Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charged Twice for same transaction different amounts

• 28-11-2020 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I seem to have been charged twice for the same transaction but for slightly different amounts, the first transaction is processed GB189at1.12482 costing me €213.66 which is fine as that is what it said it cost, however another transaction has popped up just called the name of the website I purchased from and costing me €214.05, how and why is this happening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Goon182 wrote: »
    Hi I seem to have been charged twice for the same transaction but for slightly different amounts, the first transaction is processed GB189at1.12482 costing me €213.66 which is fine as that is what it said it cost, however another transaction has popped up just called the name of the website I purchased from and costing me €214.05, how and why is this happening.
    Hi Goon182,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We're sorry to hear that this transaction is appearing twice. This would generally indicate that the company has presented for the payment twice. To check this further, it would be best to link in with the merchant directly. They should be able to advise on these transactions.

We hope this helps. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Goon182

Hi Goon182,

We're sorry to hear that this transaction is appearing twice. This would generally indicate that the company has presented for the payment twice. To check this further, it would be best to link in with the merchant directly. They should be able to advise on these transactions.

We hope this helps. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi, I'm confused as to why they are allowed charge me twice in the first place with no confirmation from me? As its clearly not a mistake as the transactions have different names and slightly different amounts, is BOI primary job not too keep my money safe?

Also this has now dropped my account below the threshold for paying bank charges through no fault of mine, its disgraceful I'm being double charged a couple weeks before Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Goon182,

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi, I'm confused as to why they are allowed charge me twice in the first place with no confirmation from me? As its clearly not a mistake as the transactions have different names and slightly different amounts, is BOI primary job not too keep my money safe?

Also this has now dropped my account below the threshold for paying bank charges through no fault of mine, its disgraceful I'm being double charged a couple weeks before Christmas
    We're sorry to hear this Goon182 and we certainly understand your situation. When the company presents for a payment and voids a transaction, they will represent for it again. The first transaction will temporarily appear on your account and disappear after 5 working days. This will reflect in your balance.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement