If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Denon Ceol?

• 08-07-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

I cannot find the Ceol N10 in white on your website. Has it been discontinued or is it soon to be superseded by the Ceol N11 perhaps?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

peking97 wrote: »
    I cannot find the Ceol N10 in white on your website. Has it been discontinued or is it soon to be superseded by the Ceol N11 perhaps?
    Hey Peking97.

At the minute is seem to be only the Black in stock unfortunately.

There is nothing so far regarding a N11.

I will check with our purchasing team first thing tomorrow to see if the White N10 is due back into stock anytime soon.

I'll be in touch once I find out some info.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭peking97

Looks like my suspicions were correct!

https://auth.denon.com/shop/networksystem/ceoln11dab

Looks like my suspicions were correct!

https://auth.denon.com/shop/networksystem/ceoln11dab
    Hi peking97,

We are starting to see info for the new Denon lines and a lot of them will be hitting us in September. I have no ETA for the N11 yet but I dare say we'll start to see them in Autumn!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Can you give me your best Boardsie price for the N11 in Euro inc delivery to Co Clare please?

Hi David,

Can you give me your best Boardsie price for the N11 in Euro inc delivery to Co Clare please?
    Hi Peking97.

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've dropped you a PM.

Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 sidegolo

Out of curiosity, I compared the specs for both N10 and N11 and are identical. Bar the DAB/DAB+ radio...

sidegolo wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, I compared the specs for both N10 and N11 and are identical. Bar the DAB/DAB+ radio...
    I emailed Denon and in addition to the DAB/DAB+ they advise that the Bluetooth version has been upgraded.

I emailed Denon and in addition to the DAB/DAB+ they advise that the Bluetooth version has been upgraded.
    Thanks will have a look. Do you do cables burn in when purchased new?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sidegolo,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I do know and understand why some people and reviewers feel that they can hear a difference when cables are 'burnt-in' but personally I have not heard the difference and at the moment this is not a service we offer.

..however there are LARGE difference between speaker cables and and interconnects and we would recommend that Customers do set aside a little of their budget for decent cables - but do also remember that the most expensive cables will not necessarily be the best - but you can use cables to improve and obtain the sound balance that you are looking to achieve.

Thanks again, apologies that we don't offer this service and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Sidegolo,

I do know and understand why some people and reviewers feel that they can hear a difference when cables are 'burnt-in' but personally I have not heard the difference and at the moment this is not a service we offer.

..however there are LARGE difference between speaker cables and and interconnects and we would recommend that Customers do set aside a little of their budget for decent cables - but do also remember that the most expensive cables will not necessarily be the best - but you can use cables to improve and obtain the sound balance that you are looking to achieve.

Thanks again, apologies that we don't offer this service and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the reply. I came across an article about the new audioquest rocket 11 speaker cables. I have been using the audioquest G2 for years. They were part of a bundle along with the zensor 1 and a previous denon receiver i owned. Would you know if there is much of a difference between the audioquest rocket and G2 cables?

• Advertisement

Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the reply. I came across an article about the new audioquest rocket 11 speaker cables. I have been using the audioquest G2 for years. They were part of a bundle along with the zensor 1 and a previous denon receiver i owned. Would you know if there is much of a difference between the audioquest rocket and G2 cables?
    Hi sidegolo,

I haven't actually heard the G2 cables running so can't comment accurately but the Rocket 22s are great cables, they use a lower oxygen content copper and also have great sheilding!

We use it in the demo room and it is a great cable!

Kind regards

David

Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi sidegolo,

I haven't actually heard the G2 cables running so can't comment accurately but the Rocket 22s are great cables, they use a lower oxygen content copper and also have great sheilding!

We use it in the demo room and it is a great cable!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David, the Rocket 22s would go well with my current system and speakers, won't they?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Sidegolo,

If you are still using Dali Zensor - yep Rocket 22 would sound great!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, thanks for your reply. How much would it be for 1.5m cable with banana plugs? and is there much difference in price without them?

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, thanks for your reply. How much would it be for 1.5m cable with banana plugs? and is there much difference in price without them?
    Hi Sidegolo.

The cable is priced per meter so it would need to be 2 meters.
    The Rocket 22 is priced at £20 per meter but I could offer it for £16 per meter.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203556-audioquest-rocket-22-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

The Audioquest banana plugs are priced at £29.99 for a set of 8 (4 Pairs)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13686-audioquest-suregrip-sg100-gold-banana-plugs-set-8-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-4-pairs.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

By the way, would you normally recommend speakers stands? My speakers currently sit on a table with the stereo system. I can't hear any vibration or muddy sound. I'm just wondering if stands do make a noticeable difference for speaker sound.

By the way, would you normally recommend speakers stands? My speakers currently sit on a table with the stereo system. I can't hear any vibration or muddy sound. I'm just wondering if stands do make a noticeable difference for speaker sound.
    Hi sidegolo,

A speaker stand would give a better sound as it would take the speakers away from the wall and allow more breathing space however as long as the speakers are roughly at ear height and have enough space to allow for porting then you should be fine on a shelf!

Kind regards

David

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

The Rocket 22 is priced at £20 per meter but I could offer it for £16 per meter.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203556-audioquest-rocket-22-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13686-audioquest-suregrip-sg100-gold-banana-plugs-set-8-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-4-pairs.aspx

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Thanks for your reply. As with the cables, I don't think I need more than 1.5 meter per cable. But if you sell them minimum 2 meter length then that's fine, in case i get the stands in the future for when I relocate. Ideally, id like the speakers end with banana plugs and stripped bared wire on the amp end.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Thanks for your reply. As with the cables, I don't think I need more than 1.5 meter per cable. But if you sell them minimum 2 meter length then that's fine, in case i get the stands in the future for when I relocate. Ideally, id like the speakers end with banana plugs and stripped bared wire on the amp end.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Speaker cable is priced per meter.
    If you required 1.5 meter per side then that would be 3 meters in total and we can cut it into 2x 1.5 meters for you.

We can then put the plugs on one end of the cable and leave the other bare for you.
    If you only require 2 pairs then the Cambridge 4mm plugs would do the job.
    Priced at £5.99 per pair
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202337-cambridge-audio-4mm-banana-plugs-v2-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

If you required 1.5 meter per side then that would be 3 meters in total and we can cut it into 2x 1.5 meters for you.

We can then put the plugs on one end of the cable and leave the other bare for you.
    Priced at £5.99 per pair
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202337-cambridge-audio-4mm-banana-plugs-v2-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Would you strip the wires for me, so I can just connect them and that's it? I probably asked you before about the burning in time for speaker cables, but from what i read on many forums and from users personal experience, it normally takes a few hundreds of hours before they reach optimal performance.

• Advertisement

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

Priced at £5.99 per pair

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Would you strip the wires for me, so I can just connect them and that's it? I probably asked you before about the burning in time for speaker cables, but from what i read on many forums and from users personal experience, it normally takes a few hundreds of hours before they reach optimal performance.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Yes we can indeed strip the wires back for you no problem :)

It can take a good few hours for the cables to reach total performance but it will still sound good to start with.

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

Priced at £5.99 per pair

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Hi Sidegolo.

It can take a good few hours for the cables to reach total performance but it will still sound good to start with.
    Thanks for your message! Just to confirm, i can order the cable from https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203556-audioquest-rocket-22-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx and the plugs from the page https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202337-cambridge-audio-4mm-banana-plugs-v2-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx, correct? Alternatively can i place the order here for the cables at for £16 per meter and the plugs at 5.99£ per pair?

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

Priced at £5.99 per pair

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for your message! Just to confirm, i can order the cable from https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203556-audioquest-rocket-22-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx and the plugs from the page https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202337-cambridge-audio-4mm-banana-plugs-v2-speaker-cable-banana-plugs-per-pair.aspx, correct? Alternatively can i place the order here for the cables at for £16 per meter and the plugs at 5.99£ per pair?
    Hi Sidegolo.

You can order direct via our website and I can refund the difference on the cable ( I quoted you a bit of a deal on it).

Or you can PM me your contact number and we can give you a call to finalise the order at the agreed pricing above.

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

Priced at £5.99 per pair

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Hi Sidegolo.

You can order direct via our website and I can refund the difference on the cable ( I quoted you a bit of a deal on it).

Or you can PM me your contact number and we can give you a call to finalise the order at the agreed pricing above.
    Hello Kenny,

I just PM my phone number to finalize the order. :-)

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

Priced at £5.99 per pair

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny,

Cheers Sidegolo.

I will call you ASAP.

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

Priced at £5.99 per pair

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny,

Cheers Sidegolo.

I will call you ASAP.
    Hi Jenny, I just replied to your message. I hope it's gone through.

Hi Sidegolo,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Sidegolo.

Kenny.
    Hello Kenny,

Hi Sidegolo.

Priced at £5.99 per pair

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Hi Sidegolo.

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello Kenny,

Cheers Sidegolo.

I will call you ASAP.
    Hi Jenny, I just replied to your message. I hope it's gone through.
    Thanks Sidegolo.

I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks Sidegolo.

Hey Kenny, you can ring me from about 4 o'clock this afternoon 😊

Thanks Sidegolo.

Hey Kenny, you can ring me from about 4 o'clock this afternoon 😊
    Hi Sidegolo.

I have you in my diary for the call :)

• Advertisement

Hi Sidegolo.

I have you in my diary for the call :)

Hello Kenny!

I have received the cables yesterday afternoon. Haven't tried to install them yet but both ends have the plugs installed. No bare wires. My Ceol n10 would not accept plugs on the amplifier end for the speaker connectors.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.