Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-09-2020, 14:17   #676
Whelo79

Great card overall, main event aside. Hamzat looks unreal so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see him over in fight island in the next few weeks.
Advertisement
20-09-2020, 18:08   #677
mailburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzparker View Post
Woodley isn't much different.

Tyron heart is gone. He is just fighting for a few quid.

Colby will walk through Masvidal

Cerrone needs to call it a day.
Poorest I've seen Cerrone in a long time, thinking he'll only regress from here on in but he looks done to me.
Price is exciting to watch but he's going nowhere either.

Not sure about walking through Masvidal who'll match his output especially if it stays standing but they have to make that match up
I couildn't care less about colby v usman

Would Tyron ever have beaten a colby, usman or burns I wonder?

Last edited by mailburner; 20-09-2020 at 19:18.
Thanks from:
20-09-2020, 18:12   #678
Homelander

Colby is off-the-charts cringe, that post fight "interview" was just unbearable.
20-09-2020, 19:09   #679
hawaii501

Think Masvidal will have a 'money fight' with Diaz first then fight Colby.

I think Colby beats him comfortably as much as I like Jorge, Colby's engine is non-stop and he lasts the 5 rounds at high pace.
20-09-2020, 20:47   #680
mdwexford

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlanderMan View Post
Colby makes fights so boring to watch.
On what planet. His output and pressure is something to behold. The Usman fight was excellent viewing.

He is a real American hero. The people’s champion.
Advertisement
20-09-2020, 21:20   #681
MidlanderMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwexford View Post
On what planet. His output and pressure is something to behold. The Usman fight was excellent viewing.

He is a real American hero. The people’s champion.
You just post ****e on every forum, don't you?
21-09-2020, 04:37   #682
derfderf

I think people are writing Cowboy off too early. Finished three times in a row by killers, and a draw and a decision loss that were both competitive.
If he wanted to stop I wouldn't argue, but he shouldn't be forced.
He's never going to be champion, no need to feed him to killers any more. If he wants to continue, let him fight guys like Iaqunata and Pettis, not Gaethje and Ferguson.
21-09-2020, 09:38   #683
fitzparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfderf View Post
I think people are writing Cowboy off too early. Finished three times in a row by killers, and a draw and a decision loss that were both competitive.
If he wanted to stop I wouldn't argue, but he shouldn't be forced.
He's never going to be champion, no need to feed him to killers any more. If he wants to continue, let him fight guys like Iaqunata and Pettis, not Gaethje and Ferguson.
For his own sake he needs to, Yesterday was Niko Price, it would be the level of cowboy at this stage, but as a UFE HOFer do you really want to be fighting Niko price? if he goes up another level he would lose 3/4 out of 5 fights, he is just fighting for a few quid now using the excuse ( he will fight anyone ) id like to see him win and retire, its the least he deserves. He is turning into Ross Pearson, kept on for years to just be a gate keeper cause he is a "game fighter"

Woodley has completely lost his killer instinct, his corner (like the burns fight) told him he has to go for a KO in R5 if he wants the win and again he didn't bother.

it reminds me of Francis v Lewis when Stipe took his soul but at least he go over it and is back on the tear. Woodley just looks a shell of a man.

Colby v Masvidal isnt the fight to make id rather see Edwards get a go, but if he doesn't take it he could be waiting 9 months for usman (if he beats burns).

On a side note Colby calling Woodley a terrorist while he is in a photo with Ali along side Trump made me laugh

Last edited by fitzparker; 21-09-2020 at 10:13.
21-09-2020, 11:11   #684
Brussels Sprout

Quote:
it reminds me of Francis v Lewis when Stipe took his soul but at least he go over it and is back on the tear. Woodley just looks a shell of a man.
This is very true. I'm struggling to come up with an obvious reason for what happened to him to become this way. He seemed this way during the Usman fight rather than because of it so I'm not sure it was that fight. The fight before that he finished Till easily so it wasn't that either. It's like something happened in between those two fights. Did he get badly KO'd in sparring or something?
Advertisement
21-09-2020, 13:14   #685
eagle eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii501
I think Colby beats him comfortably as much as I like Jorge, Colby's engine is non-stop and he lasts the 5 rounds at high pace.
Yeah he'll just do what he did to Woodley, put him against the cage and look for a few takedowns. Usman did it to him easily.
22-09-2020, 01:23   #686
derfderf

Quote:
For his own sake he needs to, Yesterday was Niko Price, it would be the level of cowboy at this stage, but as a UFE HOFer do you really want to be fighting Niko price? if he goes up another level he would lose 3/4 out of 5 fights, he is just fighting for a few quid now using the excuse ( he will fight anyone ) id like to see him win and retire, its the least he deserves. He is turning into Ross Pearson, kept on for years to just be a gate keeper cause he is a "game fighter"
Cowboy has never needed to fight. He's rich outside of mma. He's an adrenaline junkie. I've never fought, but i would guess it's a massive adrenaline rush.

Skip over the Conor, Justin, and Tony, fights, and he doesn't look like a guy that needs to retire. He should consider it, but he's not on a BJ Penn run.

If they stuck him in against Kevin Lee or Olivera, I wouldn't cringe at the thought.
22-09-2020, 02:26   #687
Beersmith

What? Cowboy is pretty famously in MMA been broke and needed the money badly from fights, he spends wildly and owed a ton in taxes a while back.
22-09-2020, 13:29   #688
Gamb!t

Think Im done watching Woodley regardless of who he fights, boring rinse and repeat stuff from him.
22-09-2020, 22:27   #689
Esse85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb!t View Post
Think Im done watching Woodley regardless of who he fights, boring rinse and repeat stuff from him.
Surely he'll retire, seems like his head is gone and he's incapable of letting his hands go. His style is incredible boring and bad now.

Has many other interests outside of MMA it seems, he doesn't seem that passionate about fighting anymore.

Was a really effective fighter in his day and defending the belt 4 times is a great achievement but given his age and lack of hunger, I think it's time he packed it in.
Thanks from:
22-09-2020, 23:16   #690
ASOT

Hopefully he doesn't go full time into rapping

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size