Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eligible for JSA?

• 06-07-2020 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to work out if I'd be eligible or not for JSA.

They have sent me out the forms but they also require my husband's payslips and bank statements for last 6 months
    etc which he thinks it's a bit much to ask for.

So before we go decide to go ahead and apply could you tell me based on his earnings if we would even qualify?

He makes about €3,200 pm net after tax, pension contributons etc. I can't seem to figure out online myself. We have no kids.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

No

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

vandriver wrote: »
    No

Thanks for quick the reply. They said on the letter to let them know if I wish to sign on for credits instead. I tried ringing but couldn't get through so I might call down if they are open.

Unless do you know another way apply for credits, is there a form I could fill out and send in? Thanks

Add back his income tax,then multiply by 12,divide by 52 for a weekly figure.Deduct 60,then multiply what's left by 0.6
    This is your weekly means.If this is higher than dole + qualifying adult payment (€350) then you get nothing.

Add back his income tax,then multiply by 12,divide by 52 for a weekly figure.Deduct 60,then multiply what's left by 0.6
    This is your weekly means.If this is higher than dole + qualifying adult payment (€350) then you get nothing.

Thanks, looks like I'm not eligible as he is on €60k a year before any deductions. I will just sign on for credits then.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Has your JSB eligibility ended?

• Advertisement

Have you transferred tax credits to your partner?

Has your JSB eligibility ended?

Yes

Have you transferred tax credits to your partner?

Yes I've transferred the tax credits too. Does that make a difference?

foxy_j wrote: »
    Yes I've transferred the tax credits too. Does that make a difference?
    If you transfer 1800 to your partner,they take home 1800 a year extra.
    You can also reallocate some of your 20% band as well.

If you transfer 1800 to your partner,they take home 1800 a year extra.
    You can also reallocate some of your 20% band as well.

Thanks, ya transferred all credits to him online opted as joint assessed as I wasn't working. Not sure if that is the best way. Is the tax band separate? So for last couple months he was getting an extra €287 in his wages.

Do this effect my JSA claim in a positive/neg way or was it separate advice to increase our income? Thanks ��

• Advertisement

foxy_j wrote: »
    Thanks, ya transferred all credits to him online opted as joint assessed as I wasn't working. Not sure if that is the best way. Is the tax band separate? So for last couple months he was getting an extra €287 in his wages.

Do this effect my JSA claim in a positive/neg way or was it separate advice to increase our income? Thanks ��
    Nothing to do with your jsa claim.I was just making sure you'd maximised your joint income.

Nothing to do with your jsa claim.I was just making sure you'd maximised your joint income.

Ah ya I thought so. Thanks for that I appreciate the help 👍

Advertisement