Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-09-2020, 11:09   #811
bustercherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by etxp View Post
I thought this was just in a bunker? I cant find it in the rules though, can you send it on please? I love a good read of the rules.
12.2b - Restrictions on Touching Sand in Bunker

(1) When Touching Sand Results in Penalty. Before making a stroke at a ball in a bunker, a player must not:

Deliberately touch sand in the bunker with a hand, club, rake or other object to test the condition of the sand to learn information for the next stroke, or
Touch sand in the bunker with a club:
- In the area right in front of or right behind the ball (except as allowed under Rule 7.1a in fairly searching for a ball or under Rule 12.2a in removing a loose impediment or movable obstruction),
- In making a practice swing, or
- In making the backswing for a stroke.

Penalty for Breach of Rule 12.2: General Penalty. Which is Loss of hole in match play or two penalty strokes in stroke play.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-09-2020, 11:22   #812
etxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustercherry View Post
12.2b - Restrictions on Touching Sand in Bunker

(1) When Touching Sand Results in Penalty. Before making a stroke at a ball in a bunker, a player must not:

Deliberately touch sand in the bunker with a hand, club, rake or other object to test the condition of the sand to learn information for the next stroke, or
Touch sand in the bunker with a club:
- In the area right in front of or right behind the ball (except as allowed under Rule 7.1a in fairly searching for a ball or under Rule 12.2a in removing a loose impediment or movable obstruction),
- In making a practice swing, or
- In making the backswing for a stroke.

Penalty for Breach of Rule 12.2: General Penalty. Which is Loss of hole in match play or two penalty strokes in stroke play.

Thanks, so just in the bunker not in a penalty area.
18-09-2020, 14:15   #813
bustercherry

Quote:
Thanks, so just in the bunker not in a penalty area.
Well that was in relation to the poster saying you could hit the sand in the backswing but not ground your club in bunker. You can ground your club in the bunker as long as you're not testing the conditions, improving lie or directly in front/behind the ball.

Penalty area is different.
18-09-2020, 14:50   #814
etxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustercherry View Post
Well that was in relation to the poster saying you could hit the sand in the backswing but not ground your club in bunker. You can ground your club in the bunker as long as you're not testing the conditions, improving lie or directly in front/behind the ball.

Penalty area is different.
Well they said clip something in their backswing, didn't specify bunker or penalty area.
18-09-2020, 16:02   #815
bustercherry

Quote:
Well they said clip something in their backswing, didn't specify bunker or penalty area.
Maybe, might have misread.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-09-2020, 17:42   #816
blindside88

37 points today off 19 (20 on the front 17 on the back). Happy enough with my round but would have liked 1 point more to get the handicap down to 18, I’ll likely only get a .6 cut which would keep me on 19. Hit so many bunkers today but came out of them all well so happy enough
(2) thanks from:
19-09-2020, 20:20   #817
Seve OB

31. 4putted the first. 3putted the 7th. Snap hook on 10 into heavy muck and lost. Mystery loss on 12 in light trees right of fairway. Knew I needed to go -1 for remaining holes to get buffer. Went par, par, par, par.... flushed one down middle on 17.... to good, found bunker which splits fairway and bladed out to end up with a double. Then birdied the last
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 20:28   #818
Rippeditup

Just played a casual 9 in 1hour 10mins.. was great. Played 2 balls pro v1 vs v1x

V1x was -2 and v1 was -1 .. was working on my rotation and flexibility the last month and drove the ball great and iron game was strong, moved to claw grip on putter and rolled them much better..

Playing AM and really looking forward to it now
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 20:47   #819
VW 1

Played a 4 man rumble event today. Team scored 88, one point of a prize. I scored 89 gross, 67 nett for 2 under off 22. 4 pars and a birdie in there too. Very happy with ball striking, and putting was decent, not close too good enough from 100 yards in, reall struggling with wedges and chipping, need to get practicing.
Advertisement
19-09-2020, 20:59   #820
youcancallmeal

37 points off 18(now 17). 18 on the front 19 on the back. Still fuming over what happened on the par 5 18th. I was 37 points and had just hit a perfect drive and 3 hybrid to get to 40 yards from the green. 100% shanked what was meant to a little chip with my 52degree. Probably looked hilarious to whoever was watching from clubhouse. I wouldn't mind I already hit a few of these kind of chips during the round with great results. Anyway it took me another 2 shots to get to the green and then 3 putted for my only scratch of the round. Still a good round and a cut but I'll be having nightmares about that chip for awhile.
20-09-2020, 19:03   #821
Deep Thought

35 pts.. 5 one pointers and a scratch

Struggling badly with the woods off the fairway.. maybe change them
20-09-2020, 19:38   #822
Mushy

36 points today, and that included 2 scratches and 4 single pointers. Roller coaster of a round, still nearly snuck a cut if got my birdie on last but not to be. Still no .1s back this year, and dont know if will be playing any more counting competitions
20-09-2020, 23:15   #823
kev_s88

Played a charity 4 person team event yesterday. We ended up winning the thing with 78 points, despite feeling that high 80s would be needed to even contend.

Got fitted for new irons about a month ago and they finally arrived on Thursday (Cobra King SZ). With work i didn't have time to get for a few practise holes or even down to the range so 1st hole was the first time i actually got to hit them.

Kept my own card throughout the round and finished with 93 gross off 24 for a 3 under round for myself. Best round of golf i've had since I started playing seriously about 3 years ago. Amazing the difference I found hitting a set of irons that are fitted for your swing. Hitting the irons just felt effortless and getting at least 25-30 metres more on each shot (a lot of this down to the fact that the irons have much lower loft than my previous ones). It was the sheer consistency in distance and direction that I couldn't believe.

Lets just hope it wasn't a first round fluke, feels like a breakthrough could be coming in my game with these new irons
(3) thanks from:
21-09-2020, 08:35   #824
etxp

38 points this weekend off 10. Was good enough for 3rd in the weekly comp but no cut

19pts on the front.
wasn't playing well but was scoring, finished the 9th with a 1 pointer which was annoying as its an easy par 4.

19pts on the back.
got off to a terrible start. was trying to flight a 5 iron into the 10th par 5 for my third shot but pulled it in to the bunker and ended up on the downslope. thinned it through the green and scratched the hole. Played the next 8 holes in 2 over so recovered well.

Putting probably let me down, greens were very slow and I hadn't played since playing Portrush/Portstewart and took a bit of time to get used to the slow greens. Had birdie putts come up a roll short on the 2nd and 3rd

39pts won it, if I had bogeyed the 10th probably would have had it on the back 9
(2) thanks from:
21-09-2020, 09:56   #825
gypsy79

27 (11/16) points off 18 in enniscrone In Thursday open

1 birdie
5 pars
3 bogies
5 doubles
4 scratches

A round of many parts. Started off with 8 points in first 3 holes including a birdie on 3. Then fell to pieces for six holes

Onto the back 9. Solid start with 3 birdies in first 4, 15 points on first 6. Another crash

Back for more punishment this Thursday
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion