz units has been resolved across most platforms and was a bit of storm in a teacup..

On our £ / € pricing - none of our conversions are direct- we price every product individually ( no wonder I look so old) to optimise the pricing for each market.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Ello again :)

I've been keeping an eye on the 4k/120hz issue with the Denon 2700 which still hasn't been resolved with regard to running the Xbox Series X - and that's what I have :(

Any movement for a Boardsie on the euro price to push me into ignoring it? I'm finding it hard to justify the purchase it when there's an inherent flaw tbh.

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Ello again :)

I've been keeping an eye on the 4k/120hz issue with the Denon 2700 which still hasn't been resolved with regard to running the Xbox Series X - and that's what I have :(

Any movement for a Boardsie on the euro price to push me into ignoring it? I'm finding it hard to justify the purchase it when there's an inherent flaw tbh.

Cheers.
    Hi Liamalone!

Unfortunately the euro price is already heavily discounted on the AVRX2700 at the moment!

The best price I would have would be 629 euro including shipping!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Pm sent.

Pm sent.
    Thanks Liamalone,

I'll get back to that asap!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.