Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭giveitholly

technocrat wrote: »
    I don't see the patrons eating a 'substantial meal' as per the guidelines!

Who would be eating a substantial meal at 11.30 at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I don't see the patrons having a 'substantial meal' as per the guidelines!

It's a one hour and forty five minute sitting. A burger and chips would probably take 15 mins to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Was it not a recorded interview? Sure I heard Marty saying they were closing at 9 or 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Was it not a recorded interview? Sure I heard Marty saying they were closing at 9 or 10pm.

That must be it,didn't hear that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

TheChizler wrote: »
    Nuala dressed up for 1990s trick-or-treating. This is ridiculous, I thought the pub was bad enough, are these gimmicks supposed to make up for the lack of a studio audience?

My guess is that all these studio gimmicks on her show over the last few weeks are a result of a whole Fair City set and staging crew sitting around RTE on 90k a head doing nothing. So Claine said llads, Ive got an idea and suddenly her studio can be dressed up like a Covid isolation unit or a pub or a hairdressers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bigroad

Chicken balls and chips maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Turning now in to an episode of Blind Date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

This is going on way too long

There was no need to drag doyler up from Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

brian Kennedy is such an insufferable windbag.

He always has to shoehorn the fact that he is the only GAY in Ireland, and not tonight he was the only GAY avoiding AIDS in London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Biscuit or cake??? Cake! No biscuit.

Load of nonsense.

M

Ffs, it's hair, not a feckin Picasso you are restoring.

Who does Nuala think she is!

Her hair is no different now than when she came in, ffs

What a great free ad for this fella

And that ever-so-tragically-dangerous box dye, de wurst sun a hair dresser’s customer could commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Happened to catch some of this and was brian Kennedy always this annoying or is it a recent thing ?

I always get the feeling that Nuala is a pain in the arse.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Happened to catch some of this and was brian Kennedy always this annoying or is it a recent thing ?

Did you see him sing a mad song, jumping up and down as if on double-dose speed, about recovery from cancer on the Late Late Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did you see him sing a mad song, jumping up and down as if on double-dose speed, about recovery from cancer on the Late Late Show?

No I missed that.

• Advertisement

He always has to shoehorn the fact that he is the only GAY in Ireland, and not tonight he was the only GAY avoiding AIDS in London

He was estranged from his family-I suspect they all found him unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ann Doyle must have a very sore arse from sitting on the fence. Couldn't pick the winner of a 2 horse face mask making competition for fear of upsetting the loser

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No I missed that.

The comments on the thread were hilarious. It kind of came out of nowhere as he launched into this friended anthem that went something like Cancer, Healing, Recovery! belted our repetitiously as he bounced up and down the steps of the audience.

M

CH3OH wrote: »
    Ann Doyle must have a very sore arse from sitting on the fence. Couldn't pick the winner of a 2 horse face mask making competition for fear of upsetting the loser

According to Wikipedia she once had a relationship with Jim "Wrongway" McDaid back in the day.

According to Wikipedia she once had a relationship with Jim "Wrongway" McDaid back in the day.

She had a lot of legover with with all sorts of the make species.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Careful now, Ive only recently realised that womens hairdressing is similar to rocket science and brain surgery combined. How else could Irish hairdressers get away with charging 150 quid for a colour and cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Channel 9 want their producer back.

Hugh Ormond. He used to produce Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Last nights episode was a part 2 of the recent ‘RTÉ does comic relief’ show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hugh Ormond. He used to produce Liveline.

Cheers. Couldn't find that when I searched.
    CBL started well. Then they lost that producer. Show deteriorated with next producer and now it's just a farce. Defo 'Fast Shows' C9 level now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Claire Byrne feels a bit like rummaging in the metal containers filled with random stuff in Aldi/Lidl. There's all sorts of stuff thrown in on top of each other, some of it's good, most of it is worthless. How's it all ended up together is a bit of a Mystery. If Poundland became a current Affairs programme.

Hair-do! Skype chat! Epidemiologists on sowing machines, having a laugh! HA, HA, HA! Terrible tragedy: human interest! Serious guy in a suit talking about seriousness! Brian Kennedy didn't have sex in London for years! HA, HA, HA!

I think the only indisputably good thing about The Late Late, for all its lameness, is its crazy tonal shifts over the course of two hours: high-brow, low-brow, serious discussion and silly stupid stuff: it all gets thrown in there. Claire Byrne takes it to the next extreme: the items just don't follow each other, they're often all going on at once in the same room.

Advertisement