If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hisense U8QF vs sony xh90

• 20-11-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi just wanted some advice on these two tvs . How would the hisense hold up against the Sony ? Also are any of the prices expected to fall on black friday? Iv been looking at the 55 inch. Anything else in this price range without going past the £900 mark? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

lfc13 wrote: »
    Hi just wanted some advice on these two tvs . How would the hisense hold up against the Sony ? Also are any of the prices expected to fall on black friday? Iv been looking at the 55 inch. Anything else in this price range without going past the £900 mark? Thanks in advance
    Hi lfc13,

Thanks for the post!

The Hisense is a great TV however I still think the Sonys are the best of the LED TVs especially for colour, contrast and motion processing. The Sonys also have the Android operating system!

We don;t know what the prices will be in advance unfortunately but we do have a 14 day price promise so if the price falls within 14 days of purchase let us know and we can refund the difference!

The absolute best for picture quality would be OLED however you are starting at £1098 for one of these:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lfc13

lfc13 wrote: »
    Hi lfc13,

Thanks for the post!

The Hisense is a great TV however I still think the Sonys are the best of the LED TVs especially for colour, contrast and motion processing. The Sonys also have the Android operating system!

We don;t know what the prices will be in advance unfortunately but we do have a 14 day price promise so if the price falls within 14 days of purchase let us know and we can refund the difference!

The absolute best for picture quality would be OLED however you are starting at £1098 for one of these:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David I appreciate the reply. On the website the xh90 is only click and collect. Does that mean I can't get it delivered. Sorry now but what' about the Sony xh90 vs samsung q80t. Iv read that the us version is superior to the European.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi ifc13,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The 55XH9005 is out of stock and at the moment we don't have confirmation of any ETA for more stocks.

The 55Q80T stock situation is a bit more positive - we do hope to have some availability towards the end of November.

In relation to the differences between European / US specs - I'm not sure which model you are looking at but generally these TV's are manufactured on the same platforms worldwide with only essential differences of tuners and PSU's - but also unfortunately even if there is a better version stateside it's slightly academic as US versions will not work in Europe unfortunately :(

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.